Urban Meyer

For the civil discussion of college sports
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by squirrel » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Arrogance and manipulation on both sides doesn’t make the female any less a victim.
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:24 pm

I agree with squirrel. I am not trying to compare, but I still get upset how everyone from the FSU coaching staff and admin all the way to the Tallahassee police tried to cover for Jamis Winston during his time there. They succeeded in making the girl the victim. All a big coverup. Not anymore. Right or wrong, one is judged on social media. So everyone is now under scrutiny.
go cubs go!

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Ohio State says their investigation into Urban Meyer's handling of the domestic violence case will be completed within 14 days.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:51 pm

I see a one game suspension coming, before games really count.
go cubs go!

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Even Courtney smith's mother doesn't believe her and admits Courtney said she wanted to Zach down.

Is she a victim blamer?
"I don't like to do jokes about stereotypes, but we all know basketball players don't swim well." - Daniel Tosh

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:46 pm
Even Courtney smith's mother doesn't believe her and admits Courtney said she wanted to Zach down.

Is she a victim blamer?
Source?

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:33 am

Bluejaygrad03 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:46 pm
Buckeyes1 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Is she a victim blamer?
Source?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... vEgg6wa-OP

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/c ... ch_sm.html

There are several reports on this. It would explain some of the why keep the text messages just to release them now claims made by Smith's and Meyer's defenders.

As far as credibility, if your own mom doubts your stories that tends to be a pretty big red flag wouldn't you think?
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

quince
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by quince » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Urban is going to skate on this. He’s the most powerful person in the entire state of Ohio. Some dipcrap case like this is not going to get him fired.

Especially when Ohio State fans support him unconditionally.

The only thing that will get him fired is losses. Especially to Michigan.

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Jealous mothers throw their daughters under the bus all the time :lol:
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

MissouriValleyUnite
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by MissouriValleyUnite » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:55 am

Courtney Smith’s mother is a meninist.

Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:11 pm

quince wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:41 pm

The only thing that will get him fired is losses. Especially to Michigan.
And hopefully one of these days, at least a few to Illinois too. Whenever the Illibuck game is played anymore because of the division setup.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:30 pm

I love Paul Finebaum spouting off on eSECpn about the evils of Ohio State. That would be like asking CNN to give an unbiased report on Trump. Or me to give an unbiased opinion of *ichigan.
"I don't like to do jokes about stereotypes, but we all know basketball players don't swim well." - Daniel Tosh

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:01 am

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:30 pm
I love Paul Finebaum spouting off on eSECpn about the evils of Ohio State. That would be like asking CNN to give an unbiased report on Trump. Or me to give an unbiased opinion of *ichigan.
So you really think Paul Finebaum can’t have an opinion on this matter?

Same with CNN as it relates to the President. (Side note. The # of people who say they don’t watch CNN who then have strong opinions of the programming on CNN is amazing to me. Reminds me of Jim Les who said he never read the PJ Star but somehow knew everything that was written about him and the BU program).

I feel people actually can make informed comments on topics independent of their past reporting/comments/etc.

Someone who thinks people can’t are only showing their own inability to do so.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:16 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:01 am
Buckeyes1 wrote:

Same with CNN as it relates to the President. (Side note. The # of people who say they don’t watch CNN who then have strong opinions of the programming on CNN is amazing to me. Reminds me of Jim Les who said he never read the PJ Star but somehow knew everything that was written about him and the BU program).

I feel people actually can make informed comments on topics independent of their past reporting/comments/etc.

Considering he is calling in McMurphy to act like an expert on this matter shows he can't have a real opinion on the matter. He is made it so plainly obvious that he is on a personal vendetta for Meyer that nobody should be giving him a microphone unless you are showing bias. eSECpn has shown that bias with every report they run. Make a huge deal out of every McMurphy report and ignore the other side of the debate that Snook has brought out. Its why the media in America is looked at as a joke. They don't report the news, they push the angle they want to be pushed.

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:02 am

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:16 am
tribecalledquest wrote:
Buckeyes1 wrote:

Considering he is calling in McMurphy to act like an expert on this matter shows he can't have a real opinion on the matter. He is made it so plainly obvious that he is on a personal vendetta for Meyer that nobody should be giving him a microphone unless you are showing bias. eSECpn has shown that bias with every report they run. Make a huge deal out of every McMurphy report and ignore the other side of the debate that Snook has brought out. Its why the media in America is looked at as a joke. They don't report the news, they push the angle they want to be pushed.
The only people who think the media in America is a joke are the ones who don’t like facts or people pushing hard for the truth. Of course I guess it depends on what media people follow. I’ve never thought any of the media outlets I follow for information are a joke. They’ve been around for a hundred plus years.

