Round 1 Playoff Scores

For the civil discussion of large school football.
User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 15532
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Post 'em here.

Jubby Tumbo
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by Jubby Tumbo »

Halftime score

Peoria 54
Shepard 36

User avatar
JD
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6383
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:59 pm
Location: Heartland

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by JD »

Washington lost 20-16
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

Jubby Tumbo
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by Jubby Tumbo »

End of 3rd

Peoria 62
Shepard 50

User avatar
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Posts: 585
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:57 am

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by Cristobal »

Jubby Tumbo wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:00 pm
End of 3rd

Peoria 62
Shepard 50
78-58 so far. That’s a lot of points for a playoff game in 6A.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

MidstateFan
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:14 am

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by MidstateFan »

Reminds me of the 91-70 Dee-Mack vs. Chicago Hope playoff game in 2016.

Jubby Tumbo
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by Jubby Tumbo »

78-58 Final

cutter752
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:25 am

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by cutter752 »

Mid Ilinin way down this year as usual powerhouse washington gets beat. As usual, IHSA Playoff scores are not on their site....What would it take for the IHSA to hire someone to post scores soon after the games, Duh.

User avatar
GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World
Posts: 3376
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:22 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by GoBirdsGo II »

cutter752 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:37 am
As usual, IHSA Playoff scores are not on their site....What would it take for the IHSA to hire someone to post scores soon after the games, Duh.
In all the sports, it's my understanding the AD's of each home site are provided a code to enter scores on IHSA. No scores, not IHSA fault. Again, as I understand it.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 15532
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Other scores from around the state last night:

4A
Marengo 48, Manteno 0
Fairbury Prairie Central 35, Olney Richland County 14

5A
Chicago St. Rita 49, Glen Ellyn Glenbard South 14
Country Club Hills Hillcrest 18, Burbank St. Laurence 15
Sterling 56, Chicago Heights Marian 14

6A
Lake Forest 21, Belvidere North 14
Maple Park Kaneland 41, Crystal Lake Central 13

7A
Arlington Heights Hersey 49, Rockford Auburn 0
Carol Stream Glenbard North 35, Lisle Benet Academy 8
Chicago Mt. Carmel 61, Blue Island Eisenhower 14
Downers Grove North 35, Des Plaines Maine West 14
Wheaton Warrenville South 50, Machesney Park Harlem 23
Mt. Prospect Prospect 55, DeKalb 53
Normal Community 36, Burbank Reavis 14
Villa Park Willowbrook 48, Moline 21
Yorkville 37, Thornton Fractional South 0

CIS
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3967
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by CIS »

Pekin down 21-7, a little too much speed for Pekin at this point...but Pekin just scored on another long pass so they are hanging in there 21-13. Good job thus far against a very fast team. One thing though, Thornton does not a lot of players, depth could be a problem for them in the second half if Pekin can hang around

CIS
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3967
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by CIS »

Morton down 21-0 at half. Tough matchup with Joliet Catholic, wish they had a different school in the first round

young guns
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:47 am
Location: Morton/East Peoria

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by young guns »

Not looking good for Morton today.
I hope in the next couple years they come with some plays for Glatz other than handing off up the middle.
Anyway good season for the Potters!

CIS
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3967
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by CIS »

Pekin gave it a game, down 28-19 late before turnover and easy score for Thornton, 35-19. Just like Pekin, Thornton was on a hot streak with five game win streak. Great season for Pekin who finishes 6-4 and co-champs in the MI. Unless Dunlap wins over Rocky (20-18 right now so Eagles have chance) Mid Illini will be 0-4 in playoffs. I must say though, all of these games were against tough opponents, no easy games among Thorton, Joliet Catholic, Oak Lawn and Rock Island

User avatar
blownfuse
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by blownfuse »

CIS wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:21 pm
Pekin gave it a game, down 28-19 late before turnover and easy score for Thornton, 35-19. Just like Pekin, Thornton was on a hot streak with five game win streak. Great season for Pekin who finishes 6-4 and co-champs in the MI. Unless Dunlap wins over Rocky (20-18 right now so Eagles have chance) Mid Illini will be 0-4 in playoffs. I must say though, all of these games were against tough opponents, no easy games among Thorton, Joliet Catholic, Oak Lawn and Rock Island
Is there such a thing as a easy game when you get into the playoffs?
2017 large school pick-ems grand champion

User avatar
soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 12077
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:26 am

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by soccerforever »

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:24 am
cutter752 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:37 am
As usual, IHSA Playoff scores are not on their site....What would it take for the IHSA to hire someone to post scores soon after the games, Duh.
In all the sports, it's my understanding the AD's of each home site are provided a code to enter scores on IHSA. No scores, not IHSA fault. Again, as I understand it.
You are correct.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
It's based on if you liked or didn't like their music...

CIS
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3967
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by CIS »

blownfuse wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:41 pm
CIS wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:21 pm
Pekin gave it a game, down 28-19 late before turnover and easy score for Thornton, 35-19. Just like Pekin, Thornton was on a hot streak with five game win streak. Great season for Pekin who finishes 6-4 and co-champs in the MI. Unless Dunlap wins over Rocky (20-18 right now so Eagles have chance) Mid Illini will be 0-4 in playoffs. I must say though, all of these games were against tough opponents, no easy games among Thorton, Joliet Catholic, Oak Lawn and Rock Island
Is there such a thing as a easy game when you get into the playoffs?
Yes for some there are....when you are 9-0 or 8-1 and get a CPS team (outside of Philips) or some 5-4 non -catholic league team that barely made the playoffs. Thus you see some really lopsided scores in the first rounds.

User avatar
blownfuse
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by blownfuse »

CIS wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:30 pm
blownfuse wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:41 pm
CIS wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:21 pm
Pekin gave it a game, down 28-19 late before turnover and easy score for Thornton, 35-19. Just like Pekin, Thornton was on a hot streak with five game win streak. Great season for Pekin who finishes 6-4 and co-champs in the MI. Unless Dunlap wins over Rocky (20-18 right now so Eagles have chance) Mid Illini will be 0-4 in playoffs. I must say though, all of these games were against tough opponents, no easy games among Thorton, Joliet Catholic, Oak Lawn and Rock Island
Is there such a thing as a easy game when you get into the playoffs?
Yes for some there are....when you are 9-0 or 8-1 and get a CPS team (outside of Philips) or some 5-4 non -catholic league team that barely made the playoffs. Thus you see some really lopsided scores in the first rounds.


This is true but mainly in the northern brackets that are stacked. Going back to 6 classes and straight seeding would help with that but thats another topic.
2017 large school pick-ems grand champion

Arlarsen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:29 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by Arlarsen »

IVC wins 31-22 over Taylorville in a mistake filled game with refs who thought they were the show. Game lasted just shy of 3 hours. More penalties than I have ever seen, including 2 or 3 between plays several times.

muss
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by muss »

blownfuse wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:41 pm
CIS wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:21 pm
Pekin gave it a game, down 28-19 late before turnover and easy score for Thornton, 35-19. Just like Pekin, Thornton was on a hot streak with five game win streak. Great season for Pekin who finishes 6-4 and co-champs in the MI. Unless Dunlap wins over Rocky (20-18 right now so Eagles have chance) Mid Illini will be 0-4 in playoffs. I must say though, all of these games were against tough opponents, no easy games among Thorton, Joliet Catholic, Oak Lawn and Rock Island
Is there such a thing as a easy game when you get into the playoffs?
Yes

User avatar
GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World
Posts: 3376
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:22 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by GoBirdsGo II »

Arlarsen wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:41 pm
IVC wins 31-22 over Taylorville in a mistake filled game with refs who thought they were the show. Game lasted just shy of 3 hours. More penalties than I have ever seen, including 2 or 3 between plays several times.
As I stated in an earlier thread, in regards to high school football this year, I went as far North as Coal City, as far South as Chatham, as far West as Havana and as far East as ElPaso. Went to 3 playoff sites this weekend and have been two half dozen college games this year. By far the most chaotic half of football I've seen this year by an officiating crew. Had both sides fans, players & coaches in a frenzy. I wish I would have timed how long it actually took to play the last two minutes of the first half. I was standing at the gate when the officials left the filed at halftime and reentered for the second half. You could tell they really thought they were something special and had big time authority complexes. Arlarsen, just look at the way they threw their flags!?!?!? They literally launched them into the air as if to say, "Look at me, I threw a flag!!!!!!" Those clowns really thought they were something special and clearly we all paid $5 to see them. They even threw an old man out, a Veteran, who was sitting by the gate entrance, who was within ear shot of them when they exited the field, after saying something sarcastic to his daughter(maybe grand daughter). I'm not sure which was more pathetic, the head official who wanted him tossed or the IVC official that actually followed through with his wishes.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 15532
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Yesterday's other scores from around the state:

4A
Benton 8, Salem 7
Murphysboro 20, Bethalto Civic Memorial 14
Coal City 49, Chicago Phoenix 0
Columbia 56, Roxana 28
Effingham 55, Breese Central 13
Elmhurst IC Catholic 28, Chicago Sullivan 0
Genoa-Kingston 44, North Chicago 0
Kankakee Bishop Mac 34, Paris 14
Richmond-Burton 56, Chicago Urban Prep/Bronzeville 6
Stillman Valley 32, Dixon 6
Tolono Unity 42, Clinton 14
Wheaton St. Francis 45, Chicago Clark 0

5A
Highland 21, Cahokia 20
Mascoutah 40, Carbondale 28
Oak Park Fenwick 21, Chicago Payton 17
Aurora Marmion Academy 41, Chicago Amundsen 12
Kankakee 30, Peoria Notre Dame 23
Lombard Montini 56, Elmwood Park 6
Troy Triad 55, Marion 28
SHG 43, Morris 35
Joliet Catholic 42, Morton 7
Mt. Zion 31, Decatur MacArthur 30 (F/OT)
Rochester 68, LaSalle-Peru 26
Rockford Boylan 49, Chicago Hyde Park 0
Sycamore 59, Evergreen Park 7

6A
Antioch 57, Chicago Mather 0
Cary-Grove 41, Chicago St. Ignatius 13
Chatham Glenwood 56, Danville 20
Chicago Simeon 34, Lake Villa Lakes 3
Chicago Kenwood 20, Riverside-Brookfield 14
Crete-Monee 50, Midlothian Bremen 14
Crystal Lake Prairie Ridge 51, Grayslake North 6
Deerfield 35, Crystal Lake South 0
Rock Island 28, Dunlap 18
East St. Louis 44, Chicago Morgan Park 0
Lemont 52, Springfield High 14
New Lenox Providence Catholic 19, Normal West 14

7A
Batavia 49, South Holland Thornwood 8
Chicago Phillips 30, New Lenox Lincoln-Way West 24
LaGrange Park Nazareth Academy 47, Libertyville 6
Rockton Hononegah 43, Fox Lake Grant 17
Rolling Meadows 33, Chicago Lincoln Park 12
Lake Zurich 14, Tinley Park Andrew 7

Arlarsen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:29 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by Arlarsen »

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:55 am
Arlarsen wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:41 pm
IVC wins 31-22 over Taylorville in a mistake filled game with refs who thought they were the show. Game lasted just shy of 3 hours. More penalties than I have ever seen, including 2 or 3 between plays several times.
As I stated in an earlier thread, in regards to high school football this year, I went as far North as Coal City, as far South as Chatham, as far West as Havana and as far East as ElPaso. Went to 3 playoff sites this weekend and have been two half dozen college games this year. By far the most chaotic half of football I've seen this year by an officiating crew. Had both sides fans, players & coaches in a frenzy. I wish I would have timed how long it actually took to play the last two minutes of the first half. I was standing at the gate when the officials left the filed at halftime and reentered for the second half. You could tell they really thought they were something special and had big time authority complexes. Arlarsen, just look at the way they threw their flags!?!?!? They literally launched them into the air as if to say, "Look at me, I threw a flag!!!!!!" Those clowns really thought they were something special and clearly we all paid $5 to see them. They even threw an old man out, a Veteran, who was sitting by the gate entrance, who was within ear shot of them when they exited the field, after saying something sarcastic to his daughter(maybe grand daughter). I'm not sure which was more pathetic, the head official who wanted him tossed or the IVC official that actually followed through with his wishes.
First time I saw a penalty called (on Taylorville) during a timeout. First time I ever saw penalties called on 4 consecutive plays. They were calling motion and offsides penalties on NFL-level tiny flinches. Most of the time we couldn’t see anything at all from the stands. Funny when the crowd cheered wildly after a play was run late in the first half without a penalty. I doubt the refs even knew that the cheer was for NOT calling a penalty on a play.

Cappy
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by Cappy »

Talk about woulda shoulda coulda. Mac Arthur fails on five two-point conversions and loses by a point.

superfan309
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Re: Round 1 Playoff Scores

Post by superfan309 »

Scrolled through all the bracket scores. Almost every single 5-4 team was simply waxed. Please don't expand the field.

Post Reply