Worst football uniforms you've seen?

For the civil discussion of large school football.
Aaron Ferguson
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Worst football uniforms you've seen?

Post by Aaron Ferguson »

When I watched Normal Community walk onto the field for pregame warm-ups, I was already dreading trying to keep stats with their white numbers on white jerseys. It became even more of a chore as it got darker.

It also reminded me of Dunlap's white-on-white with a gold trim. I assure you those were easier to read, but not by much.

So it made me curious as to which uniforms you've seen that have been eyesores?

ICYMI: NCHS was assessed a penalty before the season even started. First time I've seen that.
http://www.pjstar.com/article/20180825/SPORTS/180829679
Follow me on Twitter @Sports_Aaron
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: Worst football uniforms you've seen?

Post by 94 Knight »

As soon as I walked up the ramp to RHS Stadium I knew NCHS's uniforms were illegal. How does a coach or AD not know they are illegal? Watching HS football on ESPN the last 2 days it's been nice to see old school classy uniforms are making a comeback. I liked the days when you saw a uniform and you automatically knew who the team's were.
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

Richwoods needs to bring back the white helmets with the classic crest on the side.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight »

Richwoods needs to bring back the I formation.
Aaron Ferguson
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Aaron Ferguson »

Reggie wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:54 pm Richwoods needs to bring back the white helmets with the classic crest on the side.
Honestly, I like the silver with the shield.
Follow me on Twitter @Sports_Aaron
CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS »

Yes, uniforms have gotten uglier and more bizarre - at least in my crusty old opinion! :drunk
net
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by net »

94 Knight wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:09 pm As soon as I walked up the ramp to RHS Stadium I knew NCHS's uniforms were illegal. How does a coach or AD not know they are illegal? Watching HS football on ESPN the last 2 days it's been nice to see old school classy uniforms are making a comeback. I liked the days when you saw a uniform and you automatically knew who the team's were.
obviously you know nothing regarding ihsa uniform rules.
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight »

Net-Care to explain? I was correct, the uniforms were illegal and they were penalized for wearing them. The PJ Star staff even did an article on it. http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20180825/n ... re-kickoff Please correct what I "obviously " know "nothing" about.
4Anorth
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by 4Anorth »

According to another board,Normal contacted IHSA and was informed that the uniforms are LEGAL....
oftenrunning52
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by oftenrunning52 »

Do IHSA rules differ from NFHS rules for uniforms? Here is what I found for NFHS:
c. Numbers:
1. The numbers shall be clearly visible and legible using Arabic numbers 1-99 inclusive and shall be on the
front and back of the jersey.
2. The numbers shall be centered horizontally at least 8 inches and 10 inches high on front and back,
respectively, and with continuous bars or strokes approximately 1½-inches wide.
3. The color and style of the number shall be the same on the front and back.
4. The body of the number shall be either:
(a) a continuous color(s) contrasting with the jersey color, or
(b) the same solid color(s) as the jersey with a minimum of one border that is at least ¼-inch in width of
a single solid contrasting color.

From pictures I would say a referee could say the uniforms are breaking #1 and #4 on this list. The numbers do not appear to be clearly visible or legible (I read that as recognizable). The number clearly does not contrast with the body of the uniform and I'm not sure I would call the border as contrasting either. Plain and simple, you can't read the numbers, and I'm not sure who at Normal Community thought you could read them.
Dunlap Eagles
2011 and 2012 Mid-Illini Boys Cross Country Champions
2012-2019 Mid-Illini Girls Cross Country Champions
2014 3rd place and 2016 2nd place Girls 2A IHSA Cross Country
2017 Girls IHSA Cross Country State Champions
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight »

Despite "obviously" knowing "nothing" about the jersey rule, 4A is the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the NCHS away jersey. #1 is probably open for debate. I loved when bruce Cowdrey would do the games on the radio "If I can't read the numbers, I'm not even going to attempt to give the kid's names."
MadHatter555
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by MadHatter555 »

East Peoria's flirtation with black looks to be over. Those were awful...I am not a big fan of Washington's orange over black look, though it is better than the Black/black. I prefer orange over white, and I love the all white on the road.
:td