Playoffs

For the civil discussion of boys and girls soccer.
FutbolFan
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Re: Playoffs

Post by FutbolFan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:58 pm

The IHSA could care less about a good matchup. Their main concern is trying to get more public schools into the final four and that's why they have ND playing in the supersecional where Wheaton Academy would be waiting. Unfortunately for the IHSA, three of the four final four teams were private schools. I wonder if they will try to get ND, Wheaton, St.Joes and Viator into the same regional. That should get them to their goal of more public schools in the final four.

QC_POY_1994

Post by QC_POY_1994 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:24 pm

The IHSA should be concerned with the disproportional amount of private schools that get to the state finals year in and year out especially in 2A soccer. And before you say public schools need to get their programs in order, I wish you would realize (remember) that is not the problem. Their mission statement reads “The IHSA governs the equitable participation in interscholastic athletics and activities that enrich the educational experience.” Key word being EQUITABLE. The way things are right now they are far from equitable. The multiplier does not do squat except for hurt 2A publics instead of 1A. No-boundary (Private) schools do not have to follow the same rules as boundaried (Public) schools do. These rules, allow the quality players from different communities who play club ball together in junior high, to get together and play high school soccer together at a private school. They can’t do this at a public school. I would think PND would appreciate the success factor rule, after all they are always seeking out the best competition?

soccer1776
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by soccer1776 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:47 pm

QC_POY_1994 wrote:The IHSA should be concerned with the disproportional amount of private schools that get to the state finals year in and year out especially in 2A soccer. And before you say public schools need to get their programs in order, I wish you would realize (remember) that is not the problem. Their mission statement reads “The IHSA governs the equitable participation in interscholastic athletics and activities that enrich the educational experience.” Key word being EQUITABLE. The way things are right now they are far from equitable. The multiplier does not do squat except for hurt 2A publics instead of 1A. No-boundary (Private) schools do not have to follow the same rules as boundaried (Public) schools do. These rules, allow the quality players from different communities who play club ball together in junior high, to get together and play high school soccer together at a private school. They can’t do this at a public school. I would think PND would appreciate the success factor rule, after all they are always seeking out the best competition?
boo hoo

soccerSD
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by soccerSD » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:05 am

well said soccer 1776..well said!!!

pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Post by pndbaseball12 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:42 pm

QC_POY_1994 wrote:The IHSA should be concerned with the disproportional amount of private schools that get to the state finals year in and year out especially in 2A soccer. And before you say public schools need to get their programs in order, I wish you would realize (remember) that is not the problem. Their mission statement reads “The IHSA governs the equitable participation in interscholastic athletics and activities that enrich the educational experience.” Key word being EQUITABLE. The way things are right now they are far from equitable. The multiplier does not do squat except for hurt 2A publics instead of 1A. No-boundary (Private) schools do not have to follow the same rules as boundaried (Public) schools do. These rules, allow the quality players from different communities who play club ball together in junior high, to get together and play high school soccer together at a private school. They can’t do this at a public school. I would think PND would appreciate the success factor rule, after all they are always seeking out the best competition?
Because public schools NEVER have questionable transfers :roll:
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda

TigerFan7
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by TigerFan7 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:41 pm

There have been two state champions who were public schools in the last five years who were 2A. Chicago Washington and Chicago Mather. Wheaton and PND have claimed the other 3. Last year was an all public school final. If the IHSA is so concerned about public and private success then have two state tournaments. Try to have the 4 best teams in the state at the state tournament. Don't determine who wins state by a game on a tuesday night in Dekalb or Romeoville every year. I understand if the teams are the two best in the state and are within 30 miles of each other but Wheaton and PND are about a 3 hour drive from each other. Don't understand why they play in the super together.

FutbolFan
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by FutbolFan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Maybe private schools should complain that only public schools were in the final four of the 3A this year. Where are the complaints from private schools where public schools dominate boys sports like swimming, gymnastics, basketball, cross country, tennis, track & field and volleyball? I sure haven't seen anybody complain about ND's football program keeping area public schools advancing lately. But, I'm sure they will start now that ND is having an excellent year. Only in 2a soccer and some of the classes in football do private schools seem to have a clear edge year after year. ND soccer really doesn't have an off season. Their off season includes weight lifting, open gyms, indoor soccer and then travel team soccer before the next season starts. The amount of time these players and coaches put into their successful program is unmatched in this area and this is why in the last 8 years ND has been not only a dominant local team, but a State power that receives national rankings. Yes, they have the best talent in the area, but that talent is utilized to the maximum with quality results. Everything they have achieved has been earned through sweat equity.