Whats going on?

For the civil discussion of boys and girls soccer.
STL
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Re: Whats going on?

Post by STL »

As a long-time PND parent and fan - in all fairness one of my sons played for them - I don't quite understand the stance toward the coaching staff. I think the program is extremely lucky to have a staff of such character. They play hard and they play clean. Its a program to be proud of.

soccerSD
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by soccerSD »

I don't believe that I ever said the staff didn't have character. I stated that I THOUGHT, they put more emphasis on rankings, which, especially in high school, are suspect, which I BELIEVE has led to some overconfidence at times. I to have direct ties to PND soccer, so I am not an outsider casting slings and arrows. I root for several professional teams and I am always looking for ways the teams could have or should have been better. No person or team can get better without some real or perceived flaws being corrected. This, my friends, is one of the biggest reasons this forum has all but died. If anyone doesn't agree, or isn't 100% rah rah for their team, that person suddenly is wrongheaded and called out for their opinions. Yes, OPINIONS, yours is what it is and that is ok. Mine is what it is , and that should be ok. Notre Dame has a great high school soccer program. It was, is and for the future, will be the class of the region and the state. They have always had a great bunch of coaches. Someone asked the question what happened and I stated an OPINION. Sorry it did not align with everyone else. If your OPINION is that the team and coaches should never have any criticism and only praise, that is your OPINION and is perfectly fine. And yes, it is a program to be proud of....we agree...an OPINION!!

FutbolFan
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by FutbolFan »

Opinions are great to hear, but when you degrade a group of coaches as being a bunch of "cheerleaders" that is going to their abilities as coaches. My OPINION is that any group of coaches that can take a program to 3 state titles and along with other numerous state trophies must have SOME coaching abilities. Of course this is just my OPINION that happens to be backed by facts.

soccerSD
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by soccerSD »

Perhaps futbol fan should read others posts before posting an OPINION. I said Notre Dame has always had a great bunch of coaches. Never said they couldn't coach. For someone that claims to be such a supporter, one might think that they would know that Notre Dame has 4 state championships, not 3. But of course, that is just an opinion, backed up by facts.

FutbolFan
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by FutbolFan »

If you read my post carefully, you will see that I was saying that THIS coaching staff has 3 State titles. Of course I know how many championships PND has. Anyone would know if they see the four stars on the uniforms and tee shirts that are at every game.

JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

Please relax and stick to discussions not insults.
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”