Playoffs Forecast

For the civil discussion of large school football.
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Playoffs Forecast

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:27 pm

Highland wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:21 pm
Yes. Unfortunately you can only play who is on your schedule. Playing two 0-9 teams doesn’t help in that matter. But they shutout a 7A playoff team (Alton). They beat 8A Belleville East who plays in the SWC 35-7 and running clocked 3 of the teams in the south bracket for 5A. (Mascoutah, Jerseyville, and Marion).
While that's impressive, you only beat two teams that clinched playoff spots and didn't get in as at larges. 3 of your wins were against teams that were 1-8 or 0-9.

Highland
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Highland » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:40 pm

As I said earlier, you can only play who is on your schedule. I’ll leave it at that and we will see what happens this weekend as it will have major implications the rest of the way when determining the home team.

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:34 pm

Highland wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:40 pm
As I said earlier, you can only play who is on your schedule. I’ll leave it at that and we will see what happens this weekend as it will have major implications the rest of the way when determining the home team.
Good luck to you. You will win the first 2 games but the third I believe is out of range. Prove me wrong.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:36 pm

cutter752 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:48 pm
Cristobal wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:39 pm
JCA vs Metamora.
Say What?
How dare you doubt my high school football expertise.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:37 pm

Jholls wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:48 am
Cristobal wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:51 am
cutter752 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:48 pm

Say What?
That was an early prediction I made last night based on a possible 3 seed for metamora. As of this morning, early predictions has JCA going to metamora week one. Very interesting. Washington now has an early prediction of number 1 seed pushing Richards up north with a number 1 seed. To early to tell but should be an interesting evening.
Don't see that happening. JCA is a 5 win team and will most likely play a #1 or #2 seed. Besides 5A will be split into a north and south bracket....JCA will most likely go north IMO.
You as well. :D

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:31 pm

Highland wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:49 pm
Don’t sleep on Highland. They will be a tough out for anybody.
One of my favorite high school football memories was when Highland played Washington in the playoffs, the same year I believe the song, "Who let the dogs out" came out and I can still see your cheerleaders walking towards the away bleachers before the game with that song blaring on a boom box. :D
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

Highland
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Highland » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:50 pm

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:31 pm
Highland wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:49 pm
Don’t sleep on Highland. They will be a tough out for anybody.
One of my favorite high school football memories was when Highland played Washington in the playoffs, the same year I believe the song, "Who let the dogs out" came out and I can still see your cheerleaders walking towards the away bleachers before the game with that song blaring on a boom box. :D

😂😂😂

We could never get over the hump back then. Had one quarterfinal team that got thumped by Mattoon in 2003. I think they had two receivers going to Illinois that year.

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:54 pm

I caught a lot of crap for picking Highland to beat Washington in 2000. The reasoning was very solid. I had seen them play at NCHS the year before with a young team and a junior QB and they gave the eventual 4A semi finalist a game for about a half. The 2000 Panthers were an ordinary team who looked very beatable by a team with a good passing QB, which Highland had. Highland had their way with the Panthers for a quarter and a half...then their top receiver got hurt. I quickly learned that the WR was vital to their team and the offense never moved the ball again that night. Panthers won and I never picked the Bulldogs in a game against a MI team again...which got me in 2013 when they stomped Limestone.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

Highland
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Highland » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:26 pm

Yeah he went on to play for Mckendree and had a successful career there. He is actually back on he coaching his staff for Highland to some capacity. Maybe Quarterbacks coach?

muss
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by muss » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:54 pm

Although Highland is a solid team, I still say they haven’t played anyone, even their first two playoff games should be cake walks, but I don’t see them getting past JCA or Hillcrest in their bracket and if they do I definetly don’t see them getting past Montini, Sycamore or Sterling, once they meet any of those teams, I think they are done, not only done but lose big, just my opinion, if I’m wrong I’ll gladly eat some crow.