Local News Weather and Sports Weekend

For the civil discussion of high school sports.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Local News Weather and Sports Weekend

Post by deejay » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:44 pm

Ok , not sure where this goes on forum, but needs to be said. After listening to one of the local tv channels last night talk about ISU suffering a "brain fart", I had to shut it off. In the last few days, I hear about "freaking wind", the "A rabs", spoken with a long A, the word "posthumously" butchered. Just where are they getting these people from. Sure not Journalists!
go cubs go!

Cappy
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Re: Local News Weather and Sports Weekend

Post by Cappy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:23 pm

Welcome to the old guy fuddy-duddy club, Dee jay. You have so much to look forward to. Maybe holding your wife's purse while she shops in the mall. A good soft yogurt. Velcro shoes and sans-a-belt trousers. Coupons. Welcome, brother. Let's meet for a coffee sometime and talk things over. You know, about the way it used to be. Oh, forgot about angry letters to the editor. Word to the wise, always count ten before mailing!

Bballnut
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Bballnut » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:18 pm

Not sure where to go with this one. One observation: the good ones don't say too long..on to bigger markets
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Skut Farcus
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Skut Farcus » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:09 pm

Cappy wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:23 pm
Welcome to the old guy fuddy-duddy club, Dee jay. You have so much to look forward to. Maybe holding your wife's purse while she shops in the mall. A good soft yogurt. Velcro shoes and sans-a-belt trousers. Coupons. Welcome, brother. Let's meet for a coffee sometime and talk things over. You know, about the way it used to be. Oh, forgot about angry letters to the editor. Word to the wise, always count ten before mailing!
Don't forget; "Get outta my yard!"

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:26 am

So because I expect a little more preparation from these "professionals, I must be old and crabby. Just how important was it to the family of the Navy Seal from Chillicothe to not only get his name incorrectly, but couldn't even pronounce "posthumously". Must not be important to some of you.
go cubs go!