College Football Week 2

For the civil discussion of college sports
Post Reply
User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 13284
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

College Football Week 2

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:17 am

Among the games this week we have include Georgia-South Carolina, Clemson-Texas A&M, and USC-Stanford.

With the in-state schools today, you have WIU at Illinois, EIU at ISU, SIU at Ole Miss, and Utah at NIU.

User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 13284
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

Re: College Football Week 2

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:30 pm

Another year, another MAC team upsetting a Power 5 team on the road. This time it was Eastern Michigan winning 20-19 at Purdue.

One of the Indy sports radio guys I follow on Twitter said there's a legitimate chance that the Boilermakers could start the season 0-5 and that's before they even have to play Ohio State, Wisconsin, or Michigan State.

User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 13284
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

Re: College Football Week 2

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Potential long time losing streak may be close to being broken. Kentucky is leading at Florida 21-16 with about 2 minutes to go. The Wildcats have lost 31 straight games to the Gators.

User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 13284
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

Re: College Football Week 2

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:09 pm

Final score in the 107th Mid-America Classic: ISU 48 EIU 10

EIU hosts Indiana State in the Panthers home opener next Saturday night. Illinois State is off next week.

User avatar
GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World
Posts: 3109
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:22 pm

Re: College Football Week 2

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:11 pm

Bluejaygrad03 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:30 pm
Another year, another MAC team upsetting a Power 5 team on the road. This time it was Eastern Michigan winning 20-19 at Purdue.

Feel bad for Purdue fans. Expectations were high.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 13284
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

Re: College Football Week 2

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:12 pm

Final score in Gainesville: Kentucky 27 Florida 16

Kentucky breaks the streak. First win vs. Florida for UK since November 15, 1986. It had been so long that Steve Spurrier hadn't coached a game at Florida when Kentucky won against the Gators the last time.

Cappy
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Re: College Football Week 2

Post by Cappy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:24 am

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:11 pm
Bluejaygrad03 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:30 pm
Another year, another MAC team upsetting a Power 5 team on the road. This time it was Eastern Michigan winning 20-19 at Purdue.

Feel bad for Purdue fans. Expectations were high.
Excessive celebration call was bogus, just bogus. A legitimately stupid penalty cut their throat, but that excessive celebration penalty was just awful.

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6336
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: College Football Week 2

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:13 am

Went to Illinois game. Their biggest problem at the moment is they play stupid. Stupid penalties and mental lapses on both sides of the ball prolonged / stalled drives. They could have won that game 60 -7 particularly once Rivers was in if they simply played smarter. They have the talent to win some B1G games and maybe even go near .500 if they play smarter.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

User avatar
tombs14
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:21 pm
Location: Peoria County

Re: College Football Week 2

Post by tombs14 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:13 am
Went to Illinois game. Their biggest problem at the moment is they play stupid. Stupid penalties and mental lapses on both sides of the ball prolonged / stalled drives. They could have won that game 60 -7 particularly once Rivers was in if they simply played smarter. They have the talent to win some B1G games and maybe even go near .500 if they play smarter.
This has been the same story for the past 10+ years. It extends into the basketball team too.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests