Large School POY

For the civil discussion of large school football.
GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Large School POY

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Surprised there hasn't been some chatter concerning this. Of course, maybe it's because this may not even be a contest.

Caleb Fisher, Washington Panthers. Dominant, outstanding athlete on both sides of the ball!!

Who else in the area would garner consideration???
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

Bballnut
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Re: Large School POY

Post by Bballnut » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:21 am

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:17 pm
Surprised there hasn't been some chatter concerning this. Of course, maybe it's because this may not even be a contest.

Caleb Fisher, Washington Panthers. Dominant, outstanding athlete on both sides of the ball!!

Who else in the area would garner consideration???
Because of all the lopsided games the Panthers had, not sure his QB stats match up with prior winners at the position. Heck, not sure he'll even be all conference QB 1st team as there are some pretty good players at the position. Having said that, he's my mvp on a very good team and has showed his talents in the post season.+ he's a very good DB. He gets my vote although Guedet may get some votes too along with Hall from Metamora
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

superfan309

Post by superfan309 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 am

I would vote for Caleb also. Now Sammy Walters probably has the numbers compared to the rest of the pack that on their own probably qualify. But my eye test on both sides of the ball picks Caleb. Did anyone see him lock down 1X1 the WR from Dunlap to 0 or 1 receptions? He is a crazy leader too.

bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bigdaddystuck » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:53 am

I would agree that Caleb is a great leader but since these things are usually decided by the stat line and I don't know if he will have the numbers for that. I think that Walters would have the offensive numbers for sure as would Hall. I wouldn't have an issue with any of those 3. I'd also think that Donald from Morton would have some rushing yardage and tds to put him in the discussion as well.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner.
Vince Lombardi

MadHatter555
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by MadHatter555 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:40 pm

MVP of the best team in the area gets the spoils, and that is Caleb Fisher. In a season where they played few close games, he was the difference in the ones that were close. At Metamora, his running and passing proved to be the difference in a tight game. By now, you have all seen "the play", which was as athletic of a play by a QB you will see at this level. I would argue that with out his epic performance throughout the game, they would be done. Sam is a great, and deserving player on both sides of the ball, and in some ways Caleb benefitted from the attention he received. When the chips were down, it was Caleb who was the difference maker, regardless of the stats. Being from Washington, I only saw the other candidates in games where they were beaten, and I would say both Hall and Donald are very good players with maybe better stats. The Panthers record speaks for itself, and #14 is the man most responsible.
:td

bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bigdaddystuck » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:49 am

Winner is Caleb Fischer of Washington, Congrats!
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner.
Vince Lombardi

bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bigdaddystuck » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:49 am

Winner is Caleb Fisher of Washington, Congrats!
Vince Lombardi

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:03 pm

Well deserved :td
I read the back of the Book, You lose.