All World
All World

Re: I Don't Have A Warm Fuzzy Feeling II

Post by GoBirdsGo II »

illini25 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:02 pm
My mistake ... 38
It wasn't that close.

That was a good 'ol fashioned take out behind the woodshed @$$ whooping. Quite an embarrassing showing for my beloved Irish. So much for our really good bowl game.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

iversonfan14
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)

Post by iversonfan14 »

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:31 am
illini25 wrote:
My mistake ... 38
It wasn't that close.

That was a good 'ol fashioned take out behind the woodshed @$$ whooping. Quite an embarrassing showing for my beloved Irish. So much for our really good bowl game.
ND definitely got pounded. Michigan played the best defense against Book, stack the box and jump short routes (because Book refuses to throw down field). Stacking the box eliminated the run game and they spied on Book with a fast LB because at the first sign of trouble Book tries to run. The Michigan players didn’t respect Book’s ability to pass down field. Amazing that Book thought he could go pro after last season and was dead set to go pro after this season. ND’s defense is what surprised me. Don’t know what was going on with them yesterday. They did a very good job vs Georgia yet struggled with a mediocre at best offense in Michigan

There is no reason ND shouldn’t go 10-2 and they will definitely get in a big bowl game if they do. As I said before the season, ND is somewhere between the 8th and 14th best team in the nation

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
illini25 wrote:
My mistake ... 38
It wasn't that close.

Bowl will still be a good one as there shouldn’t be a loss remaining on that schedule.
Peace, Love & Loud Guitars

iversonfan14

Post by iversonfan14 »

illini25 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:12 am
GoBirdsGo II wrote:
illini25 wrote:
My mistake ... 38
It wasn't that close.

Bowl will still be a good one as there shouldn’t be a loss remaining on that schedule.
Exactly

Cappy
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Cappy »

ND’s defense is what surprised me. Don’t know what was going on with them yesterday. They did a very good job vs Georgia yet struggled with a mediocre at best offense in Michigan

I think you're **** your boys with faint praise for Michigan. God help the Irish if they ever meet a good offense.

iversonfan14

Post by iversonfan14 »

Cappy wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:39 pm
ND’s defense is what surprised me. Don’t know what was going on with them yesterday. They did a very good job vs Georgia yet struggled with a mediocre at best offense in Michigan

I think you're **** your boys with faint praise for Michigan. God help the Irish if they ever meet a good offense.
Georgia’s offense isn’t good? It’s ranked 21st overall and half of the teams ahead of them are garbage teams like Louisiana. So Georgia is a top 10 offense essentially. It’s a ton better than Michigan and ND’s defense looked very good vs Georgia. It did not against Michigan. ND played a bad game, it happens sometimes. Oklahoma played a bad game vs Kansas State yesterday. The Irish got behind and they flat out crumbled. Michigan’s defense is tough and they exposed ND’s weaknesses on offense. But let’s not act like Michigan is world beaters all the sudden. Their offense is still garbage and Ohio State will destroy them like they did last year.

Also you are acting like I somewhere said ND is an elite team. Again they are somewhere between the 8th-14th best team in the nation. It’s tough to be elite when your QB can’t pass the ball down the field.

Cappy

Post by Cappy »

What bugs me about you is your liberal criticism of everybody but ND. Give K-State a little credit, already. New coach, new system, following a legend and he's doing what the fans at Nebraska and Tennessee can only dream about-----going in the right direction. Loved watching the Irish being humiliated on the big stage by a rep from the Philistine B1G.

iversonfan14

Post by iversonfan14 »

Cappy wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:10 pm
What bugs me about you is your liberal criticism of everybody but ND. Give K-State a little credit, already. New coach, new system, following a legend and he's doing what the fans at Nebraska and Tennessee can only dream about-----going in the right direction. Loved watching the Irish being humiliated on the big stage by a rep from the Philistine B1G.
I criticize ND plenty. They have a MAC caliber QB that runs at the first sign of pressure and throws off his back foot. Their RB who was supposed to be the focal point of the offense can’t get/stay healthy and will likely end up as wasted potential. They lack true playmakers on offense outside of Claypool. WR #2 literally quit on the team Friday night and decided to transfer instead of play one more game with his brothers. Wide receiver 3 is a walk on that should actually be getting 5 snaps at most a game. On defense their 3 captains that were supposed to be high NFL draft picks are all greatly underachieving this season and are killing their draft stock and their best DB typically gets flagged 2-3 times a game.

The biggest thing that has hurt the Irish was All American DB Julian Love going pro early just to sit the bench in the NFL and Todd Lyght struggling to close on a plethora of talented DBs. He will be losing his job after the season because of it

Cappy

Post by Cappy »

Iverson fan I apologize for yanking your chain. I'm a big ten fan and actually happy for harbaugh. That's all.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Caught a bit of a college football show suggesting notre dame buyout Kelly and hire Urban Meyer.
Peace, Love & Loud Guitars

iversonfan14

Post by iversonfan14 »

illini25 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:46 pm
Caught a bit of a college football show suggesting notre dame buyout Kelly and hire Urban Meyer.
I saw Finebaum say that and I take every thing he says with a grain of salt.

