Urban Meyer

For the civil discussion of college sports
User avatar
JD
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:59 pm
Location: Heartland

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by JD » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:21 am

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:15 am
So Urban Meyer should have been fired for not firing an assistant coach who wasn't charged fast enough? What would fast enough have been for everyone, when the first allegation was made?

It is a very dangerous slippery slope to fire a coach, drop an athlete, etc. based solely on an unconfirmed allegation particularly when there isn't enough evidence to support a criminal charge. Title IX has become a kangaroo court at many universities where the accused is denied due process, and colleges are starting to get in legal trouble for going too far as the number of proven false accusations are growing.
I don't think he had to be fired. I also think his biggest problem is that he is obviously a serial liar. He didn't have a problem with a coach who routinely did odd, unethical, or maybe sometimes illegal things. Ok. He's not the only one. But why lie at media day to an easy question?

Whose first response to any issue is, "How do I get rid of old text messages?" That should tell you all you need to know.
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

User avatar
illini25
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 7711
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:09 am
Location: Rikers Island

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by illini25 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:47 am

JD wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:21 am
Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:15 am
So Urban Meyer should have been fired for not firing an assistant coach who wasn't charged fast enough? What would fast enough have been for everyone, when the first allegation was made?

It is a very dangerous slippery slope to fire a coach, drop an athlete, etc. based solely on an unconfirmed allegation particularly when there isn't enough evidence to support a criminal charge. Title IX has become a kangaroo court at many universities where the accused is denied due process, and colleges are starting to get in legal trouble for going too far as the number of proven false accusations are growing.
I don't think he had to be fired. I also think his biggest problem is that he is obviously a serial liar. He didn't have a problem with a coach who routinely did odd, unethical, or maybe sometimes illegal things. Ok. He's not the only one. But why lie at media day to an easy question?

Whose first response to any issue is, "How do I get rid of old text messages?" That should tell you all you need to know.
It is telling that a Meyer inquired on August 1 about how to eliminate text messages > 1 year.
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

User avatar
Bballnut
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by Bballnut » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:29 pm

I have to believe this is going to be a very long year for Urban. The media is not going to let this go away. He's gonna be asking himself..."do I need this"?
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

User avatar
illini25
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 7711
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:09 am
Location: Rikers Island

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by illini25 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Bballnut wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:29 pm
I have to believe this is going to be a very long year for Urban. The media is not going to let this go away. He's gonna be asking himself..."do I need this"?
A repeat of the Florida medical issues that resulted in time away?
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

User avatar
GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World
Posts: 3109
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:22 pm

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:16 pm

oftenrunning52 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:28 am
Smith was spending university money at strip clubs, charging personal things on university credit cards, having offensive things sent to the office, sleeping with the secretary and filming it, and so on.
Some guys have all the luck!!! :lol:
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6336
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:18 am

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ice-report

Courtney Smith now claims she would have never said that OSU sent an attorney to her house asking her to drop claims against her estranged husband because it would embarrass OSU football despite what she claimed in the police report at the time.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

User avatar
illini25
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 7711
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:09 am
Location: Rikers Island

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by illini25 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:47 am

Latest interview doesn’t help Meyer’s image. He should stay away from talking about it.

https://deadspin.com/urban-meyer-digs-t ... 1829110249
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

User avatar
JD
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:59 pm
Location: Heartland

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by JD » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:45 am

Someone said yesterday, it was a correction to his amended statement of his correction to an amended statement, of his completely made up, amnesia cover-up.

Man this guy is a terrible liar.
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

User avatar
Bballnut
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by Bballnut » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:42 am

JD wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:45 am
Someone said yesterday, it was a correction to his amended statement of his correction to an amended statement, of his completely made up, amnesia cover-up.

Man this guy is a terrible liar.
He'll get a standing ovation at the 'shoe' this weekend. He wins. If his W-L record was worse, he be gone. It's just not an OSU thing.
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

User avatar
JD
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:59 pm
Location: Heartland

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by JD » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:25 am

Bballnut wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:42 am
JD wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:45 am
Someone said yesterday, it was a correction to his amended statement of his correction to an amended statement, of his completely made up, amnesia cover-up.

Man this guy is a terrible liar.
He'll get a standing ovation at the 'shoe' this weekend. He wins. If his W-L record was worse, he be gone. It's just not an OSU thing.
I agree. It's just kind of stunning that no one there can get him to shut up. Or that he doesn't have a PR machine telling him what to say.
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests