3A Sectional Matchups

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Re: 3A Sectional Matchups

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:41 pm

thank you for your support! We love Washingtoon also we not going anywhere...My 5 yrs old plans on being better than his brother(his words)...that will satisfy some people that at least he's homegrown :D

Hwhitelow76

Post by Hwhitelow76 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:38 pm

To be crystal clear Coach Brown's words about his parents/dad bringing Devin to him & telling him he is yours to make better is quite simple. My fiancé, Kia...Devin's dad has coached Devin & helped mold him into a great basketball player. Once we moved to Washington, Kia was confident that coach could take over & continue to mold Devin. The statement to coach was made to let the new coach know we as parents wouldn't interfere with what the coach needed to do to make Devin a better player. Kia could now just be a proud father watching his son play.

I was born & raised in Washington & when we decided to blend our families & get married we carefully considered what community & school district to move to. We chose Washington for many reasons. EVERYONE has a right to move to any town they like! We bought our home & plan to grow old here. So the comments about recruiting couldn't be anymore false! Nobody approached us...we chose to move here. PERIOD! I have a lot of family here & my son Bryson played football for Washington for 3 years, yet nobody has made a comment about him being a transfer of being recruited! Know your facts before you speak on the matter! 😡

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:40 pm

You want to see homegrowns increase there playing time then encourage some toughness...reduce isolating them to their small communities...give the kids some money to play aau....get out help teach the fundamentals of the game..Go to Peoria and Chicago and play against or with the inner city kids..instead of thinking they are entitled.

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:08 pm

I enjoyed Watching Devin the last 4 years. He has always been a good leader. You both did a great job and were very supportive.

By the way, your little one is awesome. My wife and I really enjoyed watching him at the games. Great boy.

With all his energy, I expect we'll see him play in the years to come.

Devin, thanks for everything,

Caleb's dad.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

WILSON1
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by WILSON1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Good discussion! My only question was why was race brought into it? It really has no bearing at all. People were questioning why it appeared that lots of transfers were playing for Washington that's all.

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:52 pm

WILSON1 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:10 pm
Good discussion! My only question was why was race brought into it? It really has no bearing at all. People were questioning why it appeared that lots of transfers were playing for Washington that's all.
My question to is, why would individuals transfer?
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

WILSON1
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by WILSON1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Cristobal wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:52 pm
WILSON1 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:10 pm
My question to is, why would individuals transfer?
Not sure what your question has to do with mine, but I assume transfers happen because families decide to relocate to another location.

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:35 pm

i dont believe I was the 1st to bring race up..we are talking bout predominately white communities wchs and limestone mostly(homegrown & privileged). the majority of those that moved into those communities are black families(transfers)...side note there are pockets of zip codes in Peoria that feed into limestone. I'm willing to bet that majority of the poster are white males. lets be real..So this forum is dominated by whom? This recruiting and transfer talk snowballed by those same individual. Why, because of the influence (which is power) by the majority who dominate the board...I told you why we moved to Washington. I cant speak for everyone...but again its really no one business...the better ? is y people don't transfer to pekin, Morton, Metamora, Canton, east Peoria & Dunlap. Washington is more attractive than all the others school depending on what u seek for your family. Im not turning this into a race debate but from my position after reading the comment on this entire board its smells funny to me...that my opinion

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Thank you for answering question brought forward by Brown's comments.

I don't recall anyone else mentioning race. Maybe someone can find a post that does?

Metamora was discussed quite a bit last year.

As I've stated many times, the real issue is illegal recruiting which there is no evidence of that I know. No problem with moving communities.
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:54 pm

its was all lumped together...transfers and recruiting. No one brought race up like I did..& I explained how I came to that conclusion and opinion..when a certain kid went to manual there wasn't the whole talk of illegal stuff happening but asa kids go to Washington or limestone its illegal recruiting. Now ill retire from this here forum cuz im not in the majority don't want to be either...cuz you guys never see anything but ur own positions. you guys cant get back to your fantasies..

birdsht
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by birdsht » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:18 pm

I believe u did an excellent job defending kids in general. The majority of things posted by a few of the regulars are completely negative and do not do anything but create hate and discontent. It's pretty sad when adults hide behind screen names to bash kids. Shouldn't the forums celebrate the successes of the kids rather than ridicule and draw negative attention to them? The best part is and mr Whitlow hit this right on the head. If u are a regular poster u can say all the negative stuff u want but if u are a sometimes poster u have no right to post and are called a troll. Really? If u are a regular poster u can bash and say negative things but then say oh but nothing wrong with it. That's called a back handed compliment and is ridiculous and completely negative once again. Hey people- celebrate the successes of kids regardless of where they come from. I mean home grown? Really? Are we building walls here too? Pretty sure this forum wasn't created to bash kids and families and if that is what the future of the site is? it should be shut down. If u want to bash, bad mouth, and draw negative conclusions go to the political forums and leave the kids alone they didn't sign up for any of this.

Bballnut
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Bballnut » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:22 pm

illini25 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:43 pm

I don't recall anyone else mentioning race. Maybe someone can find a post that does?

As I've stated many times, the real issue is illegal recruiting which there is no evidence of that I know. No problem with moving communities.
Look above. Wilson1 asked about race because I believe Whoa discussed diversity in one of his posts...which btw, Whoa had a right to.

My point in all this is that there is more than basketball involved...families have moved which is a BIG thing to do
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

jmc
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by jmc » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:31 pm

So does all of this discussion mean that the next time one of those private schools beat a public school in any sport, there will be no complaining about the unfairness of the situation. ;) Private schools don't recruit, have great programs/coaches that draw students to their school, are predominately made up of students from the immediate area, and have strong academic standards. Sounds like WCHS and MTHS to me. :)

Bballnut

Post by Bballnut » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:52 pm

jmc wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:31 pm
So does all of this discussion mean that the next time one of those private schools beat a public school in any sport, there will be no complaining about the unfairness of the situation. ;) Private schools don't recruit, have great programs/coaches that draw students to their school, are predominately made up of students from the immediate area, and have strong academic standards. Sounds like WCHS and MTHS to me. :)
Except ONE major difference...families don't have to move to the school district
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

WILSON1
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by WILSON1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:58 pm

Bballnut wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:22 pm
illini25 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Look above. Wilson1 asked about race because I believe Whoa discussed diversity in one of his posts...which btw, Whoa had a right to.

My point in all this is that there is more than basketball involved...families have moved which is a BIG thing to do
I asked why Whoa brought race into the discussion. His first post mentioned "white privilege" and he hinted strongly that race was the only reason we were discussing this situation. Before his first post I had no idea the ethnicity of any of the kids that transferred.

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:22 pm

All this started from posts of fans of the co-champion team complaining about recruiting.
My thanks to the Whitelows for sharing their son with us the last 4 years. It's been fun.
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:45 pm

birdsht wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:18 pm
I believe u did an excellent job defending kids in general. The majority of things posted by a few of the regulars are completely negative and do not do anything but create hate and discontent. It's pretty sad when adults hide behind screen names to bash kids. Shouldn't the forums celebrate the successes of the kids rather than ridicule and draw negative attention to them? The best part is and mr Whitlow hit this right on the head. If u are a regular poster u can say all the negative stuff u want but if u are a sometimes poster u have no right to post and are called a troll. Really? If u are a regular poster u can bash and say negative things but then say oh but nothing wrong with it. That's called a back handed compliment and is ridiculous and completely negative once again. Hey people- celebrate the successes of kids regardless of where they come from. I mean home grown? Really? Are we building walls here too? Pretty sure this forum wasn't created to bash kids and families and if that is what the future of the site is? it should be shut down. If u want to bash, bad mouth, and draw negative conclusions go to the political forums and leave the kids alone they didn't sign up for any of this.
Agree with lots of your post but certainly not the part about defending kids when posts included comments about kids being soft and some of those mentioned in terms of recruiting were not worth the chance of being caught recruiting.

I don't think that is defending kids.
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

jmc
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by jmc » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Bballnut wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:52 pm
jmc wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:31 pm
Except ONE major difference...families don't have to move to the school district
That doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:03 pm

Whoa wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:54 pm
its was all lumped together...transfers and recruiting. No one brought race up like I did..& I explained how I came to that conclusion and opinion..when a certain kid went to manual there wasn't the whole talk of illegal stuff happening but asa kids go to Washington or limestone its illegal recruiting. Now ill retire from this here forum cuz im not in the majority don't want to be either...cuz you guys never see anything but ur own positions. you guys cant get back to your fantasies..
Actually there were many complaints about another transfer for the kid, Dad being overbearing, and even thoughts expressed around original decision to pick Morton on return to the area being driven because Brown wouldn't put up with Dad's influence. I really don't care either way because as long as you live in the district, the rules are the rules, but the carping about it in this case was hardly unique.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

Baseball Junkie

Post by Baseball Junkie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Was a pretty good game to watch. Washington played about as good as they could of i think. Bloomington just had more talent and Friday night talent won. Washington played very hard and was hampered by some turnovers in 1st half. Bloomington dint shoot the ball very well at all i thought. Anybody have comment on the traveling calls? I bet their was 8 of them,mostly againt Bloomington. But the final one was on Washingtons big man right under basket with 1 minute left and trailing by 1 or 2. It was gonna be a wide open layup. Very bad free throw shooting by Bloomington. Peyton kid might of went 0 for 6 before making one.

JMil684
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by JMil684 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:58 pm

There were no complaints by Bloomington on any of the travel calls, so I'm guessing they probably were good calls.

Bloomington is a team that plays fast and in order to do that, you have to look past mistakes.

Hard to play 100 mph in a sectional championship and not travel a few times.

MJ45
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by MJ45 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:43 pm

Race doesnt have anything to do with it. Success does. People have complained about Metamora and Washington recruiting a lot. But I've also seen Manual basketball and lately like Central accused of recruiting. Not everything has to do with race. This complaint comes because of success

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:02 am

MJ45 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:43 pm
Race doesnt have anything to do with it. Success does. People have complained about Metamora and Washington recruiting a lot. But I've also seen Manual basketball and lately like Central accused of recruiting. Not everything has to do with race. This complaint comes because of success
^ This!
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
It's based on if you liked or didn't like their music...

Bocceballchampion
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Bocceballchampion » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:37 am

After looking at the 3A assignments, the sub-sectional A has got to be the weakest in a longgg time. I think I'll pass. Head to Pekin's (Host) 4A sectional games instead....

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Bocceballchampion wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:37 am
After looking at the 3A assignments, the sub-sectional A has got to be the weakest in a longgg time. I think I'll pass. Head to Pekin's (Host) 4A sectional games instead....
Just about anyone can win the regional, sectional and super sectionals with DeKalb. Really there isn't a team that stands out. A final four can come from this area easliy.