Mid-Illini 2019-20

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Mid-Illini 2019-20

Post by illini25 »

crkamm wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:05 pm
But is he still allowed to coach that game from the locker room? I thought that wasn't allowed.
Officials don’t monitor locker rooms.
Has Kathy Griffin been arrested?
What a talentless, attention starved person.

crkamm
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by crkamm »

illini25 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:11 pm
crkamm wrote:
But is he still allowed to coach that game from the locker room? I thought that wasn't allowed.
I'm aware of that. My question goes more to the IHSA reaction when the official or Washington AD brings the article to their attention.

(I almost wrote "the PJStar calls the IHSA for a reaction", but it's local sports news so they won't care)
THE LEGEND! As crowned by Johnny Mac
Scientifically proven to be 1.84 X more intelligent than the "Officially recognized Smartest Poster on the Boards".
jmc wrote:you were advanced for your age.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

crkamm wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:28 pm
illini25 wrote:
crkamm wrote:
I'm aware of that. My question goes more to the IHSA reaction when the official or Washington AD brings the article to their attention.

(I almost wrote "the PJStar calls the IHSA for a reaction", but it's local sports news so they won't care)
If it comes to mind I will get an answer for you this week.

Question for you. Why would the Washington AD contact the IHSA?

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

illini25 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:13 pm
crkamm wrote:
illini25 wrote:

He has contact with an IHSA official everyday
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

O&B 78 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:40 pm
illini25 wrote:
crkamm wrote:

Why complain to IHSA about another team’s coach? Apparently Washington and Quincy have a good relationship as this is the third (at least) year in a row they’ve played.

Edit: Humor?

Still think there’s no need for a complaint to the IHSA.

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

illini25 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:33 pm
O&B 78 wrote:
illini25 wrote:

Why complain to IHSA about another team’s coach? Apparently Washington and Quincy have a good relationship as this is the third (at least) year in a row they’ve played.

His wife is an Executive Assistant Director at IHSA. And yes no reason for Washington to complain about a halftime talk. Likely happens every game a coach gets ejected to the locker room
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

O&B 78 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:35 am
illini25 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:33 pm
O&B 78 wrote:

His wife is an Executive Assistant Director at IHSA. And yes no reason for Washington to complain about a halftime talk. Likely happens every game a coach gets ejected to the locker room
I know. Susie did a very good job running IHSA state tennis tournament. Then she went somewhere else and it dropped off a bit. Not sure if she runs tennis again now that she’s back.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Morton has a shootout on Saturday, with Tremont and DeeMack both playing . Not sure of their opponents. Morton plays the nightcap. A good chance to see local talent at one sight.
go cubs go!

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

deejay wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:53 am
Morton has a shootout on Saturday, with Tremont and DeeMack both playing . Not sure of their opponents. Morton plays the nightcap. A good chance to see local talent at one sight.
From what I could find online, it looks like Dee-Mack is playing Okaw Valley and Tremont is playing Mt. Pulaski. The host Potters are facing Geneseo.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

The shootout on Saturday has been canceled due to weather.
go cubs go!

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS »

Pekin loses again (four in row) as Metamora wins easily tonight by ten. Redbirds have a really good team this year. Both teams have one loss in league play but they are heading in different directions. As I said in earlier post, the Dragons have not played well for a three weeks now. They struggled in all four games at the Christmas tournament. The team seems to have one really bad quarter in every game and can't score. Against Washington at the tourney, Pekin had first quarter lead and then didn't score a single point in the second quarter. Against Chatham-Glenwood (a pretty good team) last week they led at the half but then scored like 4 points in third quarter. Tonight the Dragons led 11-6 after first but were outscored 14-1 in the second quarter. I don't know what the answer is but the team sure goes through some really long ice cold shooting streaks. I think more was expected by this senior laden bunch who returned the top seven of eight players from last years 17 win team. The Dragons play Notre Dame next and that will be a loss which will give team five game losing streak. After 8-1 start the team is going south really fast. Hopefully the coaching staff can fix some things and get the team back on a winning track...

CosmoK
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by CosmoK »

Morton was leading East Peoria 37-21 late in 3rd quarter. Morton wins 50-48 with a basket at the buzzer.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Pekin 41 EP 28
Morton 39 Limestone 38
Washington 40 Metamora 39

CosmoK
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by CosmoK »

Dunlap vs Canton - cancelled on 1/17 due to weather

Unofficial Standings
Pekin 5-1
Morton 5-1
Washington 5-2
Metamora 4-2
East Peoria 3-4
Limestone 2-4
Canton 0-5
Dunlap 0-5

***** If I am wrong, please correct

RedDevil
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by RedDevil »

Great site to check standings, scores, etc. You can check by conference, sub-sectional etc.
Use the spreadsheet link!
http://www.enerstar.net/bball/

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

CosmoK wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:08 am
Dunlap vs Canton - cancelled on 1/17 due to weather

Unofficial Standings
Pekin 5-1
Morton 5-1
Washington 5-2
Metamora 4-2
East Peoria 3-4
Limestone 2-4
Canton 0-5
Dunlap 0-5

***** If I am wrong, please correct
Interesting 2nd half of the season.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Pekin on a win streak after wins over Richwoods and Macomb.

