Mid-Illini Expectations

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
BLACK CAT
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Mid-Illini Expectations

Post by BLACK CAT »

What’s the skinny on the MI? Figuring Metamora should blaze through everyone. Panthers only return two starters. One is hurt and they will struggle until he returns.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: Mid-Illini Expectations

Post by Cristobal »

Minus Lewis and playing the number 1 team in Illinois, I thought Washington did great. The Duke kid was great. All games yesterday were good, even Metamora.

Getting ready to go back up now.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy
Butler Blue
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)

Post by Butler Blue »

Morton will be led by Beau Durbin. Otherwise, not a lot of Varsity experience. Looks like Freshman, Wes Gudeman, will play starter minutes.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Even though Metamora went 1-3 in the tournament, I believe they have a solid team. The tournament was a great learning experience for them and they will be hard to beat.

By the way, hats off to Kankakee for playing in the tournament with some players up north handling business. Especially when four starters weren’t at the tournament. They gave Metamora a game. They should do great when the entire team is together.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy
superfan309
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by superfan309 »

BLACK CAT wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:54 pm What’s the skinny on the MI? Figuring Metamora should blaze through everyone. Panthers only return two starters. One is hurt and they will struggle until he returns.
I see Washing has 3 Sr. starters which is encouraging. I am not a fan of a varsity lineup largely made up of sophomores and freshman. I think when you promote kids too fast they forget who they are and fall into a role when they can develop multiple skills at the Fr/Soph level. If they are game changers then yes promote them.