B1G Bowls Thread

For the civil discussion of college sports
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

B1G Bowls Thread

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Here is the list of bowls that B1G teams will be involved in (all times Central):

-New Era Pinstripe Bowl (Dec. 27th, 2:20 PM, ESPN): Michigan State vs. Wake Forest
-San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl (Dec. 27th, 7:00 PM, FS1): USC vs. Iowa
-Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic (Dec. 28th, 11:00 AM, ESPN): Penn State vs. Memphis
-College Football Playoff Semifinal at the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl (Dec. 28th, 7:00 PM, ESPN): #2 Ohio State vs. #3 Clemson
-Redbox Bowl (Dec. 30th, 3:00 PM, FOX): Cal vs. Illinois
-Vrbo Citrus Bowl (Jan. 1st, Noon, ABC): Michigan vs. Alabama
-Outback Bowl (Jan. 1st, Noon, ESPN): Minnesota vs. Auburn
-Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual (Jan. 1st, 4:00 PM, ESPN): Oregon vs. Wisconsin
-TaxSlayer Gator Bowl (Jan. 2nd, 6:00 PM, ESPN): Indiana vs. Tennessee

Thoughts? Predictions?

Cappy
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Re: B1G Bowls Thread

Post by Cappy »

I hope minny gives auburn more of a game than Purdue did last year. Honestly I don't see any lead pipe cinches in there. All tough games. Heck even Tennessee seems to have toughened up. I'll take Ohio state, Penn state and Indiana. The rest losses for the big ten, though Iowa may surprise. Okay I'll take Iowa too.

Cappy

Post by Cappy »

Nice to see two big ten wins and real nice to see the Hawkeyes dominate. Lord knows I spent many a disconsolate new year watching USC whip the big ten champ, usually Ohio state or Michigan. If that USC team beat Oregon, I'm now liking the Badgers chances in the rose bowl. the big boy from Alton espeneza co-mvp

Cappy

Post by Cappy »

Edwardsville, not Alton . He is a dude.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Cappy wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:23 pm
Nice to see two big ten wins and real nice to see the Hawkeyes dominate. Lord knows I spent many a disconsolate new year watching USC whip the big ten champ, usually Ohio state or Michigan. If that USC team beat Oregon, I'm now liking the Badgers chances in the rose bowl. the big boy from Alton espeneza co-mvp
USC beat Utah not Oregon
"I don't like to do jokes about stereotypes, but we all know basketball players don't swim well." - Daniel Tosh

Cappy

Post by Cappy »

Thanks, Buckeyes. Is your team in a bowl this holiday season?

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Clemson tackles an Ohio State receiver on 3rd down. No flag forcing the FG.

After they required replay to get the Wilson catch right.

Decision to throw on first and goal was dumb
"I don't like to do jokes about stereotypes, but we all know basketball players don't swim well." - Daniel Tosh

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Dobbins!!!!!

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

The Ohio State defense is playing angry. They are hitting hard every play

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Fields over threw the first TD to Dobbins and then Dobbins drops another.

Should be 24-0 right now

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Refs trying to save this one. Absolutely no way is that targeting. Complete bull crap

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Sissy boy Lawrence lowers his head and that is Wade’s fault? But this game certainly isn’t rigged

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:40 pm
Refs trying to save this one. Absolutely no way is that targeting. Complete bull crap
I hate the rule but it was targeting according to the rule. The Oklahoma player earlier was 100% targeting and should of been tossed. I get the penalty on the Ohio St player but no way he should be kicked out. I still think Ohio St wins the game. Clemson seems to have very few plays that are working. Of course Clemson scores on bad tackling.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
It's based on if you liked or didn't like their music...

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Cant have golden boy yabba dabba dabo get embarrassed.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

soccerforever wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:44 pm
Buckeyes1 wrote:
I hate the rule but it was targeting according to the rule. The Oklahoma player earlier was 100% targeting and should of been tossed. I get the penalty on the Ohio St player but no way he should be kicked out. I still think Ohio St wins the game. Clemson seems to have very few plays that are working. Of course Clemson scores on bad tackling.
No it wasn’t. Wade went low to hit him and sissy boy lowered his head. This is the refs trying to save a second blow out on tv.

Hill gets shoved in the back on a sire TD. No call. Riep does hand fighting with ross. Pass interference

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:47 pm
soccerforever wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:44 pm
Buckeyes1 wrote:
No it wasn’t. Wade went low to hit him and sissy boy lowered his head. This is the refs trying to save a second blow out on tv.

Hill gets shoved in the back on a sire TD. No call. Riep does hand fighting with ross. Pass interference
At least your always consistent on your posts. The refs are always out to get your teams.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Clemson was punting the ball down 16-0 when the refs completely changed the game. But no they definitely don’t affect the game at all. Lawrence fakes an injury to get the attention of the refs. They buy hook like and sinker.

Smik
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Smik »

Karma is gonna get you for name calling college kids.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

I have no idea how to post a picture from my phone but there is a great one of Chase Young getting his helmet ripped off his head on the “targeting” call. But yes it has been an evenly reffed game in which they have not affected the outcome at all :roll:

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

I’ll ask this too, if that was targeting because it was just such a vicious hit to the head that he had to stay down injured.....how does he come in after missing just one play. This is about safety right? So you’re telling me that Lawrence passes concussion protocol in one play? I would just hate for Lawrence to be playing with a concussion. It could affect the rest of his life......

This is completely sarcastic by the way accept for the main question. There is no way Lawrence passes concussion protocol

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:06 pm
I have no idea how to post a picture from my phone but there is a great one of Chase Young getting his helmet ripped off his head on the “targeting” call. But yes it has been an evenly reffed game in which they have not affected the outcome at all :roll:
Hasn’t Ohio St settling for 3 field goals also affected the game. I hate how the targeting rule has affected college football but it was the right call. I have no team I’m cheering for in this game so I don’t have to see things one sided.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus

Cappy

Post by Cappy »

I agree it didn't warrant ejection. They need a rule tweak bad.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

soccerforever wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:17 pm
Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:06 pm
Hasn’t Ohio St settling for 3 field goals also affected the game. I hate how the targeting rule has affected college football but it was the right call. I have no team I’m cheering for in this game so I don’t have to see things one sided.
I have already stated the field goals were bad.

Explain to me how a 6’0” cornerback hits a 6’6” quarterback in the head when that cornerback is hunched over? Don’t dodge the question please. Not trying to sound hostile. I would love an explanation that isn’t “the quarterback ducked his head down into the cornerback?”

Smik
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Smik »

The use of the “crown” of the helmet seems to be a major reason for the call.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Dobbins is done. Goes down with no contact.

Offense blew it kicking 3 field goals. They left it in the refs hands and they are all in for clemson.