The New Metamora Varsity Head Football Coach:

For the civil discussion of large school football.
GoBirdsGo II
All Universe
All Universe

The New Metamora Varsity Head Football Coach:

Post by GoBirdsGo II »

Jared Grebner

Here's what I'd love to see happen with Jared as HC.

Herring: OC
Dentino: DC

IMHO, that would be a dream team of coaching. :)
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

cutter752
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Re: The New Metamora Varsity Head Football Coach:

Post by cutter752 »

Grebner was my second choice, behind Curt Ryan. Curt would bring more excitement to the game, which is what is needed to keep fans coming IMO. Redbird football has become boring, like a lot of programs...lots of reasons for that, not necessarily the coaches fault either... One program that is always exciting to watch is Rochester (and I literally cant stand the coach)....well coached and very unpredictable play calling, always taking advantage of what the opposing team gives him IMO.

metfan
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by metfan »

cutter752 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:08 pm
Grebner was my second choice, behind Curt Ryan. Curt would bring more excitement to the game, which is what is needed to keep fans coming IMO. Redbird football has become boring, like a lot of programs...lots of reasons for that, not necessarily the coaches fault either... One program that is always exciting to watch is Rochester (and I literally cant stand the coach)....well coached and very unpredictable play calling, always taking advantage of what the opposing team gives him IMO.
Maybe Grebs turns OC job over to Curt?
"When you do what you love, and love what you do, you'll have success your whole life through!"

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Concerning the hire; if most Redbird fans on the forum felt that the offense under Ryan had become stale and predictable, why would they hire the DC. Really makes little difference to me. Just asking the question.
go cubs go!

cutter752
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by cutter752 »

deejay wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm
Concerning the hire; if most Redbird fans on the forum felt that the offense under Ryan had become stale and predictable, why would they hire the DC. Really makes little difference to me. Just asking the question.
The obvious reason is that the fans have no voice in the matter. Personally, the many Redbird fans i know wanted Curt....His coaching practice was not anywhere close to how his brother coached.

MidstateFan
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MidstateFan »

deejay wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm
Maybe the new head coach keeps the defensive coordinator duties and hires a new offensive coordinator? (or moves the assistants around?)
Looking at this with no idea of the people involved.