Three things I had heard prior to the Michigan game:

1. Urban Meyer will never get hired at ND under the current administration

2. Brian Kelly is in the process of building a new house somewhere around ND

3. The school is working on another extension with him

Obviously things can change but that was all happening prior to the Michigan game

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Ohio State is a better job than Notre Dame. It would make no sense to quit Ohio State and then go to Notre Dame after an off year.

Even if he decided to coach next year, there would likely be better jobs than Notre Dame he could get.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

TheRoller

Post by TheRoller »

iversonfan14 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:48 am
illini25 wrote:
Finebaum is the same guy who has repeatedly vilified Meyer during all the controversies at UF and tOSU. He is on record stating he is not surprised at the issues those schools had with Urban at the helm saying, "This is who he is, he is not a good person". To suggest ND hire the guy after saying that is pretty duplicitous.

I love all the REPLACE KELLY hysteria. A quick look at his record at ND shows he came into 2019 with a record of 80-35. The Irish have made a bowl game 8 of 9 years with a 4-4 record, an appearance in the 2012 BCS title game and last year's CFP. Yes they had to forfeit wins from 2012 and 2013 but as far as I can tell BK was not implicated in that. The guy is averaging 9 wins a season getting his team in position to have a shot at a national title every 4 years at a place that is no longer THE program every high school kid wants to play for. What else does he need to do?????
Officially recognized as the "Smartest Poster on the Boards"

Tell me what you KNOW, not what you've heard.

wolverine55
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster

Post by wolverine55 »

Honestly, there's no reason to take anything Paul Finebaum says seriously. It baffles me he's such a "name" amongst the media contingent.
Not that I know of...

iversonfan14

Post by iversonfan14 »

TheRoller wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:53 pm
iversonfan14 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:48 am
illini25 wrote:
Finebaum is the same guy who has repeatedly vilified Meyer during all the controversies at UF and tOSU. He is on record stating he is not surprised at the issues those schools had with Urban at the helm saying, "This is who he is, he is not a good person". To suggest ND hire the guy after saying that is pretty duplicitous.

I love all the REPLACE KELLY hysteria. A quick look at his record at ND shows he came into 2019 with a record of 80-35. The Irish have made a bowl game 8 of 9 years with a 4-4 record, an appearance in the 2012 BCS title game and last year's CFP. Yes they had to forfeit wins from 2012 and 2013 but as far as I can tell BK was not implicated in that. The guy is averaging 9 wins a season getting his team in position to have a shot at a national title every 4 years at a place that is no longer THE program every high school kid wants to play for. What else does he need to do?????
Couldn’t agree more with everything you said. The sad part is that it’s half of the fan base saying that because they are so stuck in ND’s success in the past and they oddly believe college football is the same now as it was.

To the poster referring to why would Urban leave Ohio state for ND. Well there was a lot of pressure on him about the Zach Smith stuff so I feel like it wasn’t completely his choice to leave. Also he had always said coaching at ND is his dream job. Then to add on that, if he won National Championships at Florida, Ohio State and finished his career by winning one at ND...that’s quite the legacy.

Regardless though there is zero chance that I ever want Urban at ND. I hope that day never comes and sounds like with the current administration that it never will. If Brian Kelly did leave, I would want to ND to look at Matt Rhule or Matt Campbell

tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

Having troubles with an unranked VT at home.

iversonfan14

Post by iversonfan14 »

Horrible showing today but Notre Dame extends their home winning streak to 16 games

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II »

iversonfan14 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:20 pm
Horrible showing today but Notre Dame extends their home winning streak to 16 games
Glad for the win, but, is it conceited of me to think a game at home against Virginia Tech shouldn't be that close???
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

iversonfan14

Post by iversonfan14 »

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:03 pm
iversonfan14 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:20 pm
Glad for the win, but, is it conceited of me to think a game at home against Virginia Tech shouldn't be that close???
Oh that was definitely a bad Va Tech team despite what their record says. Ian Book is having some major issues as of late. Not sure if it’s all on him or a mixture of him and Chip Long’s playcalling. I can say that many times this season Book hasn’t seen open receivers and runs at the first sign of problem. The bigger problem is that the QB situation likely won’t be fixed next year either. Their QB of the future is currently a jr in high school...definitely not ideal.

Jafar Armstrong fumbling on the 1 and Va Tech taking it back 99 yards for a TD right before halftime completely shifted momentum. If the Irish get in the end zone on that play the game is over at half. The Tech offense was complete garbage