College FB Week 6

For the civil discussion of college sports
Leatherneck
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

College FB Week 6

Post by Leatherneck » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:12 pm

Full CFB Week 6 schedule for the FBS at: http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

Missouri Valley schedule: http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/group/21

In the OVC, EIU hosts SE Missouri State at 1PM Saturday.

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Re: College FB Week 6

Post by Reggie » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:30 pm

USC is stinking up the Masoleum.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:10 pm

USC goes down at home to the Washington Huskies, 17-12.

Strange decision by Steve Sarkisian. With his team trailing by five and a 4th and 8 from the Washington 28 he opted to attempt a FG with under four minutes left. It failed. USC only had one timeout left so when Washington got one first down it was all over.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

iversonfan14
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)

Post by iversonfan14 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:15 pm

Reggie wrote:USC goes down at home to the Washington Huskies, 17-12.

Strange decision by Steve Sarkisian. With his team trailing by five and a 4th and 8 from the Washington 28 he opted to attempt a FG with under four minutes left. It failed. USC only had one timeout left so when Washington got one first down it was all over.
USC was running the ball down their throats and went away from it...horrible play calling! USC is LOADED with talent, definitely one of the biggest underachievers. This is huge for ND in the recruiting game for one of the top players in the country, and ND's top target Daelin Hayes. Hoping ND can handle USC at home next week and the likelihood of landing Hayes will be much greater

As a side note, if ND does sign Hayes then USC will be in trouble for a recruiting violation. Hayes signed his financial aid papers to USC and Sark has publicly commented about him congratulating him on committing to USC. So if he does not sign with them then it's a recruiting violation

firefighter13

Post by firefighter13 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:45 am

Lol at Oklahoma
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:43 pm

It is time for Oklahoma to thank Bob Stoops for his service and move on.

salz4life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by salz4life » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:47 pm

Oklahoma is a fraud.... I'm shocked. Stoops should probably retire.
"The Pack Leader"

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:47 pm

And just when you think the Illini are looking like a real football team Bill Cubit calls a reverse pass by a WR on 3rd and 1 in Iowa territory. :shock:

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:49 pm

salz4life wrote:Oklahoma is a fraud.... I'm shocked. Stoops should probably retire.
Saw this coming. I am sure they came in way overconfident against a reeling Longhorn team. Ironic that there was talk of Strong being fired if they got clobbered today but in fact it may be the game that leads to Stoops' dismissal.

Bring on Chip Kelly!

Lefty
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Lefty » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:02 pm

Reggie wrote:And just when you think the Illini are looking like a real football team Bill Cubit calls a reverse pass by a WR on 3rd and 1 in Iowa territory. :shock:

no kidding.....but they just scored on a long pass play....23-20 with 10 mimutes to go.

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Illini defense needs a major infusion of speed.

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:18 pm

And this is why the Illini are...the Illini. :oops:

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Reggie wrote:And this is why the Illini are...the Illini. :oops:
they are doing much better so far this season than I expected them to
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:56 pm

O&B 78 wrote:
Seems like dropping Beckman was a solid start in the right direction.

salz4life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by salz4life » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:12 pm

O&B 78 wrote:
Illinois is much better right now than they would've been if Beckman was still on the sidelines. I don't know if that really means Cubit should get the job, but still.
"The Pack Leader"

salz4life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by salz4life » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:13 pm

Michigan has punched NW in the mouth here in the 1st quarter. Currently 14-0 and Michigan is threatening again. As I type, make it 21-0.
"The Pack Leader"

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:19 pm

I don't know how Illinois fans wouldn't be happy about how things have started. They are 4-2 with a win over Nebraska and played right with undefeated Iowa. The bad thing might be Bill Cubit doing too well and then Illinois hiring him long term.

Ohio State tried something interesting today. Cardale Jones played until they got to the red zone. In the red zone they brought in Barrett. They scored 5 TD's on 5 trips. Jones looked good throwing the ball in the rest of the field. The defense looked bad trying to stop the quarterback run but everything else went smooth for the first time all year.

Nick Chubb has left with a knee injury. I didn't see it happen but the talk afterward on CBS is that it is bad.
"I don't like to do jokes about stereotypes, but we all know basketball players don't swim well." - Daniel Tosh

iversonfan14

Post by iversonfan14 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:21 pm

salz4life wrote:Michigan has punched NW in the mouth here in the 1st quarter. Currently 14-0 and Michigan is threatening again. As I type, make it 21-0.
Amazing what good coaching can do for a team

tombs14
All World
All World

Post by tombs14 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Buckeyes1 wrote:I don't know how Illinois fans wouldn't be happy about how things have started. They are 4-2 with a win over Nebraska and played right with undefeated Iowa. The bad thing might be Bill Cubit doing too well and then Illinois hiring him long term.
I'm really happy with the way they have played lately. They were a couple of plays short of winning in Iowa City.

But what is wrong with hiring Bill Cubit for another year? Lunt hasn't improved as much as I would have hoped, but he isn't terrible.

tombs14
All World
All World

Post by tombs14 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:35 pm

Could be a bit more parity in CFB this year?

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Brian Kelly's game plan confuses me. They are against a much smaller opponent and he is throwing the ball all over the place.

salz4life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by salz4life » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Nick Chubb has left with a knee injury. I didn't see it happen but the talk afterward on CBS is that it is bad.

Seen a pic and that was enough for me. Gruesome.
"The Pack Leader"

iversonfan14

Post by iversonfan14 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Prosise's 30 yard TD run for ND nullified on a HORRIBLE hold call on Alize Jones

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:06 pm

tombs14 wrote:
Buckeyes1 wrote:I don't know how Illinois fans wouldn't be happy about how things have started. They are 4-2 with a win over Nebraska and played right with undefeated Iowa. The bad thing might be Bill Cubit doing too well and then Illinois hiring him long term.
I'm really happy with the way they have played lately. They were a couple of plays short of winning in Iowa City.

But what is wrong with hiring Bill Cubit for another year? Lunt hasn't improved as much as I would have hoped, but he isn't terrible.
If a new AD isn't hired I would say keep Cubit. If a new AD is hired then ????
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:16 pm

O&B 78 wrote:
tombs14 wrote:

If a new AD isn't hired I would say keep Cubit. If a new AD is hired then ????
No. You don't have a 1 year lame duck. It killed Illinois recruiting to have a lame duck Zook. An interim coach for a season is just saying do not bother recruiting at all. If you can't trust your AD to find a permanent head coach, fire your AD.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32