Coaching News:

For the civil discussion of large school football.
GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Coaching News:

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:44 pm

Walters let go at BCC.

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/high- ... user-share

This is just so freaking odd. Walters resigns from Bloomington, takes an ***. Basketball job at BCC, BCC ram rods a HOF coach(Moews), hires Walters, fires Walters. :shock: :shock:

Lockport has decided not to renew the contract of football coach Dan Starkey. Starkey compiled a 15-31 record in five years with the Porters with one playoff appearance.

I saw Lockport two times last year. Against NLP & PND. Both entertaining games.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Coaching News:

Post by deejay » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:32 pm

AD Hud Venerable forced out long time coach and BCC supporter Moews in favor of his friend and coaching buddy Wolters. Caused a big time issue and player defections. Rather than lose his job, Hud threw Wolters under the bus. Plain and simple. Sorry Wolters should have seen this coming.
go cubs go!

The Truth Be Told
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by The Truth Be Told » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:37 am

. Accepting the BCC job with so few players available was dicey at best for anyone taking the HC position. I'm sure expectations even with those low numbers available were still expected. The Saints have a long rich tradition of football success.

Years ago I worked around a BCC fan that commuted to the agency everyday. He was a diehard Saint fan as is all of their fan base. (I was told) I believe when football season came around we talked more about our respective teams and how they were doing than working. (lol) One can only wonder going 0-9 how much irrational rants by the fanbase played in the decision of releasing a new coach after one year.

On a separate note BCC will not be multiplied for the next two seasons. Their new 2 year cycle enrollment is 324. One never can be too sure until the 256 playoff qualifiers are announced among the eight classes where a team will land class wise. Should the Saints turn the program around and manage to eek out five wins and qualify they could be in the playoffs class 2A. That would be interesting.

quince

Post by quince » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:10 am

BCC has already hired the replacement. Wow. Lots of knives going into the backs of coaches at that place.

I’m guessing the back channeling started the night they lost to Olympia.

With that said, I have 0 sympathy for Joe Walters. Looks to me like karma caught up to him.

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:09 pm

quince wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:10 am

With that said, I have 0 sympathy for Joe Walters. Looks to me like karma caught up to him.
That's exactly the first thought that came to my mind as well quince.

Just a very odd situation altogether. Had heard Football may not even happen next Fall if things didn't change. Apparently the powers-to-be heard same maybe????
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!