Morton Blaze Soccer Club

For the civil discussion of boys and girls soccer.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Morton Blaze Soccer Club

Post by deejay »

Is there anyone that posts here have any updated information on this issue? My understanding is that whoever took over the program did not have enough Morton residents on the team (per by-laws) and were told that they couldn't use the Morton facilities any longer without payment. As a result, a large long standing tourney over Labor Day in Morton was canceled and the team now is in flux after 20 seasons of playing soccer here.
go cubs go!

Gdawg1095
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Re: Morton Blaze Soccer Club

Post by Gdawg1095 »

As far as I know, the park district wanted to require 2/3 Morton residents. This is due to the fact that the Morton soccer program is now getting less and less players due to blaze being filled with people from other places. I heard that only 2 two teams could meet the requirement, but I would assume it will get fixed. IMO, the best way to do this is by making it a requirement at the younger age groups and then moving it up as they get older, making teams of 14 year olds that are already almost a set team before tryouts every year now turn into all Morton kids is not really possible.

Soccer101
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Soccer101 »

All I know is that Morton's best players on the high school team are over at CISA, Which is the club program where most the PND guys go too. Apparently the u17 and 18 Blaze teams were over ran with Pekin and East Peoria kids this last spring.

1 yard short
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by 1 yard short »

Morton blaze should just move to either Pekin or East Peoria. Both towns struggle in soccer and both towns have very nice soccer fields/soccer complex. This would then lead to Morton boys playing JGSA or creating a new Morton team. Blaze to Pekin using Koch street fields would be awesome. Blaze recruiting kids from the unknown number of Pekin schools. Program may not win at first but I guarantee they see numbers and have continued success. Pekin soccer talent on the rise currently at the high school level will pull in more kids
Give them all a trophy for their effort. :lol:

soccer1776
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by soccer1776 »

Pekin... LOL

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS »

soccer1776 wrote:Pekin... LOL
Pekin might not have a good program but they did beat Morton this past week and tied Dunlap....

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS »

1 yard short wrote:Morton blaze should just move to either Pekin or East Peoria. Both towns struggle in soccer and both towns have very nice soccer fields/soccer complex. This would then lead to Morton boys playing JGSA or creating a new Morton team. Blaze to Pekin using Koch street fields would be awesome. Blaze recruiting kids from the unknown number of Pekin schools. Program may not win at first but I guarantee they see numbers and have continued success. Pekin soccer talent on the rise currently at the high school level will pull in more kids
There's no reason a town the size of Pekin shouldn't strive to have their own soccer program...what Pekin needs is a soccer guru that would put program together.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Found out today that the tourney was moved to Mossville and is scheduled now for next weekend. Talked to one of the former vendors today. Said he was paying 15% of his profits to the park district in Morton. When he was contacted by Peoria Park District for the Mossville tourney, he was told Peoria wanted 30% of his profits, plus a setup fee. He told them no thanks!
go cubs go!