Search found 6556 matches

by Lefty
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:27 pm
Forum: Pro Sports
Topic: NBA Playoffs
Replies: 15
Views: 584

Re: NBA Playoffs

I'm amazed at how much Lebron is allowed to get away with offensively Finally I also think because he is so strong and athletic he gets fouled a TON that doesn’t get called. That happens some for sure......but he barrels into the lane and lowers his shoulder and/or extends an elbow pretty much all ...
by Lefty
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:51 pm
Forum: Pro Sports
Topic: NBA Playoffs
Replies: 15
Views: 584

Re: NBA Playoffs

Lefty wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:49 pm
I'm amazed at how much Lebron is allowed to get away with offensively
Finally
by Lefty
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:49 pm
Forum: Pro Sports
Topic: NBA Playoffs
Replies: 15
Views: 584

Re: NBA Playoffs

I'm amazed at how much Lebron is allowed to get away with offensively
by Lefty
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:43 am
Forum: Pro Sports
Topic: Dwight Clark
Replies: 2
Views: 199

Re: Dwight Clark

tribecalledquest wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 am
Man ALS ***.
Watched a friend go through that several years ago.....it's unbelievable...
by Lefty
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:37 am
Forum: Pro Sports
Topic: NBA Playoffs
Replies: 15
Views: 584

Re: NBA Playoffs

https://sports.yahoo.com/warriors-cavs-beef-lights-raging-073031335.html I wouldn't care either way on this topic but I see Kerr's point on it. Heck it seemed like Livingston's shot was somewhat half hearted too. No reason for the Cavs to make a big deal out of it. I was also surprised they overtur...
by Lefty
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:47 am
Forum: Pro Sports
Topic: NBA Playoffs
Replies: 15
Views: 584

Re: NBA Playoffs

https://sports.yahoo.com/warriors-cavs-beef-lights-raging-073031335.html I wouldn't care either way on this topic but I see Kerr's point on it. Heck it seemed like Livingston's shot was somewhat half hearted too. No reason for the Cavs to make a big deal out of it. I was also surprised they overturn...
by Lefty
Mon May 21, 2018 12:11 pm
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: Paying NCAA Athletes
Replies: 89
Views: 3606

Re: Paying NCAA Athletes

It seems like the only ones who have restrictions on them are the players. No one else. That’s really messed up. While I might agree in theory with your argument the players DO have the ability to trade a six-figure valued education for a pro career here or overseas. Coaches, ADs, and university pr...
by Lefty
Wed May 09, 2018 1:34 pm
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: Paying NCAA Athletes
Replies: 89
Views: 3606

Re: Paying NCAA Athletes

Tribe...we disagree....I hesitated getting in on this because I don't really have the time to go back and forth....
by Lefty
Wed May 09, 2018 12:54 pm
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: Paying NCAA Athletes
Replies: 89
Views: 3606

Re: Paying NCAA Athletes

No. They cannot. A) they aren't given enough time off. B) the amount of money they can make is capped. How about we agree that all things every other student gets to do as far as making money outside of any scholarship should also apply to athletes? What would be wrong with this? yeah...that's an i...
by Lefty
Wed May 09, 2018 12:05 pm
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: Paying NCAA Athletes
Replies: 89
Views: 3606

Re: Paying NCAA Athletes

I would have done the quote but I'm pretty sure I would have messed it all up :) You and I have been down this road before and I don't see us changing our minds so I blame Mexico on this one ;) I assume players can get summer jobs or jobs when they have time off? No. They cannot. A) they aren't giv...
by Lefty
Wed May 09, 2018 10:28 am
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: Paying NCAA Athletes
Replies: 89
Views: 3606

Re: Paying NCAA Athletes

I would have done the quote but I'm pretty sure I would have messed it all up :)

You and I have been down this road before and I don't see us changing our minds so I blame Mexico on this one ;)

I assume players can get summer jobs or jobs when they have time off?
by Lefty
Wed May 09, 2018 9:53 am
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: Paying NCAA Athletes
Replies: 89
Views: 3606

Re: Paying NCAA Athletes

They get a free education and if they do what they are suppose to do can have have a nice job/career when their playing days are over and have it until they retire. It's not a bad deal. You open up the other stuff it will create all kinds of issues. Then a player will complain a coach benched him b...
by Lefty
Wed May 09, 2018 6:50 am
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: Paying NCAA Athletes
Replies: 89
Views: 3606

