Scores & Updates Week # 6

For the civil discussion of large school football.
User avatar
metfan
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:08 am
Location: Metamora

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by metfan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:23 pm

Final 42-33 Birds.....
"When you do what you love, and love what you do, you'll have success your whole life through!"

CIS
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3667
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by CIS » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:26 pm

What a great night of HS football with ND-NW game leading the way...good night to all!

User avatar
Buckeye Bob
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 350
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:16 pm
Location: The Bleachers

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by Buckeye Bob » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:37 pm

CIS wrote:Two tough losses for the Potters who are turning into a tough team...
Not really. You are what your record says you are. In Morton's case 0-6 says it all.
"Success - it 's what you do with what you've got." ..... Wayne Woodrow "Woody" Hayes

User avatar
Pittstop
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:25 am

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by Pittstop » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Morton has shown improvedment on offense the last couple of weeks, but the defense still looks like it did in week1 and perhaps worse. It is terrible. JFL teams could score against it. All arm tackles or completely miss the ball carrier. Defense lost the game again tonight. Pekin scored on three 70+ yard TD runs plus they had many additional long runs that didn't go for TDs and long kickoff returns. Guess who the defenseive coordinator is?
2010 Large School "Pick-Ems" Champion

User avatar
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Posts: 652
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:15 am

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by 94 Knight » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:02 pm

Champaign Central 63
Richwoods 18
Final

Richwoods now 1-5 and will miss the playoffs for the first time since 2002. Probably the worst Richwoods team I have ever seen.
44Belly-I told any RHS fan that wanted to listen years ago that this was coming. This didn't happen over night. The seeds for this were planted years ago. Anyone that bothered to take off their Forrest Green colored glasses could have seen this coming. No attention to details, no fundamentals, and no discipline. A perfect recipe for bad football. This isn't the "one off" RHS team a la 1982 or 2002. Until the culture at RHS changes, this will continue. High School football is about the kids playing. Parents do your kids a favor and take a step back. You had your time. Now it's your kid's time.

jjjimbo99
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by jjjimbo99 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:15 pm

metfan wrote:Birds finally get the lead in 4th... 35-33
The Birds coach should have gone for 2 instead of 1.....1 point made it 35-33, and a field goal by Limestone could have won the game. If the Birds would of scored 2, it would be 36-33, and a field goal would only tie.... Luckily, the Birds continued to score so it didnt make a differance. But, its a mistake like this that could cost a game..........pay attention coach.....several fans in my area were very aware of this mistake.

Dr. Veeman
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:14 am
Location: Down in the tube station at midnight

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by Dr. Veeman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:46 pm

And the Redbirds get win #500...congratulations to Metamora!

crkamm
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:43 pm

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by crkamm » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:09 am

Dr. Veeman wrote:And the Redbirds get win #500...congratulations to Metamora!
Actually, the PJStar had it wrong. Tonight was Redbird win #499.
THE LEGEND! As crowned by Johnny Mac
Scientifically proven to be 1.84 X more intelligent than the "Officially recognized Smartest Poster on the Boards".
jmc wrote:you were advanced for your age.

young guns
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:47 am
Location: Morton/East Peoria

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by young guns » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:52 am

Buckeye Bob wrote:
CIS wrote:Two tough losses for the Potters who are turning into a tough team...
Not really. You are what your record says you are. In Morton's case 0-6 says it all.
"...got to be about the best 0-6 team in the state of Illinois." :shock: :oops:

young guns
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:47 am
Location: Morton/East Peoria

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by young guns » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:57 am

Pittstop wrote:Morton has shown improvedment on offense the last couple of weeks, but the defense still looks like it did in week1 and perhaps worse. It is terrible. JFL teams could score against it. All arm tackles or completely miss the ball carrier. Defense lost the game again tonight. Pekin scored on three 70+ yard TD runs plus they had many additional long runs that didn't go for TDs and long kickoff returns. Guess who the defenseive coordinator is?
Bringing pressure on 3rd and 30 when you only need to hold them to say 25 yards? Then allowing the QB to get away for a 75 yard td. Not cool.

User avatar
firefighter13
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Posts: 1865
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by firefighter13 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:18 am

jjjimbo99 wrote:
metfan wrote:Birds finally get the lead in 4th... 35-33
The Birds coach should have gone for 2 instead of 1.....1 point made it 35-33, and a field goal by Limestone could have won the game. If the Birds would of scored 2, it would be 36-33, and a field goal would only tie.... Luckily, the Birds continued to score so it didnt make a differance. But, its a mistake like this that could cost a game..........pay attention coach.....several fans in my area were very aware of this mistake.

