2017 College Football General season thread

For the civil discussion of college sports
Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Re: 2017 College Football General season thread

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Penn Rape literally chokes the Ohio State receiver, no flag. Even the announcers are acknowledging the heavily blue favored officials.
"I don't like to do jokes about stereotypes, but we all know basketball players don't swim well." - Daniel Tosh

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:55 pm

All this being said the defense is awful. The corners couldn’t cover their shadow. They give up constant 3rd and longs
"I don't like to do jokes about stereotypes, but we all know basketball players don't swim well." - Daniel Tosh

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:03 pm

This game is rigged. That clears it up. Ohio State has two interceptions in the end zone and been cheated out of both. NO WAY that can be overturned. RIGGED. RIGGED. RIGGED. Big Ten doesn't want to take the chance of not having an undefeated champion especially with Notre Dame coming on to steal a playoff spot. I've never seen a more rigged game in my life. Especially for the road team.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:03 pm
This game is rigged. That clears it up. Ohio State has two interceptions in the end zone and been cheated out of both. NO WAY that can be overturned. RIGGED. RIGGED. RIGGED. Big Ten doesn't want to take the chance of not having an undefeated champion especially with Notre Dame coming on to steal a playoff spot. I've never seen a more rigged game in my life. Especially for the road team.
This is exactly why the "you should have made more other plays" argument is stupid. Ohio State made 2 interceptions in the end zone. Those ARE THOSE plays they should have made. The refs rigged this game.

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Final score in Martin, TN: UT-Martin 27 EIU 10

5 EIU turnovers (including 4 INTs by EIU QBs) lead to 17 Skyhawks points which ends up being the difference in this game. After the great effort they showed against Jacksonville State, the Panthers laid an absolute egg in this one.

Panthers drop to 5-4 overall and 4-2 in the OVC. EIU hosts Eastern Kentucky next Saturday at 1PM on Senior Day for the Panther football players.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:34 pm

This has to be the worst coached team in the country. I’m growing more and more tired of Meyer. I’m not hinting he should be fired I’m tired of losing to less talented teams. Saban never lets that happen to Alabama. The discipline and small little things are falling through the cracks more and more each season since the championship year.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Thisreminds me so much of the 05 team. That team lost to champion Texas despite out playing them all game. Then lost to penn rape. That was as talented a team as there was in the country but they found ways to lose. This years team is in the same mold

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:34 pm
This has to be the worst coached team in the country. I’m growing more and more tired of Meyer. I’m not hinting he should be fired I’m tired of losing to less talented teams. Saban never lets that happen to Alabama. The discipline and small little things are falling through the cracks more and more each season since the championship year.
Didn't Saban and Alabama lose to Ole Miss 2 seasons in a row?
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:17 pm

:shock:

:oops:

Cappy
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Cappy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:23 pm

Great game, glad I didn't have a dog in that fight. With Georgia out there kickin *** and taking names, notre dames lone loss is looking better and better. What happens if they run the table and there is a logjam of good one loss teams? Does their hinky no-conference status hurt them? And how about Iowa state? Wow, out of left field in the big12

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Cappy wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:23 pm
Great game, glad I didn't have a dog in that fight. With Georgia out there kickin *** and taking names, notre dames lone loss is looking better and better. What happens if they run the table and there is a logjam of good one loss teams? Does their hinky no-conference status hurt them?
If Notre Dame runs the table, their independent status won't hurt them as they'll have a number of marquee wins. They still have trips to Miami and Stanford that won't be easy but if they win both those games, it'll be tough to keep them out of the top 4 in the CFP rankings. And that could potentially keep not just one but possibly two conference champions out of the playoff.

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:13 pm

Bluejaygrad03 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:01 pm
Cappy wrote:
Great game, glad I didn't have a dog in that fight. With Georgia out there kickin *** and taking names, notre dames lone loss is looking better and better. What happens if they run the table and there is a logjam of good one loss teams? Does their hinky no-conference status hurt them?
If Notre Dame runs the table, their independent status won't hurt them as they'll have a number of marquee wins. They still have trips to Miami and Stanford that won't be easy but if they win both those games, it'll be tough to keep them out of the top 4 in the CFP rankings. And that could potentially keep not just one but possibly two conference champions out of the playoff.
I agree with this. I understand Georgia beat ND, but if Alabama beats them up in the SEC Championship game I see no way the BCS committee would turn around and have Georgia be the # 4 seed to play Alabama again. ND needs to get the Miami win and then see where that puts them in the standings. I am guessing that would put them around 5 with a lot of football left.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
It's based on if you liked or didn't like their music...

