Two Proposals

For the civil discussion of large school football.
GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Two Proposals

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:54 pm

Two football proposals among the IHSA's list of bylaw amendment proposals. They'll be discussed at town halls before decision is made which proposals go to statewide vote in December.

1st proposal expands playoffs to 384 teams, playoffs begin Week 9.

2nd proposal is districts.
IMHO, both $uck.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Two Proposals

Post by O&B 78 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:25 pm

NO #@*#$$&@#&#&# WAY are these a good idea :twisted:
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:49 pm

O&B 78 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:25 pm
NO #@*#$$&@#&#&# WAY are these a good idea :twisted:
Agreed and add #@§€¥#.

And if you are a good team, you lose a week of football. Outstanding idea!
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:02 am

I for one like the idea that they are at least thinking out of the box. Districts have been talked about for a while and the expansion is more aligned with what the NCAA is looking at. Again, not saying whether I agree but at least they are seeking input from everyone and not staying status quo.
go cubs go!

MidstateFan
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MidstateFan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:25 am

Remember that these are just part of twenty-some proposals up for discussion at the town meetings and the majority never make it to the balloting stage. The eight-week proposal has been up several times before and went nowhere.
The difference this year is that there seems to be some momentum for the District proposal, which I personally would hate. Lots of travel and you'd have only very limited choice of opponents for non-district games. (especially if you ended up in a nine-team district with a rotating open date.)
We'll see what happens. I don't think there will be any changes until 2020 at the earliest (not sure.)

94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Thumbs down to both. Going to divisions is trying to fix something that isn't broke. Expanding the playoffs is an awful idea. Why send a 4-5 team to a 9-0 team to get running clocked? I'm sure the answer would be "playoff dollars". But other than parents, who is really going to travel to watch the team you root for make the playoffs at 4-5 and travel to a 9-0 team for a VERY short game?

4Anorth
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by 4Anorth » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:40 pm

I know 2 teams from the NIB XII that were 4-5 this year that would travel well even to a 9-0 team and take there chances.Probably be better than some of the 1st round match ups we've seen the past few years. Geneseo and Morris.Two of the teams Morris beat this year are playing this weekend.You can throw the ESCC and CCL and several other conferences where teams that are 4-5 would have a chance of playing better games than we have now.

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:31 pm

... and now they're talking about moving Softball from the Spring to the Fall. Is there nothing the IHSA can't, and won't, @@@@@ up????
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:02 pm

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:31 pm
... and now they're talking about moving Softball from the Spring to the Fall. Is there nothing the IHSA can't, and won't, @@@@@ up????
So volleyball goes to spring?
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

MidstateFan
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MidstateFan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:49 pm

Yeah, it's silly, but within memory some small school baseball teams played in both the fall and spring before fall baseball was dropped. A split season might be a better option to playing in the snow in March, if you didn't already have volleyball, cross country, golf, swimming, and tennis for girls in the fall.

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Sadly, I believe that district play is going to be a reality in a few years... I hope they keep a nine game season no matter what. Several states that went with districts have gone to eight game seasons.