2018 PJStar Large School Regular Season Pick ‘Em Rule

For the civil discussion of large school football.
GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

2018 PJStar Large School Regular Season Pick ‘Em Rule

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Rules to Live By

1. All picks must be entered no later than 5:00 PM on game day. NO EXCEPTIONS! The board marks the time of each post, this shall be deemed official and binding.

2. All picks must be entered on the official thread on these PJStar boards. There shall be NO E-mailing, texting, facebooking or smoke signals allowed. This will help to ensure transparency in the process.

3. Picks will be scored the same way as the Playoff Pick ‘Em always has been. One point for every correct pick each week.

4. I strongly recommend that you list your picks using the school names as I’ve posted them. I don’t plan on being as draconian in this as past Pick ‘Ems have been, BUT be warned that MY judgment will be final and binding on this point. If you choose to use an alternative name, you accept the consequences if I misinterpret that name. No post game whining tolerated. I.E.: P.N.D./Notre Dame I will probably recognize. Moline when you mean United, or Rock Island when you mean Alleman will cause problems. Please note; we now have two "Centrals". Take extra care when posting to note which one you mean.

5. All judgments of tournament officials will be final and without appeal.

6. You can miss 1 week, and 1 week only, to be eligible for the Grand prize at the end of the year.

7. Tie-breakers will be determined by the poster who picks closest. If there is a tie between posters, the poster who posted his/her picks first wins.

8. All that will be allowed is PICKS ONLY. No game discussion will ne allowed. There will be a thread for that.

Have fun & good luck.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: 2017 PJStar Large School Regular Season Pick ‘Em Rules

Post by Cristobal » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:21 am

Heeeee's baaaaack.

Thanks for doing this again. Each weekend wouldn't be the same without the picks.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

deadguy35
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by deadguy35 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:24 am

Thank you for taking this over again. I know it's a lot of thankless work but there are a number of us who really appreciate it.
Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.

TheHouse

Post by TheHouse » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Yes thank you.

Just What I Think
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Just What I Think » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:44 pm

There is only one Central. Champaign Central. Peoria High School is not officially Central.

littlereddoggy
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by littlereddoggy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 am

Your wayyyyyyyy better than the last guy who ran the pickems!!!!!!
The 7 Time Undefeated March Madness Bracket Pick-Ems Champion. Defeating GBG II with ease.
THE 2008 5A PICK EM CHAMPION

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:20 pm

littlereddoggy wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 am
Your wayyyyyyyy better than the last guy who ran the pickems!!!!!!
Remember the apple doesn't fall that far from the tree.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy