Butch Jones

For the civil discussion of college sports
GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Butch Jones

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Rumor has it buyout is in the works. After today's shenanigans I'd hafta think it will be sooner than later. He's lost control, or least that's what they'll say.

https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... an-gaulden
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Butch Jones

Post by deejay » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:47 pm

Flipping off the crowd after his teammate just scored was really just plain stupidity. But it might be the icing on the cake as far as Butch Jones is concerned.
go cubs go!

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:20 pm

A Michigan player did the same thing Saturday in their blowout loss to Penn State. Does this mean Harbaugh lost control of the program, and he should be fired too?
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Butch Jones is no Jim Harbaugh!!!
go cubs go!

Cappy
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Cappy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:28 pm

My colleague from Tennessee Told me UT is still paying pat summit's son and Bruce pearl, both former coaches. That gets to be an expensive habit and it is taxpayer money, to boot. Their fans are insane and delusional, but nowhere in the league of Nebraska 's. It's almost sad for those people. Some guy named dirk chaterlain wrote a coldly truthful column in the Omaha world herald the other day called "you can't put lipstick on a pigskin" that is worth reading. It was like an open letter to the citizens of Nebraska, saying, more or less, "it's over, people. Deal with it" Tennessee folks are much the same way.

UT Vols
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by UT Vols » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Tennessee currently owes no former coach any money.

Bruce Pearls "buyout" was less than 1 mil at the time but it wasn't relevant because Bruce wasn't actually under any contract due to the investigation at the time. He was working without a contract.

Pat Summitt's son Tyler receives money thru Pat's estate, but nothing comes from the university.

Derek Dooley was the last coach UT had to pay, and that ended about a year ago.
It's Football Time In Tennessee!!

UT Vols
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by UT Vols » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:36 pm

And although we are a rabid fan base, don't let the words of couple thousand represent all of us. 100k routinely attend games to support the Vols. But it has been frustrating to say the least. Butch was the right guy at time. Dooley left the place in shambles. Butch resurrected as much as he could, but it's obvious he is not the one to push the program over the hill. He's a good guy. Have spoken with him a couple times and he wants nothing but success for UT, not just in football.

I expect John Currie to spend some money on this next hire...I do think it should be sooner than later. Pieces of the top 5 ranked recruiting class are leaving. Need someone to keep it together and strengthen it too

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:41 am

Cappy wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:28 pm
My colleague from Tennessee Told me UT is still paying pat summit's son and Bruce pearl, both former coaches. That gets to be an expensive habit and it is taxpayer money, to boot. Their fans are insane and delusional, but nowhere in the league of Nebraska 's. It's almost sad for those people. Some guy named dirk chaterlain wrote a coldly truthful column in the Omaha world herald the other day called "you can't put lipstick on a pigskin" that is worth reading. It was like an open letter to the citizens of Nebraska, saying, more or less, "it's over, people. Deal with it" Tennessee folks are much the same way.
Not sure what you mean or he means by " its over." So these institutions that have had and experienced rather high levels of success should just give up...that they can never get back to those levels. :?

Sorry if that's NOT what is being said......
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

Cappy

Post by Cappy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:52 am

Could happen, I'm just not holding my breath, especially since steroids can no longer be used with impunity

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Guys on College Game Day said that once he didn’t dismiss #7 from the team after the Alabama incident, he had lost the respect of players and fans.
go cubs go!

UT Vols
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by UT Vols » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:04 am

Just another opinion. So, this is the very first incident in college football history where a kid makes a gesture toward opposing fans, and doesn't get kicked off the team? It was dumb, I get it, but come on.

Cappy

Post by Cappy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:25 am

Butch is hanging on longer than Leonardo di Caprio hung onto that deck chair in Titanic. Like everyone else in the theater, I just wanted to scream "just die already!" The coaching profession is cruel and it is getting hard to watch him twisting in the wind. I didn't mean to cast aspersions on all of Vol nation. My perception of Vol nation is formed by one guy, my co worker, and reading yahoo linked stories on rockytoptalk.com I was talking more about the Huskers and their faded glory, really. Tennessee and Nebraska could both come back but both will be hard roads. Just hope they don't make a panic hire like LSU. Or Nebraska, for that matter. They just sought the anti bo pellini. A pr disaster, but good for 9-4 every year. Hey, the illini would take that. Beckman would still be there if he got nine wins

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:58 pm

He has lasted longer than the Florida Gator Coach!
go cubs go!

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:52 pm

deejay wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:58 pm
Well the Gator coach agreed to leave in part because his family was getting death threats. Let's hope that doesn't give Tennessee fans any ideas.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:52 pm
deejay wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:58 pm
Well the Gator coach agreed to leave in part because his family was getting death threats. Let's hope that doesn't give Tennessee fans any ideas.
That’s awful.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:57 pm

If I'm Lovie Smith I'm calling Jon Gruden and letting him know I'd love to be his D-Coord. at Tennessee. Heck, if I were him I'd call any coach that got the job and tell 'em that.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Lovie has a 6-year contract as a head coach.

If hired Gruden will have Tennessee on probation in 4 or 5 weeks ... per Jon Gruden.

:roll :roll

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 431165/Amp
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

MissouriValleyUnite

Post by MissouriValleyUnite » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Butch walks out a Champion of Life.

salz4life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by salz4life » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Even if it's only a few weeks...... I'm chuckling at Brady Hoke, head football coach at the University of Tennessee. :D
"The Pack Leader"

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:45 pm

salz4life wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:20 pm
Even if it's only a few weeks...... I'm chuckling at Brady Hoke, head football coach at the University of Tennessee. :D
No better time than the present to put him back as your avatar.