B1G Bowls Thread

For the civil discussion of college sports
Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Re: B1G Bowls Thread

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Horrible play by Brown. Ran right into him
"I don't like to do jokes about stereotypes, but we all know basketball players don't swim well." - Daniel Tosh

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

And now Okudah is hurt. If he is done this game is over
"I don't like to do jokes about stereotypes, but we all know basketball players don't swim well." - Daniel Tosh

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Game over

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Wasted time out now. Day is struggling with the play calling now. Running game is gone. Ohio State can’t win throwing the ball 40 times

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

If that is over turned then this game is rigged and there is nothing that can be said to change that fact

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Ohio State should walk off the field. Rigged

tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

I don't understand what a "football move" is. Seems like a copout.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

tombs14 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:04 pm
I believe it is defined like this “ESPN owns the ACC and SEC and would like them to both be in the championship”

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:07 pm
tombs14 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:04 pm
I believe it is defined like this “ESPN owns the ACC and SEC and would like them to both be in the championship”
Dude took 2 steps, pulled the ball into his body. It was a fumble. If that happened in the end zone it would have been called a TD. That is a fact.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

No way for the refs to take that one away. Olave puts Ohio State up 23-21. Should have gone for 2. Not sure the logic in not

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

So the flags do work both ways

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Not going for 2 might be a season ending decision

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

It's all on Fields.

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Ryan Day better call out the horse**** officiating. The better team is done because of two just atrocious calls. They had a chance to win at the end but the game was over long before there if it wasn’t for the zebras.

wolverine55
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster

Post by wolverine55 »

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:06 pm
I have no idea how to post a picture from my phone but there is a great one of Chase Young getting his helmet ripped off his head on the “targeting” call. But yes it has been an evenly reffed game in which they have not affected the outcome at all :roll:
It's got to be frustrating being a fan of a team the refs @@@@@ every single week...
Not that I know of...

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

My final thought on all of this. Ohio State should have put the game away in the first half with TD’s. Dobbins doesn’t drop two passes at bad times and the game was over.

That said they still should have won. A play is not supposed to be reversed by replay without indisputable evidence. They had that on the first Dobbins drop. The Wade targeting was not indisputable. The fumble should have been confirmed. Both calls were reversed. That’s what gives the feel of a fixed game. When the invisible man in the replay booth doesn’t follow protocol it is a bad look.

And then Ohio State still has a chance but Olave quit his route on a play that a dump off to Dobbins gets at least 10 yards.

So yes Ohio State has chances to win it anyway. But if the game officiated properly in the replay booth then they win going away. The better team lost. That game will sting for a long time because this Ohio State would have been an all time great and they got robbed of that opportunity

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II »

DISCLAIMER: I despise Ohio St. Football.

That being said, wow, did they ever get bent by the officials and replay booth. Minimum 5 ridiculous calls. That SEC crew and the replay officials need to be reviewed.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

iversonfan14
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)

Post by iversonfan14 »

I mean if you really want to be technical about college football being rigged, Fields should have had to sit this year out so I don’t feel the slightest bit bad for Ohio State. I personally thought the targeting and the incompletion were the right call but I could also see the incompletion going the other way too. In the end, Ohio state punted instead of trying to put the game away, were embarrassed on Clemson’s final drive then threw an interception on their final drive. 3 chances to win the game and didn’t convert on any of them

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

wolverine55 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:37 am
Buckeyes1 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:06 pm
I have no idea how to post a picture from my phone but there is a great one of Chase Young getting his helmet ripped off his head on the “targeting” call. But yes it has been an evenly reffed game in which they have not affected the outcome at all :roll:
It's got to be frustrating being a fan of a team the refs @@@@@ every single week...
:lol:
POTD
Peace, Love & Loud Guitars

wolverine55
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster

Post by wolverine55 »

iversonfan14 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:27 am
I mean if you really want to be technical about college football being rigged, Fields should have had to sit this year out so I don’t feel the slightest bit bad for Ohio State. I personally thought the targeting and the incompletion were the right call but I could also see the incompletion going the other way too. In the end, Ohio state punted instead of trying to put the game away, were embarrassed on Clemson’s final drive then threw an interception on their final drive. 3 chances to win the game and didn’t convert on any of them
I will fully admit that for both personal and professional reasons, I did not watch as much college football this year as I have in the past. However, I honestly can't think of a situation where that targeting call would not have been made and upheld. I do think they've tried to clean it up a bit where if the offensive player lowers his head they reverse it, but I thought this one was a no doubter. The incompletion call was tough either way.
Not that I know of...

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

I think Ohio State vs. LSU would be a better game.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

iversonfan14

Post by iversonfan14 »

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:26 pm
Just curious why? Clemson has one of the best defensive coordinators in the nation. Really curious to see his scheme vs Burrow

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

iversonfan14 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:44 pm
Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:26 pm
Just curious why? Clemson has one of the best defensive coordinators in the nation. Really curious to see his scheme vs Burrow
OSU pass rush is better to pressure Burrow. They are also slightly better in the run game.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Burrow is going to light up the Clemson secondary. They have absolutely no pass rush and Terrell is their only quality corner. Fields threw for over 300 for only the second time in his career. Burrow is going to put up 400-500. It’s all going to come down to if the LSU defense can slow down Clemson’s offense.

iversonfan14

Post by iversonfan14 »

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:12 am
Burrow is going to light up the Clemson secondary. They have absolutely no pass rush and Terrell is their only quality corner. Fields threw for over 300 for only the second time in his career. Burrow is going to put up 400-500. It’s all going to come down to if the LSU defense can slow down Clemson’s offense.
Definitely would not bet against the best defensive coordinator in college football. Venables will have his guys ready