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS »

illini25 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:01 am
One thing I don't like is that Pekin had to take a break this weekend because of Limestone playing in the Metamora tournament. As I understand it, Pekin allowed Limestone to switch their game with Pekin to next Saturday so the Rockets could be in the Metamora tourney. The problem is that first, Pekin now has to play back to back conference games on the road next weekend (Friday-Saturday). It's not always easy to win on the road but now Pekin must travel on two straight nights. Secondly, Pekin, after a little slump, has played very well in their last three games (all three blow outs) and the team seem to be clicking on offense and defense. But now comes a ten day layoff...that's hard to suddenly stop playing for ten days in the middle of the season. I guess the good new is that an injured player might be able to rest and come back (don't know of any injured players at this time. Maybe the ten days will give the whole team a rest and energy for second half of season. Or the team could be rusty after ten days and play poorly Friday night. Hopefully none of this matters and Pekin plays well next weekend...we'll see.

oftenrunning52
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by oftenrunning52 »

CIS wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:01 pm
illini25 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:01 am
One thing I don't like is that Pekin had to take a break this weekend because of Limestone playing in the Metamora tournament. As I understand it, Pekin allowed Limestone to switch their game with Pekin to next Saturday so the Rockets could be in the Metamora tourney. The problem is that first, Pekin now has to play back to back conference games on the road next weekend (Friday-Saturday). It's not always easy to win on the road but now Pekin must travel on two straight nights. Secondly, Pekin, after a little slump, has played very well in their last three games (all three blow outs) and the team seem to be clicking on offense and defense. But now comes a ten day layoff...that's hard to suddenly stop playing for ten days in the middle of the season. I guess the good new is that an injured player might be able to rest and come back (don't know of any injured players at this time. Maybe the ten days will give the whole team a rest and energy for second half of season. Or the team could be rusty after ten days and play poorly Friday night. Hopefully none of this matters and Pekin plays well next weekend...we'll see.
Dunlap 45 Pekin 40
Dunlap Eagles
2011 and 2012 Mid-Illini Boys Cross Country Champions
2012-2019 Mid-Illini Girls Cross Country Champions
2014 3rd place and 2016 2nd place Girls 2A IHSA Cross Country
2017 Girls IHSA Cross Country State Champions

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS »

Well hats off to Dunlap who beat Pekin last night, I believe it was Dunlap's first conference win. I will say the Eagles have been playing much better the last several weeks. Pekin beat Dunlap by 25-30 points back in December. I will say that I think the TEN day layoff did affect Pekin. Yes, Dunlap deserves the win and outplayed Pekin but the Dragons were rusty last night and seem to run out of gas the last half. Tonight Pekin barely got by Limestone after being down at the half. In fact Limestone outscored Pekin 24-9 in second quarter after being down by nine in first quarter. A gutty win pulled out by the senior laden team. Overall not a great weekend for Pekin but at least they split the road games - could have been much worse. Hopefully the team next year is not put in this position again. Maybe the Dragons can get back on track after this weekend. One of the problem with Pekin is you don't which team you are going to get offensively each game - hot shooting or ice cold, there seems to be no in between. Pekin has six conference games left with four of those at home. Next weekend is huge with Morton and Canton coming to Pekin. Dragons are 6-2 in league while Morton is 8-1 with only loss to Pekin. Hopefully a big crowd next Friday and the Dragons are hot from outside. At this point I look for Pekin to finish 9-5 in the league. I see two losses from Metamora-Washington-Morton and possible upset loss between Limestone-East Peoria. Overall though, the league seems to have a tight race at this point with four teams in the mix. I think while Pekin fades a bit, that Metamora, Washington and Morton are going to have a heck of a battle for first. Washington and Metamora young guys are really playing well...

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Some big games this week. Pekin at home with Morton, then Washington at Morton on Saturday.
go cubs go!

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Correct me if I’m wrong but we should have a four way tie for first after tonight. That’s if Pekin won.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

CosmoK
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by CosmoK »

Pekin 58 Morton 31
East Peoria 58 Canton 54
Limestone 55 Metamora 54
Washington 75 Dunlap 34