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:15 pm

soccerforever wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:13 pm
Bluejaygrad03 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:01 pm
Cappy wrote:
I agree with this. I understand Georgia beat ND, but if Alabama beats them up in the SEC Championship game I see no way the BCS committee would turn around and have Georgia be the # 4 seed to play Alabama again. ND needs to get the Miami win and then see where that puts them in the standings. I am guessing that would put them around 5 with a lot of football left.
The only way that Georgia and Alabama both get in the College Football Playoff is if they both go into the SEC title game undefeated and the game has a close finish. If that happens, then there is a scenario that those two plus Notre Dame get in.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm

Buckeye win will keep Alabama on top of the polls. Pollsters seem to enjoy the upsets on bye week. I think Penn State would have been made #1 had they beat Ohio State.
go cubs go!

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:27 pm

I didn’t get to see THE game and just saw BTN highlights. Lots of people have dogged JT Barrett over the last couple years. Kid must have had a heckuva game today.
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

wolverine55
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster

Post by wolverine55 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:44 am

Glad to see RichRod is having a good year at Arizona...while it did lead to Harbaugh's hire, I've always said he deserved a fourth year at Michigan
18 5 7 7 9 5 19 21 3 11 19 4 9 3 11

salz4life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by salz4life » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:06 am

wolverine55 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:44 am
Glad to see RichRod is having a good year at Arizona...while it did lead to Harbaugh's hire, I've always said he deserved a fourth year at Michigan
Did you watch the 2011 Gator Bowl? The guy got a raw deal, but he had HISTORICALLY BAD defenses. The real problem was Brandon bringing Hoke in next.
"The Pack Leader"

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:58 pm

Final score in OT: EIU 23 Eastern Kentucky 20

Panthers looked to be headed to their third straight loss as Eastern Kentucky scored a rushing TD with 37 seconds left in the game. EIU QB Scotty Gilkey led the Panthers on a TD drive which ended with a TD pass from Gilkey to Austin Hollins with 1.9 seconds remaining. Panther kicker Matt Severino made a 45 yard FG in OT to take the lead and the Panthers clinched the game on an interception by Bradley Dewberry on the first play of Eastern Kentucky's OT possession.

Panthers move to 6-4 and finish their season on Nov. 18th at Austin Peay in a game that will likely decide who finishes 2nd between the two teams in the OVC. And as the previous 5 Panthers wins this season, this was another win by 3 points or less.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:14 pm

Ohio State thinks its on bye week. Gonna get clobbered by Iowa the way it is going. Defense is awful. Barrett has two INTS. The awful targeting rule reared its ugly head. These just can't get out of their own way. Hopefully they wake up at halftime but they are going to be down big and Iowa gets the ball to start.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:21 pm

SAID it last week and they were saved by a miracle. This is the worst coached team in America. Tons of penalties and losing to a team that shouldn’t even be able to sniff their jock strap. The talent level between Iowa and Ohio State is enormous. Meyer should be embarrassed

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:36 pm

I believe there is a good chance the four teams in the initial playoff rankings are there on selection day. The only thing I see changing that is a stumble by Notre Dame at Miami or Stanford.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:03 am

An undefeated Wisconsin is the biggest thing that could cause problems. If you leave out an undefeated power 5 team the whole thing will implode. After watching Ohio State yesterday, I’m not so sure Wisconsin won’t win the Big Ten

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:42 am

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:03 am
An undefeated Wisconsin is the biggest thing that could cause problems. If you leave out an undefeated power 5 team the whole thing will implode. After watching Ohio State yesterday, I’m not so sure Wisconsin won’t win the Big Ten
I believe the Buckeyes run the table and knock Wisconsin out of playoff contention. I am not sold on the Badgers a bit.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:21 pm

I understand that Illinois has very little talent and whatever talent they have is generally young. So I do not blame Lovie Smith for that. I do, however, have a serious problem with how undisciplined this team is. Because of this I am having serious doubt about Smith’s ability to get this thing turned around. I do not buy into the notion that younger players stop making stupid mistakes as they progress. A dumb freshmen eventually becomes a dumb senior.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:36 pm

New candidate for worst targeting call of the year. The Ohio State player hits the quarterback under the shoulder pads with his hands. Literally no head contact at all. It was a late hit but in no way shape or form targeting. This has got to be fixed at some point. It’s embarrassing to football and costs a team too much