Honest question. Can someone have a personal bias but also be telling the truth in a certain situation? Bias is one thing. Lying is another. I admit bias exists, just don’t let it skew facts.
~Thomas Jefferson

MissouriValleyUnite

Post by MissouriValleyUnite » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:16 am
tribecalledquest wrote:
Buckeyes1 wrote:

You’d have to be butthurt not to acknowledge McMurphy’s stellar journalism. The man keeps uncovering facts with evidence that would’ve never been unearthed if he was still with ESPN.

Heck, when this story broke, ESPN held out as long as possible from discussing it while CBSSN & FS1 spent hours upon hours on it. To imply ESPN has an agenda against Ohio St is off the reservation.

The more information that comes out, the better McMurphy looks. Photographs of a staffer performing oral sex in the coach’s office? Receipts of sex toys delivered to the coach’s office? What an educator!

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:19 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:15 pm

You’d have to be butthurt not to acknowledge McMurphy’s stellar journalism. The man keeps uncovering facts with evidence that would’ve never been unearthed if he was still with ESPN.

Heck, when this story broke, ESPN held out as long as possible from discussing it while CBSSN & FS1 spent hours upon hours on it. To imply ESPN has an agenda against Ohio St is off the reservation.

The more information that comes out, the better McMurphy looks. Photographs of a staffer performing oral sex in the coach’s office? Receipts of sex toys delivered to the coach’s office? What an educator!
Journalism involves trying to get both sides and telling facts, not slanting the story to your narrative. That is what McMurphy has done. He openly admitted to never contacting anybody involved with Ohio State before releasing his story because "he thought somebody would release the story first." That is not quality journalism. That is the garbage journalism of today

JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:51 pm

I wonder....would you defend Jim Harbaugh and Michigan the same way?
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:26 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/c ... taffer-sex

At the White House? Huh?

And $2,200?

Also McMurphy did contact Smith’s attorney prior to releasing this story and got a “no comment.”
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Buckeyes—do you have issue with Zach Smith being fired?
~Thomas Jefferson

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:41 pm

https://watchstadium.com/news/zach-smit ... 8-17-2018/

Smith’s attorney threatening McMurphy.

As someone said earlier, blaming the victim isn’t a good look. Same can be said when the accused’s attorney uses the tactic of threatening the messenger.
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:17 pm

illini25 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:41 pm
https://watchstadium.com/news/zach-smit ... 8-17-2018/

Smith’s attorney threatening McMurphy.

As someone said earlier, blaming the victim isn’t a good look. Same can be said when the accused’s attorney uses the tactic of threatening the messenger.
No dog in this fight and certainly not supporting Smith who seems like a creep at best, but there isn't very firm evidence that a victim exists at least of abuse or assault.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:10 pm

JD wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:51 pm
I wonder....would you defend Jim Harbaugh and Michigan the same way?
Of course not. That's a dumb thought. I'm sure most *ichigan fans are on the fire Urban train. I admitted my bias against that awful university

But if it were Lovie at Illinois then I would have the same thought I do on this. Why should Urban get fired if he reported to his bosses? It makes no sense. He isn't the police.

oftenrunning52

Post by oftenrunning52 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:18 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:38 pm
Interesting question! If Urban Meyer could give a logical answer to why he fired Smith in 2018, I might be willing to believe the rest of his story. However, I can't really see a logical answer to the question that doesn't contradict something he has already said. At the very least, Urban Meyer's credibility is garbage.
Dunlap Eagles
2011 and 2012 Mid-Illini Boys Cross Country Champions
2012-2018 Mid-Illini Girls Cross Country Champions
2014 3rd place and 2016 2nd place Girls 2A IHSA Cross Country
2017 Girls IHSA Cross Country State Champions

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:24 pm

oftenrunning52 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:18 pm
tribecalledquest wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:38 pm
Interesting question! If Urban Meyer could give a logical answer to why he fired Smith in 2018, I might be willing to believe the rest of his story. However, I can't really see a logical answer to the question that doesn't contradict something he has already said. At the very least, Urban Meyer's credibility is garbage.
Smith’s attorney said the items that were $2,200 were gag gifts. Maybe Meyer didn’t like his gag gift.