Final Sign Off

For the civil discussion of large school football.
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Final Sign Off

Post by 94 Knight » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Canceled my subscription to the Journal Star after 18 years today. Not happy with any of the things Gatehouse is doing, I'd feel like a hypocrite continuing to use their message board so I am signing off for the last time. Best of luck to all the local teams in 2018 and beyond.

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Final Sign Off

Post by O&B 78 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:54 pm

I wouldn’t worry about it. They owe you for how they sold you a great product 18 years ago then charged more for less product as the years went on
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Will miss you greatly Knight 94! We both have been posting for many years and I always enjoyed your thoughts on general football stuff as well as on the Knights. I have signed off several times over the years but somehow I always come back after some time. :) I really enjoy the boards even though they have dwindled a lot since the "glory days" when you have dozens of posters from all the area schools. I always enjoyed the Metamora-Washington week years ago when you might get up to 200+ posts and some real passionate arguments! Even though I have only met a few posters over the years, I feel like we are all like buddies at a bar hashing over sports. But it is amazing how the amount of post and posters have faded away. Gosh, the small school boards used to have a lot of action and it was always interesting to see what was happening at the small schools. But now the small school boards are just about empty and some Friday nights you have NO one posting scores or any thought. There used to be 10-12 games highlighted each week and discussed. At least there is still some life on the large school boards but even that is nearing life support. Anyway, I wish you well Knight 94!

Oskee
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Oskee » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:14 pm

:salute

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:08 pm

94 Knight wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:30 pm
Canceled my subscription to the Journal Star after 18 years today. Not happy with any of the things Gatehouse is doing, I'd feel like a hypocrite continuing to use their message board so I am signing off for the last time. Best of luck to all the local teams in 2018 and beyond.
I understand, but, sure do hope you change your mind. To be very honest, been on here since 2003 and have never really looked at like that. We joined when it was the Peoria Journal Star. All this mess now has been created by the "out of towner" Gatehouse. I DO NOT associate these forums with the current regime.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!