Simeon alumni, parents suing IHSA due to 'blatant cheating' in loss to Nazareth

For the civil discussion of large school football.

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Simeon alumni, parents suing IHSA due to 'blatant cheating' in loss to Nazareth

Post by CIS » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:19 pm

Crazy story - I had heard he was actually dressed as a ref for the game? :D Seriously, don't know if it's true but if it is why is he showing up as a ref for a game he's not a ref in? The email thing seems like a fake account but who knows? Tempers and accusations fly over stuff like this but its worse when it's a black/white thing. You know if the IHSA sees its going to be a black team against a white team, maybe they can get a mixed group of refs to officiate the game. I don't know. I hope they get to the bottom of this...always something going on the last few years in the football playoffs...

Bobby Thigpen
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Re: Simeon alumni, parents suing IHSA due to 'blatant cheating' in loss to Nazareth

Post by Bobby Thigpen » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:33 pm

CIS wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:19 pm
Crazy story - I had heard he was actually dressed as a ref for the game? :D Seriously, don't know if it's true but if it is why is he showing up as a ref for a game he's not a ref in? The email thing seems like a fake account but who knows? Tempers and accusations fly over stuff like this but its worse when it's a black/white thing. You know if the IHSA sees its going to be a black team against a white team, maybe they can get a mixed group of refs to officiate the game. I don't know. I hope they get to the bottom of this...always something going on the last few years in the football playoffs...
He's in several of the photos and the video on the article posted by the OP.

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:20 pm

That kind of blows my mind - why would show up at a game your son is playing in wearing your ref outfit? I have never heard of anything like this.... :shock:

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:27 am

.... and of course the IHSA does nothing.
The father spoke to the referees and stood on the sidelines and in a referee-only area, the suit alleges. The complaint included what it said were screenshots of the father responding to the ensuing criticism online. He wrote, according to the suit: “I did what was needed to make sure Naz won” and “I didn’t make one bad call. I made sure the best team won.”
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

The Truth Be Told
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by The Truth Be Told » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:36 am

.Step son by the way. Here is the Ihsa response.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html