3A Sectional Matchups

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
Bballnut
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Re: 3A Sectional Matchups

Post by Bballnut » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:09 pm

illini25 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:04 pm
Bballnut wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:46 pm
illini25 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:19 pm

So what's sophomoric about asking when Whitelow came to Washington when Brown said Whitelow was brought to him?

Legit question especially since Brown specifically said a kid was brought to him so Brown could make him better.
The family bought a home in Washington prior to high school. What is so hard to get about that? The town has went from 10,000 to 15,000 + in a very short time. Of course there are athlete transfers, but many, many more, are not. Personally I think this is more of an anti Washington sentiment than anything. Where was the angst last year when Metamora was filled with transfers? Dunlap has very few "homegrowns" with their growth but few care because they've not been competitive. Didn't Morton have Sara Livingston...was she homegrown? Didn't Morton have the Youngman kid enroll for awhile until the fit wasn't right. Schools have little choice but to accept these transfers
Nothing hard to get. I was curious since Coach Brown himself said "he was brought to me" to make him good.

If Washington supporters can't see why there are questions then you just have a deaf ear to why there are those commenting about the trend.
You suppose the "brought to" me could be his parents?
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:19 pm

Bballnut wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:09 pm
illini25 wrote:
Bballnut wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:46 pm

The family bought a home in Washington prior to high school. What is so hard to get about that? The town has went from 10,000 to 15,000 + in a very short time. Of course there are athlete transfers, but many, many more, are not. Personally I think this is more of an anti Washington sentiment than anything. Where was the angst last year when Metamora was filled with transfers? Dunlap has very few "homegrowns" with their growth but few care because they've not been competitive. Didn't Morton have Sara Livingston...was she homegrown? Didn't Morton have the Youngman kid enroll for awhile until the fit wasn't right. Schools have little choice but to accept these transfers
Nothing hard to get. I was curious since Coach Brown himself said "he was brought to me" to make him good.

If Washington supporters can't see why there are questions then you just have a deaf ear to why there are those commenting about the trend.
I'm guessing it was his parents based on Brown's comments about family. What does that have to do with anything?

I think the thing the Washington support system is missing here is there is a difference between transferring and recruiting. I've not said the players were recruited. In fact, I've posted before they weren't since I'm friends with a Washington basketball coach.

But if you want to keep denying transfers have happened I will be glad to devote some time to investigating the situation more fully and putting my findings in the proper hands.
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

Bballnut

Post by Bballnut » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:33 pm

illini25 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:19 pm
Bballnut wrote:
illini25 wrote:

I'm guessing it was his parents based on Brown's comments about family. What does that have to do with anything?

I think the thing the Washington support system is missing here is there is a difference between transferring and recruiting. I've not said the players were recruited. In fact, I've posted before they weren't since I'm friends with a Washington basketball coach.

But if you want to keep denying transfers have happened I will be glad to devote some time to investigating the situation more fully and putting my findings in the proper hands.
I don't think any of us have denied that transfers are happening. However, the underlying theme from several others is that the school personnel is behind it . Just view the MID Illini thread. That's what is bogus unless your investigation reveals otherwise. If so, the school should be punished.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Bballnut wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:33 pm
illini25 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:19 pm
Bballnut wrote:

I don't think any of us have denied that transfers are happening. However, the underlying theme from several others is that the school personnel is behind it . Just view the MID Illini thread. That's what is bogus unless your investigation reveals otherwise. If so, the school should be punished.
I think there are some who have tried hard to indicate transfers haven't happened. I agree there are those who claim recruiting has happened.

I usually only post when posts are made that are obvious attempts at diversion. In this case, I was curious about Whitelow based on Coach Brown's own statement.

I don't think anyone can deny transfers have happened in a fairly significant amount. I agree there is no reason to think it's due to illegal recruiting at this point in time.
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:52 pm

I don't know when the Whitelows showed up in town but they brought his sister that's a non basketball playing sophomore with them. I've never denied transfers come, but I do believe there is no illegal recruiting going on.
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:16 am

Domination+Mystification(LIES)+Isolation leads to Alienation then Distress.

Sincerely Kia Whitelow
Devin Whitelow is not a transfer and was not recruited.
We will have had four kids graduate from WCHS
Another start at Central this year
REasons for this post White privilege and softness..

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:24 am

ive read a lot of comments on this board...its seems a lot of folks hate the idea of people moving into their communities from Peoria/canton..i would agrue u also support building walls

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:33 am

we chose Washington for a simple reason...it fit are kids educational needs and the kids who competed in sports needs

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:34 am

But we are not homegrown...well my soon to be wife is

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:34 am

being homegrown does not entitle you to play at any level in any town...skill does

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:41 am

kids that love basketball don't quit because of a tough coach or they don't like a coach. Brown is a tough guy who loves his kids very much. He a teddy bear off the court.

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:43 am

o&B you can vouch that im who I say I am because u offer me a seat by u at the game Friday nite

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:56 am

The recruiting subject is the funniest though...cause if a coach was going to recruit kids the ones that have ben mentioned certainly are not the more talented of kids that would be worthy of getting in trouble for doing it

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:57 am

oh we moved to Washington during Devin 8th grade year..

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:03 am

why do people care if a family transfers and moves into a community..? Why is Washington benefiting for Peoria? Maybe because the Dub is more open to a diverse community where as other communities are not... I do have experience in this area and history of pekin and Morton and even Metamora are not as open to diversity.

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:10 am

I played bball in high school and college..so I know softness when I see it...& that is the reason we had only one senior this year and kids quit playing..One of are kids played footbally for three years...he said coach for football are no better the only difference is your so far away you cant hear what they say to the kids.

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:29 am

Yes I took my kid to brown...I also talked of him going to Washington while he was in 8th grade..i started the rumor only it was the truth because I got a lot of question from ptown where he was going to school at...truthfully he could have went to any school in Peoria because he was a quality student. that alone would have allow him to attend any school in the district by choosing one of the programs different school offered...Would that be recruiting by 150? That how it works now! you don't have to live in the high school address area...

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:34 am

Peoria plays the same transfer game only no one talks about it cuz their communities don't take a perceive L from it..but asa kid transfers to Washington limestone or dunlap someone want to mention it

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:43 am

Washington is our home...My 5yr old start at Central this year..start basketball this fall...he wont be isolated from the Peoria & Chicago basketball scene..& he will be tough enough to take constructive criticism from any coach...its called being coachable.
Last edited by Whoa on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:45 am

lets see how long this stays up before someone gets soft or offended and has all my post taken down

Bballnut

Post by Bballnut » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:06 pm

:xclaphands :zappl

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Let me correct myself, I cant say every kids that has quit playing at WCHS is because they were soft..but I would say the love of the game, the work and commitment required wasn't appealing to them

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:26 pm

which translates to younger kids getting an opportunity to perform on varsity

Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:28 pm

I wasn't supportive of devin playing varsity his freshman year..didn't think he was ready...that's why im not paid to coach and brown is

buddyholly
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by buddyholly » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:33 pm

As a Panther fan I am gonna miss Devin Whitelow a lot. I'm just a fan in the crowd. Ive never talked to him or met him but he seems like a great kid. After Washington won the regional title you could see his teammates loved him a lot with how happy all of them were for him. Washington to me is a great place to live. I've been here since 1992 when I transferred to Washington as well and I can see why parents would want to move to Washington. Plus Coach Brown is the best coach around as well in my opinion.