Re: Paying NCAA Athletes

They get a free education and if they do what they are suppose to do can have have a nice job/career when their playing days are over and have it until they retire. It's not a bad deal. You open up the other stuff it will create all kinds of issues. Then a player will complain a coach benched him be...
by Lefty
Tue May 01, 2018 11:29 am
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: 2018 BU recruiting
Replies: 1250
Views: 103150

Re: 2018 BU recruiting

Lots of good thoughts here I don't post much in the off season...mainly because of misuse of the quote function :) .....but I'm thinking(hoping) Pitt and LVB will be surprises to us this year. Experience does help so I think most all of the returning roster will be better and contribute more next se...
by Lefty
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:23 am
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: 2018 BU recruiting
Replies: 1250
Views: 103150

Re: 2018 BU recruiting

[quote=tribecalledquest post_id=1506776 time=1524970065 user_id=16412 Recruiting is like the NFL Draft. Every team gets exactly the player they want. They didn't miss out on anybody. Anybody they didn't get they didn't want anyway. They only take guys that fit the culture, etc. Unless I misundersta...
by Lefty
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:18 am
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: 2018 BU recruiting
Replies: 1250
Views: 103150

Re: 2018 BU recruiting

dogsrus wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:26 pm
Mike Radigan wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:11 pm
Dru, can you come to the rescue with the quote function? 🙈
That was just for Lefty..... :D
Ha.....once I messed it up it was messed up for everyone....this one worked good though :D
by Lefty
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:32 pm
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: 2018 BU recruiting
Replies: 1250
Views: 103150

Re: 2018 BU recruiting

[quote=tribecalledquest post_id=1506776 time=1524970065 user_id=16412 [/quote] Recruiting is like the NFL Draft. Every team gets exactly the player they want. They didn't miss out on anybody. Anybody they didn't get they didn't want anyway. They only take guys that fit the culture, etc. [/quote] Unl...
by Lefty
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:39 pm
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: 2017-18 DI Hoops Coaching Carousel
Replies: 496
Views: 27222

Re: 2017-18 DI Hoops Coaching Carousel

BradleyBrave wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:47 am
AJ was at 4 high schools. His dad has been at double that, maybe more. There will be a litany of excuses why he ends up at 4 colleges in 6 years. I actually feel bad for the kid, I'm not sure he knows any better/different.
He brings new meaning to one and done
by Lefty
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:36 am
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: 2018 BU recruiting
Replies: 1250
Views: 103150

Re: 2018 BU recruiting

BradleyBrave wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:55 am
Another beautiful spring day in Peoria. I’m sure all the coeds will be prancing around campus after being holed up inside all winter. What a day to be visiting...

D@mn you global warming! Or something.
This isn't Louisville :D
by Lefty
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:21 am
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: NCAA Tournament Hogwarts Madness
Replies: 96
Views: 5227

Re: NCAA Tournament Hogwarts Madness

Bruce Weber was on The Score today, spoke a lot about his time at SIU and in the Valley. Said it was one of the most special times of his career. Was interesting to hear about the dialogue between him and his AD while they were starting to have success. Said that he turned down a couple of overture...
by Lefty
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:17 am
Forum: College Sports
Topic: March Madness 2018 Thread
Replies: 166
Views: 9340

Re: March Madness 2018 Thread

Bruce Weber v Porter Moser Fired Illini v Fired Redbird I know I'm suppose to root for Loyola but I'm for KState and Bruce in this game. COY on 3 conferences, maybe not a big deal but that doesn't seem like an easy deal to get. He's a class act all the way and I hope they continue to win.........if...
by Lefty
Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:51 am
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: Next Season's Surprise Player
Replies: 18
Views: 1542

Re: Next Season's Surprise Player

dogsrus wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:15 pm
..... is not on campus yet.....
that's my guess......some of our guys will progress....I doubt any of them progress so much we would call it a surprise......


now if Jayden ends up scoring 12 a game???
by Lefty
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:36 pm
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: Bradley verse Loyola
Replies: 85
Views: 4911

Re: Bradley verse Loyola

deejay wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:33 pm
Didn’t score last 4t minutes.
Only 3 points the last 7 1/2 minutes
by Lefty
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:33 pm
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: Bradley verse Loyola
Replies: 85
Views: 4911

Re: Bradley verse Loyola

real fan wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:31 pm
Hodgson cannot score or guard, again why does he play?
Necessity.....would you play Lundy instead?
by Lefty
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:31 pm
Forum: Bradley Braves Basketball Forum
Topic: Bradley verse Loyola
Replies: 85
Views: 4911

Re: Bradley verse Loyola

Then Nate passes up a shot in the lane