Metamora@Dunlap

For the civil discussion of large school football.
Jholls
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Metamora@Dunlap

Post by Jholls » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Several big games in the Mid Illini to talk about this week. None bigger than Metamora at Dunlap. Is Metamora for real? They have been impressive so far but their schedule gets much tougher. Dunlap is coming off of their beatdown at the hands of Washington. It's homecoming in Dunlap....what are everyone's thoughts?

MadHatter555
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Re: Metamora@Dunlap

Post by MadHatter555 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:11 pm

We pretty much saw how Dunlap stacked up to Washington. If Metamora can't handle them, then they probably won't fare that well against the Panthers. I don't think the Redbird schedule has been too tough so far, so it is hard to say. Based on what I saw in Wash/Dunlap, it is hard for me to imagine Dunlap beating Metamora or Morton. There just wasn't much going on for them, other than getting beat down.
:td

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Washington & Morton @ home don't nearly worry me as much as Dunlap & Pekin on the road. Birds' never seem to fare well there.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:20 pm

I wouldn't worry about Pekin too much, their defense will not stop Metamora's offense, they will allow big plays. I think Metamora can put 47-54 points on Pekin easily - Metamora 49 Pekin 21...Dunlap-Metamora will be a good game but Metamora will win this one. This game will kind of show where the Birds are...if they blow out the Eagles you know that Metamora has a REALLY good team and will compete with Washington. If the Birds struggles against Dunlap then maybe Birds are good but not real good. Either way I am quite confident Metamora takes this game. I think they will win this game with comfortable margin, something like 34-17

cutter752
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by cutter752 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:17 pm

The Birds looked pretty good vs EP...not because EP is bad, but i think the Birds running game shows improvement in execution. However, Dunlap has given Metamora some close games at Dunlap. i think the Birds will win a close one.

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:50 pm

This is the hardest game for me to decide for the picks this week.
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:48 pm

I was watching Morton QB Nolan's highlights against Pekin. Yes, the kid is good and fast but that was some of the WORSE defense tackling, angles and positioning I have seen! It's like Pekin defenders have not been coached at all. I honestly don't know if Pekin can beat Canton, I think they can but with that defense? And Washington and Metamora in upcoming weeks - YIKES! :help

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:10 pm

O&B 78 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:50 pm
Not for me. 10-15 mph winds tomorrow night spell doom for the Birds'. Eagles +14.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

4MBirdz
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by 4MBirdz » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:49 pm

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:10 pm
O&B 78 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:50 pm
Not for me. 10-15 mph winds tomorrow night spell doom for the Birds'. Eagles +14.
I'd say Pat's birds are back big time.
The bird cycle of winning continues.
Go birds!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
General George Patton

redbirdfootball
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by redbirdfootball » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:55 pm

Birds coaching got a little bit conservative in the 3rd quarter. They were playing not to lose.

Jholls
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Jholls » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:30 am

redbirdfootball wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:55 pm
Birds coaching got a little bit conservative in the 3rd quarter. They were playing not to lose.
I agree. I was texting scores with a friend from Washington and said the exact same thing to him in the third quarter.

Really GBGII.....Wind? :D

Cristobal
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:02 am

Jholls wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:30 am
redbirdfootball wrote:
I agree. I was texting scores with a friend from Washington and said the exact same thing to him in the third quarter.

Playing conservative like that can cost you the game. I remember Washington was 3 TD's over Morris in the playoffs. Hands down playing better. Came out in the second half, played conservative and lost the chance to go to state.

Running the clock down is fine, but be very careful in doing so. Metamora should've had at least one or two more TD's.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:01 am

Cristobal wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:02 am
Jholls wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:30 am
redbirdfootball wrote:

Playing conservative like that can cost you the game. I remember Washington was 3 TD's over Morris in the playoffs. Hands down playing better. Came out in the second half, played conservative and lost the chance to go to state.

Running the clock down is fine, but be very careful in doing so. Metamora should've had at least one or two more TD's.
The only way to lose a big lead is to stop scoring. Generally it is not the other team that stops you but rather a decision to later the formula that got you the big lead in the first place. It drives me nuts in both football and basketball when teams abandon what had worked so well. In the case of football a team does not necessarily need to score more points with a big lead but merely needs to move the chains, which takes time off the clock and prevents the other team from getting a chance to score. I am all for not taking stupid chances with the ball but there are a variety of ways to move the ball which are not exactly high risk.

BTW- in that Morris game you eluded to was there not also a missing kicker that factored into a decision Washington made at the end of that game?
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

Cristobal

Post by Cristobal » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:25 am

Yes there was a kicker missing making the score 28-27. That was bad. What I was getting at was throwing the ball the first half and having a 21 point lead at the half. Washington dominating with passing game. Came out the second half and just ran the ball. Bye bye game.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy