Manual get anyone back yet?

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
Burr
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Manual get anyone back yet?

Post by Burr »

Just wondering if Manual got any potential returnees back. Will they. This is two years of high school missed for Youngman. Too bad. Great kid!

Guest01
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Re: Manual get anyone back yet?

Post by Guest01 »

Word is Youngman will be back for Richwoods.
RDW should be back shortly thereafter.

deadguy35
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by deadguy35 »

Manual beat Central by 32 points last night after losing to them earlier in the year. I had no idea that AY made that big of a difference. It will be interesting to see what they can do when RDW returns.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20170125/m ... eoria-high
Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.

Norm@Hickory
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Norm@Hickory »

[quote="deadguy35"]Manual beat Central by 32 points last night after losing to them earlier in the year. I had no idea that AY made that big of a difference. It will be interesting to see what they can do when RDW returns.

Me either deadguy35, but I don't know if I can recall ever seeing a team changed so much so fast by the mere presence of 1 player. I saw Central throttle Manual at the Den earlier this season. Just 2 weeks ago saw Manual struggle vs. a real bad PND team and Rams looked like a jv team. Last night Manual looked like a legit state contender. AJ Youngman's leadership and enthusiasm really jumped out at me last night and appeared to be equally as lethal as his 3 point jump shot. Reading the paper this morning, it looks as though RDW will be making his return soon, wow!

Of the area teams I've seen this season I had Washington as #1, Central #2, and Morton #3 until last night, I would put the Panthers as a distant 2nd behind the Rams now. I just saw this same Central team easily handle Morton by 10 points about 2 weeks ago if that is any indication.

Melo98
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Melo98 »

People think scoring a lot means a player is great, but making every player around you look better is the true sign of a great player. The kid is a Division 1 player for a reason.

deadguy35

Post by deadguy35 »

It certainly looks like he's happy to be back :lol: It's got to be nice to be back after sitting out for so long.

Adding RDW could make Manual dangerous in the postseason.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20170124/m ... ium=social

Melo98
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Melo98 »

[quote="deadguy35"][img]http://i.makeagif.com/media/1-25-2017/Ae5-Hx.gif[/img]

It certainly looks like he's happy to be back :lol: It's got to be nice to be back after sitting out for so long.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20170124/manuals-romon-douglas-watkins-set-to-return-this-week-to-practice?rssfeed=true&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social[/quote]

That lil video is dope!!

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Holy crap Manual, great game tonight!
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

deadguy35

Post by deadguy35 »

Manual beat #2 Springfield Lanphier without AJ Youngman? I can't figure this team out. It sounds like Miller and Brooks are playing really well.

http://www.sj-r.com/sports/20170128/gri ... ions-85-69

Norm@Hickory
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Norm@Hickory »

[quote=deadguy35 post_id=1472362 time=1485703474 user_id=7008]
Manual beat #2 Springfield Lanphier without AJ Youngman? I can't figure this team out. It sounds like Miller and Brooks are playing really well.

http://www.sj-r.com/sports/20170128/grizzled-manual-ambushes-no-2-ranked-lions-85-69
[/quote]

Yes, it was a great game for Manual. Brooks has really grown up under fire this season, & I thought that the speed of Brown was most instrumental in this game as the Lanphier bigs could not stay with him as he repeatedly slashed to the basket. I am glad to read that it was illness and not injury to Youngman, someone said that he had re-injured his back the night before and was out for the rest of the season. Any updates on Douglas-Watkins?

deadguy35

Post by deadguy35 »

Manual lost its third straight game last night. I'm guessing that RDW is still not playing?

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/high-s ... a025f.html

RDW is really in a tough spot here. He had some fringe D1 offers and teams probably want to see him play before the Spring signing period. I'm sure he wants to play ASAP but I thought all along it'd be tough to come back from an ACL injury that occurred in July. You'd hate to see him rush back and get hurt again.

Norm@Hickory
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Norm@Hickory »

Been told that Youngman out for the season with knee injury sustained in last game. Anybody else heard anything?

Norm@Hickory
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Norm@Hickory »

[quote=deadguy35 post_id=1472035 time=1485373140 user_id=7008]
[img]http://i.makeagif.com/media/1-25-2017/Ae5-Hx.gif[/img]

[/quote]

Deadguy35 you seem to be in the know at Manual, a fairly reliable source tells me that Youngman suffered a season ending knee injury during the last game? I've seen nothing in the newspaper to confirm that. Also, what's the status on RDW, is he coming back before the post-season? I don't want to fill out my bracket until I know, thanks

deadguy35

Post by deadguy35 »

Norm@Hickory wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:51 am
deadguy35 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:39 pm

Deadguy35 you seem to be in the know at Manual, a fairly reliable source tells me that Youngman suffered a season ending knee injury during the last game? I've seen nothing in the newspaper to confirm that. Also, what's the status on RDW, is he coming back before the post-season? I don't want to fill out my bracket until I know, thanks
Norm,

I live in Naperville so I really don't have any insight to offer. I hope AJ is okay and that RDW returns soon but I really don't know. All of the information I get is from the internet or social media. They've got a couple of games this weekend so we'll see if either player is available.

Norm@Hickory
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Norm@Hickory »

[/quote]

Norm,

I live in Naperville so I really don't have any insight to offer. I hope AJ is okay and that RDW returns soon but I really don't know. All of the information I get is from the internet or social media. They've got a couple of games this weekend so we'll see if either player is available.
[/quote]

Thanks for the response, Naperville is a nice suburb, and they play some pretty good ball up that way. I've been there many times in my day. I guess we'll have to find out in the morning paper, although the sports section just isn't what it once was. I'm heading to the class 3A girls Morton vs. Central regional championship game tonight at Central. It should be a darn good game. Tomorrow night I'm taking the wifey out to eat to justify how many nights I'm going to be gone over the next month watching all the madness. Have a good weekend sir.

deadguy35

Post by deadguy35 »

AJ Youngman did play in last night's win over Rock Island. That snaps a four game losing streak for Manual.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20170218/m ... d-programs

RDW still appears to be out. Maybe they are saving him for the postseason? Honestly it might be best to hold him out for the rest of the year. It's just been slightly under 7 months since he tore his ACL. I'm sure he's anxious to get back out there but you have to be concerned about him coming back too soon from a very serious injury.

Norm@Hickory
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Norm@Hickory »

[quote=deadguy35 post_id=1474360 time=1487520974 user_id=7008]
AJ Youngman did play in last night's win over Rock Island. That snaps a four game losing streak for Manual.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20170218/m ... d-programs

RDW still appears to be out. Maybe they are saving him for the postseason? Honestly it might be best to hold him out for the rest of the year. It's just been slightly under 7 months since he tore his ACL. I'm sure he's anxious to get back out there but you have to be concerned about him coming back too soon from a very serious injury.
[/quote]

Thank you Deadguy. My kids played soccer, and I always hated seeing kids get injured no matter what team they played for. I feel about the same as you on RDW. From what I understand he does not currently have a scholarship, if he comes back & Manual has another deep run in the state tournament he could get one? Is it worth risking another injury? Manual lost 88-75 Friday at Champaign Central with Youngman sitting out. Gentleman at last nights Manual vs. Rock Island game, said AJ he was told that he had sprained a ligament in his knee joint a week ago, but that he looked great last night, as did Manual. Back surgery, and now a sprained knee, I don't know if I would be letting him play right now if he was my son? He already has a scholarship, what's the point of him playing right now? I respect the kids heart and toughness, but question the parents intelligence, just saying?