Building the Complete Player

For the civil discussion of girls basketball.
gbbfan1
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)

Building the Complete Player

Post by gbbfan1 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:00 pm

gbbfan1

Re: Building the Complete Player

Post by gbbfan1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:26 pm

Players looking for a role model..............Katie Lou Samuelson
http://www.swishappeal.com/2016/12/29/1 ... ance-uconn

gbbfan1

Post by gbbfan1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:29 am

The size of your heart is all that counts.
Gabby Williams, 5'11" UCONN F led the #1 ranked Huskies to their 100th consecutive win Monday over #6 ranked 21-2 South Carolina.
Going up against South Carolina All-American 6'5" Aj'a Wilson: 26 pts., 14 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals.

"The difference between a really good player and a great player is great players don't get tired. What makes them great is when good players get tired, the great players kick their #ss."

"We're not here to coach your energy level and your effort, that's a given. You wouldn't be here if I had to coach that. That's what other coaches do. We don't do that."-Geno Auriemma, Head Coach UCONN Women's Basketball

gbbfan1

Post by gbbfan1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:59 am

The most important part of being a complete player is being a good teammate.

"The greatest compliment to any player is 'He's a great teammate'. We can't all be great players, but we can all be great teammates."- Jay Bilas.
"The best teammates build-up-not tear down; they encourage-not discourage; they help- not hinder; they walk with-not in front of their teammates.-Jay Bilas.

"Teamwork is what makes common people capable of uncommon results".-Pat Summit.

“Kids inherently want to be good teammates….most kids when they’re on a team…..you go watch seven year-olds or eight year-olds, they wanna be good teammates, you watch ‘em play…..When they get a little bit older, and they start having a little more success, and then the parents get involved, they become not-so-great teammates……Me, me, me…..I didn’t score, so why should I be happy, I’m not getting enough minutes, so why should I be happy?.....I try, when we go recruiting, to identify those kids who have a tremendous interest in being great teammates. We’re not always successful. I’ve had guys who were really hard to coach…..and you can trace that, generally, to the parent-without question.” Geno Auriemma

“Me, we, my coaching staff, put a huge premium on body language, and if your body language is bad, you will never get in the game. Ever. I don’t care how good you are…….When I look at my team, they know this. When I look at game film, I’m checking what’s going on on the bench, and if somebody’s asleep over there, somebody doesn’t care, somebody’s not engaged, they will never get in the game. Ever. And they know that. They know I’m not kiddin’. Geno Auriemma

gbbfan1

Post by gbbfan1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Eleven Thoughts About Teamwork
http://masseybasketball.blogspot.com/