If you were the coach?

For the civil discussion of small school football.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

If you were the coach?

Post by deejay » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Your team has just scored and converted the extra point. You are now down by 7 with 4 minutes to go with all three timeouts left. If you were the coach, what would you do with the kickoff?
go cubs go!

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Re: If you were the coach?

Post by Mike Radigan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:57 pm

deejay wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:20 pm
Your team has just scored and converted the extra point. You are now down by 7 with 4 minutes to go with all three timeouts left. If you were the coach, what would you do with the kickoff?
It all depends on how my defense has been playing. Kick deep if my defense is good.

One other thing if I had scored a TD to pull within 8 I would have gone for 2. Even if it failed my team would need another TD and have a second chance converting the deuce.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:40 am

In this instance, field conditions were fair, due to earlier rain. Athens coach elected to on side kick. He had to redo after they were off sides. He tried it again and Tuscola recovered again at mid field. One first down later, game over. Athens never had a chance to get ball back. I and many others at game would have kicked deep, used my timeouts, hoping to force a punt.
go cubs go!

GoBirdsGo II
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:06 pm

deejay wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:20 pm
Down 7, 4:00 to go. What do I do?? Is this a serious question??? Kick it as deep as humanly possible!!!
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!