IC Catholic

For the civil discussion of large school football.
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Re: IC Catholic

Post by Reggie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:25 pm

salz4life wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:
GoBirdsGo II wrote:That's what I'm hearing as well. Local sportscaster I know been hearing it for a year now.

Not too hard to figure out what/who we're talking about folks. Just go back and reread all the profiles of the 1st team all area large school players. If it indeed happens, how in the he!! the IHSA doesn't come snoopin' around Central is beyond me.
If the kid is transferring per his own volition, there's absolutely nothing for the IHSA to look into. I know this will blow the minds of many pjstarforum posters...but not every transfer is a result of "recruiting"...
That's only true if they transfer to Metamora.
With GBG as the head recruiter who would not want to be a Redbird? :lol:

It shows you just how crazy times have become that Peoria High is being accused of recruiting for football while Metamora gets accused of recruiting for basketball. Once Manual gets accused of recruiting for baseball we REALLY know the whole world has gone crazy.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:25 am

Reggie wrote:It shows you just how crazy times have become that Peoria High is being accused of recruiting for football while Metamora gets accused of recruiting for basketball. Once Manual gets accused of recruiting for baseball we REALLY know the whole world has gone crazy.
Actually, the apocalypse would be Dunlap recruiting for wrestling.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

deadguy35
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by deadguy35 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:40 am

Reggie wrote:
salz4life wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:
If the kid is transferring per his own volition, there's absolutely nothing for the IHSA to look into. I know this will blow the minds of many pjstarforum posters...but not every transfer is a result of "recruiting"...
That's only true if they transfer to Metamora.
With GBG as the head recruiter who would not want to be a Redbird? :lol:
He really slacked off this past offseason. You get what you pay for I guess :oops:
Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Reggie wrote:It shows you just how crazy times have become that Peoria High is being accused of recruiting for football while Metamora gets accused of recruiting for basketball. Once Manual gets accused of recruiting for baseball we REALLY know the whole world has gone crazy.
Actually, the apocalypse would be Dunlap recruiting for wrestling.
Well, if they were to ever tap into those Russian exchange students they have been recruiting for years for football... :zsport23
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

STL
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by STL » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:41 pm

TheHouse wrote:
Concerned wrote:
225guy wrote:Out of curiosity where did fred Dixson and isaiah ward go to grade school?
Christ Lutheran
So they aren't even catholic?
Don't know. But PND has some kids that are not catholic. It's not a requirement.
The key is that they were not public in grade school.

STL
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by STL » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:43 pm

STL wrote:
TheHouse wrote:
Concerned wrote: Christ Lutheran
Don't know. But PND has some kids that are not catholic. It's not a requirement.
The key is that they were not public in grade school.
And that really doesn't matter either. But if the suggestion is that they were recruited from D150, that's false.

GoBirdsGo II
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Stinky Pete wrote:
TheHouse wrote:
Concerned wrote: Christ Lutheran
Word on the street is Peoria got an early Christmas gift
...and now I hear from a lil birdie Dixon has enrolled this semester at Central.

My how times have changed. My sister, who lives a few blocks from Central scrimped and saved to send her son & daughter to PND. Now, apparently it's the destination.
Knute Rockne .. "They'll give ya the ball and you just run with it." George Gip .. "How far?"

CIS
All World
All World

Post by CIS » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:09 pm

It's Free! :D

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:28 pm

What I would like to know is that with D-150 schools open to all Peoria students via the different programs they offer why are D-150 schools not treated as open-enrollment schools by the IHSA? I had always thought that the Chicago Public League schools were treated as such so I wonder what differentiates D-150 schools from those.

deadguy35

Post by deadguy35 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Can the IHSA step in and make him play basketball at Metamora or at least get people to spell his last name right :lol:
Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.

Just What I Think
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Just What I Think » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:31 pm

Dist 150 is not open. You go to school where you live. Exception: if you make IB academy you go to Richwoods, if you qualify for performing arts you go to PHS. Manual has something. Don't know what.

CIS
All World
All World

Post by CIS » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Where does the Dixon fella live? Does he live in the Central district? If so I see no problem...but if not then it is a problem.

