Notre Dame Loses Opener

For the civil discussion of boys and girls soccer.
soccerSD
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Notre Dame Loses Opener

Post by soccerSD »

I can't believe that no one has posted on last nights opening loss to Champaign Central. I have my own thoughts on what I saw and feel, but am going to wait, to see if I am in the minority or majority. I will say this now.. the Irish have some work to do if they continue playing this caliber of teams...which they will.

Peoriasports2
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Re: Notre Dame Loses Opener

Post by Peoriasports2 »

The level of soccer that is played in the Peoria area is just simply not as good as it used to be! There is way to much separation of players on the massive variety of clubs and independent teams in the area. No team has all the high level players. Everyone level of player suffers. Until the Peoria area defines itself with one club that is interested in developing good quality soccer...we are not going to see the level of soccer that we are used to. It has been declining in recent years and now here we are. Sad situation.

soccerSD
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Re: Notre Dame Loses Opener

Post by soccerSD »

You are right about the club situation in Peoria and surrounding areas. This isn't a new problem, as this has been the case for years. Ego, money, facilities and more ego have proved to be the downfall of combining clubs into one powerful area club. That being said, club soccer isn't affecting PND, as it always reloads year after year with usually the best the area has to offer. I just see some glaring deficiencies which could derail them more than a few times this year. Of course one game in, things could change later.