While I agree with going for 2 in that situation, I don't think Pat was worried about their kicker banging home a game winning field goal. His extra points on the night were an adventure. Many barely cleared the crossbar.
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

jjjimbo99
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by jjjimbo99 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:00 am

firefighter13 wrote:
jjjimbo99 wrote:
metfan wrote:Birds finally get the lead in 4th... 35-33
The Birds coach should have gone for 2 instead of 1.....1 point made it 35-33, and a field goal by Limestone could have won the game. If the Birds would of scored 2, it would be 36-33, and a field goal would only tie.... Luckily, the Birds continued to score so it didnt make a differance. But, its a mistake like this that could cost a game..........pay attention coach.....several fans in my area were very aware of this mistake.

While I agree with going for 2 in that situation, I don't think Pat was worried about their kicker banging home a game winning field goal. His extra points on the night were an adventure. Many barely cleared the crossbar.
Doesnt matter. A decision like that could get a college coach fired if he lost...realizing that Pat is not a college coach and has no concern about being fired. The point is, only 1 point was absolutely the wrong decision and Im surprised he did it.

User avatar
LarryBird
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 2105
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by LarryBird » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:33 am

jjjimbo99 wrote:
metfan wrote:Birds finally get the lead in 4th... 35-33
The Birds coach should have gone for 2 instead of 1.....1 point made it 35-33, and a field goal by Limestone could have won the game. If the Birds would of scored 2, it would be 36-33, and a field goal would only tie.... Luckily, the Birds continued to score so it didnt make a differance. But, its a mistake like this that could cost a game..........pay attention coach.....several fans in my area were very aware of this mistake.
7 minutes were left in the game . What if they miss and it is 34-33 and Limestone scores a TD and makes a 2 point conversion ? 41-34 now Metamora can not retake the lead unless they go for 2 if they score a TD. Way too much time left in game imho and obviously the coach who has been doing this a long time.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
LarryBird
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 2105
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by LarryBird » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:37 am

94 Knight wrote:
Champaign Central 63
Richwoods 18
Final

Richwoods now 1-5 and will miss the playoffs for the first time since 2002. Probably the worst Richwoods team I have ever seen.
44Belly-I told any RHS fan that wanted to listen years ago that this was coming. This didn't happen over night. The seeds for this were planted years ago. Anyone that bothered to take off their Forrest Green colored glasses could have seen this coming. No attention to details, no fundamentals, and no discipline. A perfect recipe for bad football. This isn't the "one off" RHS team a la 1982 or 2002. Until the culture at RHS changes, this will continue. High School football is about the kids playing. Parents do your kids a favor and take a step back. You had your time. Now it's your kid's time.
I went to my 1st game of the year last night and was shocked about how small the roster is. It seemed like when they switched from offense to defense no one ran off the field.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 14672
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:49 am

Last night's Springfield area scores:

SHG 45, Chatham Glenwood 10
Jacksonville 62, Decatur MacArthur 20
Rochester 59, Lincoln 0
Springfield Southeast 34, Springfield High 14
Taylorville 14, Effingham 7
Decatur Eisenhower 46, Springfield Lanphier 14

blackshirt
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by blackshirt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:37 am

on a side note. I'd like Metamora to focus on their game rather than trying to win the beauty contest out there on the field. The amount of Visors/arm bands/leg and arm sleeves is a little discouraging given Coach Ryan's disdain towards this in past years.

blackshirt
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by blackshirt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:38 am

Are the athletes at Richwoods just not playing football?

User avatar
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Posts: 652
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:15 am

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by 94 Knight » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:08 pm

No, the team is loaded with athletes. They just don't want to listen and do what their told. Their record has nothing to do with lack of talent.
RHS needs to eliminate all the distractions and go back to being a football program and not a social club.

User avatar
Buckeye Bob
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 350
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:16 pm
Location: The Bleachers

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by Buckeye Bob » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:11 pm

young guns wrote:"...got to be about the best 0-6 team in the state of Illinois." :shock: :oops:
Now that is saying something! Rather be the worst 6-0 team. ;)
"Success - it 's what you do with what you've got." ..... Wayne Woodrow "Woody" Hayes

young guns
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:47 am
Location: Morton/East Peoria

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by young guns » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:56 pm

Buckeye Bob wrote:
young guns wrote:"...got to be about the best 0-6 team in the state of Illinois." :shock: :oops:
Now that is saying something! Rather be the worst 6-0 team. ;)
Just quoting the coach, I would never come up with that on my own. :)

nowhereman
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:13 pm

Re: Scores & Updates Week # 6

Post by nowhereman » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:01 pm

94 Knight wrote:RHS needs to eliminate all the distractions and go back to being a football program and not a social club.


A little explanation for we posters/readers not in the Peoria area, please. In observing the scores of their games so far this year, I would automatically say they do not have the talent (without knowing anything more). What exactly is the "social club" situation you speak of?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests