Morton Coach Joal Stanfield

For the civil discussion of boys and girls tennis.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Morton Coach Joal Stanfield

Post by deejay » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Boys Varsity Coach Joal Stanfield was rushed to Methodist Hospital today after collapsing at home. Joal is still being evaluated and has not regained consciousness. Please pray for Joal. Joal and Kylee are parents of three small children.
go cubs go!

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Morton Coach Joal Stanfield

Post by deejay » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:56 pm

Joal remains in very critical condition. He is still unconscious and doctor's are hopeful that he will make it through the night so they can run critical tests in the morning. Continued prayers are needed for Joal and his family.
go cubs go!

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Thanks Adam for posting in the PJS the article on Joal. So sad that a vibrant life and a great person can be taken away from us so quickly.
go cubs go!

tknup
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tknup » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Prayers for the family in Joal's passing today.

Age 34 with 3 young kids. Lots of prayers for them.

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:22 pm

:( .... my heart aches for his family.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:41 pm

This is a tough, tough time for everyone. I am not sure I have ever seen an entire town mourn. Yesterday I lost a dear friend who I drank coffee with everyday for the past 5 years, then my aunt passed away today, and now Joal tonight. In the end, we will all get through this.
go cubs go!

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:32 am

This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:32 am

deejay wrote:This is a tough, tough time for everyone. I am not sure I have ever seen an entire town mourn. Yesterday I lost a dear friend who I drank coffee with everyday for the past 5 years, then my aunt passed away today, and now Joal tonight. In the end, we will all get through this.
Sorry to hear about all the heartbreak your family has gone through this past week. :cry:
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:21 pm

Morton girls opened their season with a rain-shortened victory over Limestone.

The Limestone girls arrived with a heartfelt sympathy card for the Morton girls & boys tennis teams. Pretty classy.

Words cannot express what Joal meant to so many people. I am better for having him in my life these past few years.

I also think a couple other special people should be commended for their display of resolve, strength and support of the Morton tennis kids. Jon Wheat and Pete Martin have been so supportive of all the current and past Morton tennis players these past several days (actually these past several years). A special thank you to Jon and Pete for helping this current group of students navigate these difficult days.
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:52 am

Am very sorry to hear about this. Though I did not know him personally he seemed like such a great person who ran a classy program at Morton. My heart goes out to his family, friends, students and Morton community as this great loss...

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:52 pm

illini25 wrote: A special thank you to Jon and Pete for helping this current group of students navigate these difficult days.
Jon and Pete are definitely class acts. Proud to call Jon "friend". Actually, he's more like a brother.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:04 am

Morton at PND. Irish girls sporting red ribbons in support of Lady Potters. Bravo.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Culvers helping with a fundraiser at Richwoods at Morton girls match on Monday.

We invite you to please join us Monday, September 8th at the
MHS Home Tennis Court beginning at 3:30pm.

In memory of Mr. (Coach) Stanfield, MHS Student Council has teamed up with the Skinner Family and Culver’s to host a fundraiser event in honor of the Stanfield Family.

Vanilla and Chocolate Custard will be served.

100% of all donations collected will be placed in one of the accounts established for the Stanfield Family!

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:38 pm

Great turnout by locals and others. Kudos to Richwoods team and parents for their generosity. Over $3000 was raised in the benefit. Thanks to Culvers for donating the frozen custard.
go cubs go!