Round 2 Playoff Scores

For the civil discussion of large school football.
dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Round 2 Playoff Scores

Post by dogsrus » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:44 am

I know there are a couple Sterling fans on here....what can you tell this Alumni about them??? I know they had the one loss but I thought I heard they had 3 top players out....????

Why are they destroying teams in the playoffs now....are they back to being healthy?

Thanks.....
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:48 pm

The first thing I would like to say, yesterday's game was one of the best high school football games I've ever seen (right up there with Metamora/Rochester several years back).

Second, I as well as most of this community, still haven't forgotten what SHG did for Washington 5 years ago.

With that said, the Washington Community did several things this weekend to show appreciation for everything that was provided to this community that was devastated. I was completely embarrassed with a few select Washington fans that Boo'ed SHG both times they ran on to the field as well as when they announced the line up. There was a sign that said Booooooooooooooooooo on it and 8 people down was a sign that said Thank You SHG!!!

I, like everyone else on the Washington side, wanted Washington to beat SHG and move this talented class further in the playoffs. But what was done was ungreatful and I would like to applogize for those select few because I should've said something to them myself.

What made it worse was there was a live feed right above that crowd. When I got home, I told my wife about what happened and she said she heard it watching the game on her Ipad. I went to church this morning and another person stated he heard all the booing as well. Just not right. What's worse is the radio station at the game was closer and everything was heard on there as well.

It showed as if Washington had no class.

Again, sorry for the select few but believe me there are many in this community that are and always will be thankful for SHG. SHG has a very talented class coming the next couple of years. I'm just glad we're in 6A now. SHG will be hard to beat in 5A. Good season and see you next season. And yes, even you Ratsy.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:42 pm

I was really hoping the students and some other fans wouldn’t do that. At least Katy T’s and Kep’s were apparently more hospitable from what I have heard
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:19 pm

Cristobal, you're great, humble Panther fan and a great, long time poster. You know me and how the past three seasons I've been on my high school football tour. Been a lot of places and experienced a lot of various teams fans. Just Friday night, while watching Normal West, there was one particular male fan, and a few others sitting with him, that thought his antics were funny, who on several occasions when a Shepard player was injured, mocked the player with dumb@$$ comments like "get the stretcher" and such and while the Shepard players were being attended to, one of which at the time seemed very serious, just kept running his pie hole. It was disgusting and embarrassing for Normal West, IMHO. So, trust me when I say this buddy, ALL PROGRAMS HAVE THOSE FEW @$$ HATS FOR FANS!!!!! The above is sadly just one glaring example of what I've seen.

PS .... Bet ya can't guess who our(Metamora) biggest terd fan is!?!? I think you know. :lol:
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:24 pm

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:19 pm
Cristobal, you're great, humble Panther fan and a great, long time poster. You know me and how the past three seasons I've been on my high school football tour. Been a lot of places and experienced a lot of various teams fans. Just Friday night, while watching Normal West, there was one particular male fan, and a few others sitting with him, that thought his antics were funny, who on several occasions when a Shepard player was injured, mocked the player with dumb@$$ comments like "get the stretcher" and such and while the Shepard players were being attended to, one of which at the time seemed very serious, just kept running his pie hole. It was disgusting and embarrassing for Normal West, IMHO. So, trust me when I say this buddy, ALL PROGRAMS HAVE THOSE FEW @$$ HATS FOR FANS!!!!! The above is sadly just one glaring example of what I've seen.

PS .... Bet ya can't guess who our(Metamora) biggest terd fan is!?!? I think you know. :lol:
I just might have an idea who that may be but you just can’t fix stupid.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:25 am

There is a segment on the HOI news this afternoon about “the play” Saturday.

muss
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by muss » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:52 pm

dogsrus wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:44 am
I know there are a couple Sterling fans on here....what can you tell this Alumni about them??? I know they had the one loss but I thought I heard they had 3 top players out....????

Why are they destroying teams in the playoffs now....are they back to being healthy?

Thanks.....
Well, for starters they got a great draw getting two CPL teams that I think anyone in the quarters would have beat in the same fashion, that almost never happens for Sterling including last year where they had exact opposite getting two CCL teams. Boylan Catholic will be the first tough team they will play this Saturday, as far as my opinion, I think they will make the semis again and the Montini game will be a toss up. Montini beat Sycamore in a close one, Sterling’s only loss was to Sycamore in week 9 There were some issues with the team that night and they were missing some kids including no their no 1 back that is still out,
Although Sycamore was a good team I think Sterling woukd beat them if they played again, Kaneland beat Sycamore and Sterling doubled up Kaneland, that said, The offense is playing exceptionally well, better than last year IMO and they have a lot of athletes instead of just one or two key players, while the defense is good but not as good as last year IMO, they bend sometimes, but still very fast. If Sterling’s gets by Boylan, I don’t think this Montini team is as strong as past Montini teams Sterling has seen in the playoffs, as long as the line play is tough in the next two games and they don’t make uncharacteristic mistakes I like Sterling’s chances this year.

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:48 pm

muss wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:52 pm
dogsrus wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:44 am

Thanks.....
Well, for starters they got a great draw getting two CPL teams that I think anyone in the quarters would have beat in the same fashion, that almost never happens for Sterling including last year where they had exact opposite getting two CCL teams. Boylan Catholic will be the first tough team they will play this Saturday, as far as my opinion, I think they will make the semis again and the Montini game will be a toss up. Montini beat Sycamore in a close one, Sterling’s only loss was to Sycamore in week 9 There were some issues with the team that night and they were missing some kids including no their no 1 back that is still out,
Although Sycamore was a good team I think Sterling woukd beat them if they played again, Kaneland beat Sycamore and Sterling doubled up Kaneland, that said, The offense is playing exceptionally well, better than last year IMO and they have a lot of athletes instead of just one or two key players, while the defense is good but not as good as last year IMO, they bend sometimes, but still very fast. If Sterling’s gets by Boylan, I don’t think this Montini team is as strong as past Montini teams Sterling has seen in the playoffs, as long as the line play is tough in the next two games and they don’t make uncharacteristic mistakes I like Sterling’s chances this year.
Thanks muss....!!!!
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.