Louisville sanctions by NCAA

For the civil discussion of college sports
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Louisville sanctions by NCAA

Post by deejay » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Slap on the wrist, because it was Louisville. They will drag out North Carolina and do the same, yet give death sentences to ones of their choosing.
go cubs go!

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Louisville sanctions by NCAA

Post by tribecalledquest » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:33 pm

deejay wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:45 pm
Slap on the wrist, because it was Louisville. They will drag out North Carolina and do the same, yet give death sentences to ones of their choosing.
What should the penalty have been and why?
“When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:20 pm

Pimping ain't easy.
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:47 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:33 pm
deejay wrote:

For starters cut the number of prostitutes from 5 to 3 per visit per year.......
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:41 am

Sadly the media is complicit in these matters because they ignore NCAA sanctions against teams. Although USC was stripped of their 2004 BCS title they are still referred to as champions. The Fab Four is still lauded for their Final Four runs although those were vacated. Rarely is a disclaimer put on that these honors were vacated so basically did not happen. It is hard for anybody to believe these sanctions when the media ignores them.

If Louisville is stripped of their 2013 national title do I have to return the money I won in a bar pool where their covering the national title game won me over $500? :lol:
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:16 am

For Jay Bilas, Gary Parrish and other media types to say they believe Pitino when he says he didn't know anything about this.....Come on. You know better.

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:05 pm

At least the women in this case knew what they signed up for vs. using a bunch of coeds who are assumed to be there for the same reason by the players but not the coeds themselves. This whole situation however just reinforces the idea that women on campus are there for the pleasure of the athletes.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:05 pm
At least the women in this case knew what they signed up for vs. using a bunch of coeds who are assumed to be there for the same reason by the players but not the coeds themselves. This whole situation however just reinforces the idea that women on campus are there for the pleasure of the athletes.
Good point. No charade here. Everyone knew the score. Prostitution should be legal in this country but that's a different topic for a different day :)

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:04 am

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
When I was at ISU I made friends with soccer players that were on my floor. Let's just say that when recruits were in town there were female students at the parties the recruits attended who were more willing than the average student to say "yes".
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

CIS
All World
All World

Post by CIS » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:54 pm

dogsrus wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:47 pm
tribecalledquest wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:33 pm
deejay wrote:

For starters cut the number of prostitutes from 5 to 3 per visit per year.......
Dogs, that's actually funny! :D

CIS
All World
All World

Post by CIS » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Reggie wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:04 am
Redbird CC Fan wrote:
When I was at ISU I made friends with soccer players that were on my floor. Let's just say that when recruits were in town there were female students at the parties the recruits attended who were more willing than the average student to say "yes".
It's funny Reggie, when I was in college I was used as a MALE student who went to female recruits parties (female basketball and softball recruit parties) because I was more willing than the average student to say yes.... :) However, the school actually lost recruits.. :oops:

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:47 pm

CIS wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:57 pm
Reggie wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:04 am
Redbird CC Fan wrote:
It's funny Reggie, when I was in college I was used as a MALE student who went to female recruits parties (female basketball and softball recruit parties) because I was more willing than the average student to say yes.... :) However, the school actually lost recruits.. :oops:
That is too funny!
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
It's based on if you liked or didn't like their music...

houstontxbrave
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)

Post by houstontxbrave » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:49 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:16 am
For Jay Bilas, Gary Parrish and other media types to say they believe Pitino when he says he didn't know anything about this.....Come on. You know better.
That amount of money changing hands, arguably the most powerful man at the school, his hire coordinating this and he knows nothing. He is either a liar or stupid.

But my biggest issue is that there were underage recruits subject to this behavior. Does that fact not deserve the same outrage that would have occurred if the situation was underage female recruits? If that were the case the entire staff at Louisville along with AD and president would have lost their jobs. Instead the head of the staff gets a 5 games suspension.

I would believe, even in Kentucky, that providing sexual relations to a minor is a felony, regardless of gender.

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:57 pm

CIS wrote:
That does not surprise me because the little blue pill had not been invented and there is no way you could have been expected to perform at your peak level after dealing with all the groupies after the Stamper Stadium game. :td

CIS
All World
All World

Post by CIS » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:37 am

Reggie wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:57 pm
CIS wrote:
That does not surprise me because the little blue pill had not been invented and there is no way you could have been expected to perform at your peak level after dealing with all the groupies after the Stamper Stadium game. :td
It was my 15 seconds of fame! :king

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:08 pm

CIS wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:37 am
Reggie wrote:
CIS wrote:
15 seconds of fame sounds like GBG's honeymoon! :twisted:

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:26 pm

Reggie wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:08 pm
CIS wrote:
Reggie wrote:

Fame or shame? 😁

CIS
All World
All World

Post by CIS » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Reggie wrote:
CIS wrote:
Reggie wrote:

OUCH! :D

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:23 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:26 pm
Reggie wrote:
Fame or shame? 😁
One man's fame is another man's shame. :lol: