Congrats to Pekin Boys Golf...

For the civil discussion of high school sports.
CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Congrats to Pekin Boys Golf...

Post by CIS »

The Dragon boys golf team won MI league tournament this past weekend to cap off unbeaten season. Dragons have been very impressive in duels and tournaments. Yeah, I know, it's hard to get excited about high school golf, but it's all I got right now :) :(
oftenrunning52
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: Congrats to Pekin Boys Golf...

Post by oftenrunning52 »

CIS wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:23 pm The Dragon boys golf team won MI league tournament this past weekend to cap off unbeaten season. Dragons have been very impressive in duels and tournaments. Yeah, I know, it's hard to get excited about high school golf, but it's all I got right now :) :(
Cross country? Both Pekin teams are having strong seasons, but I'll agree that boys golf has been good this year.
Dunlap Eagles
2011 and 2012 Mid-Illini Boys Cross Country Champions
2012-2019 Mid-Illini Girls Cross Country Champions
2014 3rd place and 2016 2nd place Girls 2A IHSA Cross Country
2017 Girls IHSA Cross Country State Champions
CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Congrats to Pekin Boys Golf...

Post by CIS »

oftenrunning52 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:11 am
CIS wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:23 pm The Dragon boys golf team won MI league tournament this past weekend to cap off unbeaten season. Dragons have been very impressive in duels and tournaments. Yeah, I know, it's hard to get excited about high school golf, but it's all I got right now :) :(
Cross country? Both Pekin teams are having strong seasons, but I'll agree that boys golf has been good this year.
Yes, the Dragon x-country teams are having good seasons. While the boys teams have usually been competitive, it's nice to see the strides that the girls have made. The Mid Illini boys cross country meet should be a barnburner! The preseason meet was very tight - it would seem that four teams have a chance to win. The girls side should also be competitive. This past Saturday, the Pekin boys lost to Metamora by one point while the Pekin girls won by three points in a duel meet. Hard to believe that Metamora's coach Gene Jones is in his 51st year! That's impressive...