TheHouse

Post by TheHouse » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:04 pm

CIS wrote:Where does the Dixon fella live? Does he live in the Central district? If so I see no problem...but if not then it is a problem.
Pjstar article had a quote from IHSA saying they don't see an issue because he is leaving private to go to his "home" school. Stated financial hardship

CIS
All World
All World

Post by CIS » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:06 pm

TheHouse wrote:
CIS wrote:Where does the Dixon fella live? Does he live in the Central district? If so I see no problem...but if not then it is a problem.
Pjstar article had a quote from IHSA saying they don't see an issue because he is leaving private to go to his "home" school. Stated financial hardship
Well, if it's his home school district I would have no problem with his leaving to attend Central - regardless if its financial hardship or just the fact he want to play in the program....

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:11 pm

Just What I Think wrote:Dist 150 is not open. You go to school where you live. Exception: if you make IB academy you go to Richwoods, if you qualify for performing arts you go to PHS. Manual has something. Don't know what.
If students are allowed to enroll outside the designated districts that makes them de facto open enrollment. It does not take a rocket surgeon to figure out what a can of worms this could open up.

BearsFan
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by BearsFan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Strange he stated financial hardship but went to private school his entire life until this moment in time. Strange that if it were financial hardship that PND wouldn't have offered him financial assistance the way they do any other family I have ever heard of in need of assistance that has been enrolled there, particularly one that is in their third year there. Hmmm.

CIS
All World
All World

Post by CIS » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:20 pm

I would think the only relevant question is whether his family lives in the Central school lines....anything else doesn't matter whether it's his senior year or not. Maybe he wants to be a part of team that might win another state title.

TheHouse

Post by TheHouse » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:56 pm

BearsFan wrote:Strange he stated financial hardship but went to private school his entire life until this moment in time. Strange that if it were financial hardship that PND wouldn't have offered him financial assistance the way they do any other family I have ever heard of in need of assistance that has been enrolled there, particularly one that is in their third year there. Hmmm.
I'd say 10 plus years of private school could create a financial hardship.

Dee-Mack Fan
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Dee-Mack Fan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:45 pm

Adam Schefter wrote:Dont even have to miss the playoffs for 4 years to get Waiver. You just cant win a playoff game for 4 years. A team could go 7-2 for 4 straight years, make playoffs, go 1 and done and get the Waiver.

that is what I meant

Baseball Junkie

Post by Baseball Junkie » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:43 am

Manuals district. Marquette Street. 4 blocks from Manual

raeja
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by raeja » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:42 pm

Going from private to public is not an issue and as others pointed out the only real question is does he live in the boundaries of Central. For the "most part" D-150 enforces boundaries. My gut feeling is that nothing fishy is going on here. However, in regards to Peoria, Quest does have open boundaries within District 150. My hope is that Quest makes it to state this year so they will be 2A next year ( they may be 2A , without multiplier, if enrollment goes up a little). Seems that with time, Quest could become the powerhouse in Peoria.

crkamm
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by crkamm » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:08 pm

raeja wrote: My hope is that Quest makes it to state this year so they will be 2A next year ( they may be 2A , without multiplier, if enrollment goes up a little). Seems that with time, Quest could become the powerhouse in Peoria.
Getting a little ahead of ourselves aren't we. They don't even have their own team yet (coop with Heights). Even the coop only finished 4-5 this year.
THE LEGEND! As crowned by Johnny Mac
Scientifically proven to be 1.84 X more intelligent than the "Officially recognized Smartest Poster on the Boards".
jmc wrote:you were advanced for your age.

CIS
All World
All World

Post by CIS » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:12 am

crkamm wrote:
raeja wrote: My hope is that Quest makes it to state this year so they will be 2A next year ( they may be 2A , without multiplier, if enrollment goes up a little). Seems that with time, Quest could become the powerhouse in Peoria.
Getting a little ahead of ourselves aren't we. They don't even have their own team yet (coop with Heights). Even the coop only finished 4-5 this year.
I'm thinking that raeja is thinking about basketball where Quest is ranked #1 in 1A...

TheHouse

Post by TheHouse » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:23 am

Baseball Junkie wrote:
Not true.

Letsgo
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Letsgo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:16 am

TheHouse wrote:
Baseball Junkie wrote:
Not true.
Yes it is true.

He lives in manuals district.

I hope Pnd has the guts to fight this. It's wrong and needs addresses.

The kid should be at manual.

What bothers me is how it's getting glazed over.