Potters

For the civil discussion of girls basketball.
JD
All Universe
All Universe

Potters

Post by JD »

Back and forth but after giving up a 17-7 run in 3rd qtr. the Potters defeat Richwoods
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

young guns
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Re: Potters

Post by young guns »

Congrats Lady Potters!
That might have been the title game.

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Lady Potters will take on Bishop Mac (24-11) Monday in the Coal City Supersectional.

The only other Supersectional involving downstate 3A teams will be Effingham vs. SHG at UIS.

GoBirdsGo II
All Universe
All Universe

Post by GoBirdsGo II »

Tell me Bob Becker, Morton Potter's Girl's Basketball coach, isn't one of the Top 5 coaches, any sport, boy's or girl's, in the state and I'll gladly call you a fool!!!! What a freakin' amazing coach & program!!! Amazing assistants as well!!!
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

This weekend's schedule:

11:00 AM: Morton vs. LaGrange Park Nazareth Academy
1:00 PM: SHG vs. Glen Ellyn Glenbard South

S&JB
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by S&JB »

Throughout the entire season, not a word. Waiting for the result of the Richwoods game. All of a sudden, jumping on the bandwagon with both feet-known as bandwagoners.

JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

S&JB wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:12 am
Throughout the entire season, not a word. Waiting for the result of the Richwoods game. All of a sudden, jumping on the bandwagon with both feet-known as bandwagoners.
No one on this thread said a single thing about being a Potter fan. The posts gave a game update and schedule for state. Where are the "bandwagon" posts you are talking about?

gbbfan1
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)

Post by gbbfan1 »

JD wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:01 pm
S&JB wrote:
No one on this thread said a single thing about being a Potter fan. The posts gave a game update and schedule for state. Where are the "bandwagon" posts you are talking about?
Realize that this is a troll. By reacting, you allowed him to achieve his goal of being recognized and creating agitation. It only encourages him to continue. Ignoring these people is the most effective way to shut them up.

JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

gbbfan1 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:48 am
JD wrote:
S&JB wrote:
Realize that this is a troll. By reacting, you allowed him to achieve his goal of being recognized and creating agitation. It only encourages him to continue. Ignoring these people is the most effective way to shut them up.
Should I reply to your or not then? ;)

No, I realize his point. I just like to point out the fact that it's literally the worst view on this ever. Nothing was close to what he was suggesting.

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

JD wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:02 pm
gbbfan1 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:48 am
JD wrote:

GBG would be the closest post but IF you know GBG you would know that’s not true.

Should I reply to your or not then? ;)

No, I realize his point. I just like to point out the fact that it's literally the worst view on this ever. Nothing was close to what he was suggesting.
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Dogs taught me all I know on how to post...or maybe Lefty :oops:
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bigdaddystuck »

S&JB wrote:
The original poster is a graduate of Morton. He has a sister that is a former Lady Potter and record holder. He has 2 nieces that are former players,1 of them a Lady Potter great that went on to play in college. Far from a bandwagon fan.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner.
Vince Lombardi

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

Morton wins 65-51 to advance to the championship game.
#girldad

JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

Mike Radigan wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:54 pm
Morton wins 65-51 to advance to the championship game.
Were down 11-4. Great last 3 quarters.

Braveman
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Braveman »

Playoffs? You talking playoffs?

Nice to see the ole alma mater do well.

My first job in media was covering Lady Potters back in the Cindy Baumgarner days, with Scott Replinger as coach...

Go Lady Potters!
“The powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?”

bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bigdaddystuck »

Potters win 35-21!! 4th time in 5 years! This senior class was 24-1 in their postseason career. What an accomplishment and amazing careers for those girls!
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner.
Vince Lombardi

young guns

Post by young guns »

I didn’t get to see any of the game just watched the score updates. It must have been more of a defensive battle.
Way to go Lady Potters!!
:score :champ

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

A lot of upset locals when Comcast went to the Bulls pregame. Most didn’t realize Comcast Plus carried the last 5 minutes and post game. Nevertheless, IHSA should not allow that too happen.
go cubs go!

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

deejay wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:25 pm
A lot of upset locals when Comcast went to the Bulls pregame. Most didn’t realize Comcast Plus carried the last 5 minutes and post game. Nevertheless, IHSA should not allow that too happen.
IHSA would have no say in it. The Bulls (although they didn't play today so I'm going to assume you meant the Blackhawks) would be higher priority for NBC Sports Chicago.

Don't be surprised if the 2A games next weekend get bumped to NBC Sports Chicago Plus as both the Bulls and Blackhawks will be playing 7:00 PM start time games Friday and Saturday.

young guns

Post by young guns »

If the IHSA wants to promote high school athletics they need to go back to broadcasting state tournament games over the air. Some of us don’t have and don’t want cable.