For the civil discussion of college sports
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

EIU FB picked to finish 5th by OVC media, 4th by coaches

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:50 pm

https://eiupanthers.com/news/2018/7/22/ ... -team.aspx

https://eiupanthers.com/news/2018/7/20/ ... -poll.aspx

On Friday, the Ohio Valley Conference released its preseason predicted order of finish as voted on by the media members who cover the conference. Defending league champion Jacksonville State received 14 of 15 first-place votes as the Gamecocks were picked first in the poll. Austin Peay picked up the remaining first-place vote and was second in the poll. UT Martin and Tennessee State were third and fourth followed by Eastern Illinois in fifth. Eastern Kentucky, Murray State, Southeast Missouri and Tennessee Tech rounded out the poll.

The media members also selected a preseason offensive and defensive player of the year. Quarterback Jeremiah Oatsvall of Austin Peay was the preseason offensive player of the year. Defensive back Marlon Bridges of Jacksonville State was the preseason defensive player of the year.

On Monday, the Ohio Valley Conference football media day took place in Nashville, Tenn., with coaches and players taking part in in-person interviews. The media day also included the unveiling of the OVC preseason predicted order of finish and All-OVC teams. In the preseason poll defending league champion Jacksonville State was picked first receiving 14 of the 18 first-place votes. Austin Peay was voted second with the other four first-place votes. UT Martin was picked third followed by Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Tennessee State, Southeast Missouri, Murray State and Tennessee Tech.

WR Alexander Hollins, RB Isaiah Johnson and DB Mark Williams were all named to the preseason all-OVC team.

Hollins was an All-OVC Newcomer selection last season at wide receiver hauling in 47 catches for 694 yards and seven touchdowns. Hollins ranked fourth in the OVC last season in both receiving yards and touchdown catches.

Johnson was a second team All-OVC selection last season at running back rushing for 683 yards and five touchdowns. Johnson ranked fourth in the league in rushing yards.

Williams was a freshman All-American last season at defensive back finishing the season with 49 tackles, three interceptions and 11 pass break-ups. He was on the watch list for the Jerry Rice Award presented to the nation's top FCS Freshman.

The coaches selected running back Marquis Terry from Southeast Missouri as the preseason OVC Offensive Player of the Year while defensive back Marlon Bridges from Jacksonville State was the preseason OVC Defensive Player of the Year.

quince
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Re: EIU FB picked to finish 5th by OVC media, 4th by coaches

Post by quince » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:57 pm

Oh my goodness. This information is...

Not interesting.

I am glad to know that Jeremiah Oatsvall is alive. I mean, wow. The qb from Austin Peay is very interesting to hear about on this board. Thank god.

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Re: EIU FB picked to finish 5th by OVC media, 4th by coaches

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:41 pm

quince wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:57 pm
Oh my goodness. This information is...

Not interesting.

I am glad to know that Jeremiah Oatsvall is alive. I mean, wow. The qb from Austin Peay is very interesting to hear about on this board. Thank god.
You do know you can not reply to these posts, right? Ya know as in simply ignore them.