Big 12 Preview

For the civil discussion of large school football.
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Big 12 Preview

Post by 94 Knight » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:41 pm

Whole lotta new coaches in 2018 for the Big 12. I'll start in Peoria......

Peoria High-Going back to the Woodruff days, Coach Thorton has always been able to develop a very good QB. Coran Taylor will be hard to replace but the Lions will find another good one. Offense should still be very explosive with the best athletes in the area at WR and 100% healthy this year. Defense has to improve. Not going to make another deep playoff run if the defense doesn't become at least adequate. ithink the Lions get that figured out. Can't see the Lions going any worse than 7-2. The season finale against Normal Community will probably decide the B12 Title. Look for the Lions to be very hungry in 2018.

PND-Maybe the best roster from top to bottom depth wise in Peoria. New coach but I don't look for much to change for the Irish. 6-3 is where I'll have the Irish finishing.

RHS-Will probably need to change the Offensive scheme with the departure of their QB and several quality WRs. Not sure they have the horses to run that offense again. Should have a very solid RB and O line. Defense was down right awful at times and surprisingly solid at times last year. Defense needs to get much better if the Knights are to make the playoffs. I'll say 4-5.

Manual-New year, same old song and dance. Just not enough depth to compete with most of the teams on their schedule.

Normal Community-New Coach but I suspect very little will change. Should battle Peoria for another B12 Crown.

Normal West-New Coach and lost a lot of talent but usually reloads quickly so I think the playoffs are definitely in play.

Champaign Central, Champaign Centennial, Bloomington, and Urbana will probably all be outside looking in when playoffs roll around.

TheHouse
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Re: Big 12 Preview

Post by TheHouse » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:35 pm

Gabe Hernandez big little brother of Orlando will be qb at Peoria High this year. Looking forward to see what he does. Also very excited for the Defense, won't elaborate but it won't look like last year
Last edited by TheHouse on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:43 am

Love seeing Peoria High/Normal Community as the week 9 game. Should decide B12 crown.

TheHouse

Post by TheHouse » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:15 pm

94 Knight wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:43 am
Love seeing Peoria High/Normal Community as the week 9 game. Should decide B12 crown.
I hope so. Lots of changes in that conference. It'll be interesting to see how things play out