2016 baseball season

For the civil discussion of high school baseball
Baseball Junkie
Silver Poster (250 posts)

2016 baseball season

Post by Baseball Junkie »

Area teams have started playing and just checking the thoughts of the fans out there. Richwoods and ND appear to be out of gate pretty good. Is Washington off to a slow start? I think Metamora is picked 1st in mid-illini with Morton behind them. Thoughts?

jim beam
All Universe
All Universe

Re: 2016 baseball season

Post by jim beam »

Doesn't seem like there is much interest on the board. Not that many years ago, there was a ton of talk here
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

cutter752
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by cutter752 »

I dont think the Birds will win the MI this year. Lost a lot of talent last year. Panthers should win it all

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

cutter752 wrote:I dont think the Birds will win the MI this year. Lost a lot of talent last year. Panthers should win it all
I did not realize that Metamora lost every position player from last season. It explains their struggle scoring runs so far.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

Gdawg1095
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Gdawg1095 »

Morton fields at least 9 players that will play at the next level including a Bradley recruit and a junior thats the 4th ranked prospect, in Altenberger. I'd be absolutely blown away if anyone gave them any true trouble in the conference.

Baseball Junkie

Gdawg1095 wrote:Morton fields at least 9 players that will play at the next level including a Bradley recruit and a junior thats the 4th ranked prospect, in Altenberger. I'd be absolutely blown away if anyone gave them any true trouble in the conference.
Early on you could be right. Where is the other 7 kids you speak of going to college to play? Metamora,last i seen was like 3-10? I dint expect that big of a fall-off with Guerro and Lewis back on mound. Guerro has racked up the innings for last 6 years for sure. Has he gotten better? Limestone seems to be right behind right now. Rhodes,Myers are 2 college pitches at some level,but will they be able to score themselves? I seen Canton split with Washington and EP got swept. I dont think EP has pitching to be in upper half. Pekin appears to be Pekin. Might be headed to bottom half as well

Gdawg1095
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Gdawg1095 »

Main, bolt, mormann, and smith are all committed. Altenberger will recieve offers from very good schools, christianson, davis, and brown(who this year is really just a pinch runner due to depth in the outfield) all play outlaws and get attention at scouting things such as pbr. There are also 2 sophomores in peterson, who is ranked tenth in the state in his age, and massaglia, who has really impressed early including making the all tournament tean in a perfect game tournament in georgia that they competed in a few weeks ago. 9 of the ten of not all ten will play at the next level

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

Gdawg1095 wrote:Morton fields at least 9 players that will play at the next level including a Bradley recruit and a junior thats the 4th ranked prospect, in Altenberger. I'd be absolutely blown away if anyone gave them any true trouble in the conference.
Linestone 2 Morton 0 F
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Reggie wrote:
Linestone 2 Morton 0 F
Are you saying that was some trouble Reggie? ;)
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

O&B 78 wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Linestone 2 Morton 0 F
Are you saying that was some trouble Reggie? ;)
For my money high school baseball is as tough a sport to pick as anything. Wasn't it two years ago when a Metamora team that finished around .500 in conference finished 3rd in state?

Baseball Junkie

Gdawg1095 wrote:Main, bolt, mormann, and smith are all committed. Altenberger will recieve offers from very good schools, christianson, davis, and brown(who this year is really just a pinch runner due to depth in the outfield) all play outlaws and get attention at scouting things such as pbr. There are also 2 sophomores in peterson, who is ranked tenth in the state in his age, and massaglia, who has really impressed early including making the all tournament tean in a perfect game tournament in georgia that they competed in a few weeks ago. 9 of the ten of not all ten will play at the next level
Well that group will get another shot tonight V Limestone again. Even pitch runners are getting attention? Outlaws or whoever you pay to play for-you still have to be good enough when the time comes with talent,not checkbook talent

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Does Limestone have a deep pitching staff after their ace?
go cubs go!

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Baseball Junkie wrote: Well that group will get another shot tonight V Limestone again.
And bounced back pretty well

Baseball Junkie

Bounced back very well. Dunlap seems to be on move right now. I think they swept EP who continues a downward spiral. Betson from Washington has another good game last night. What year is he?

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Baseball Junkie

Looks like EP got 1st conference win last night V Pekin. Limestone swept Washington with 2 good pitching performances and i think Dunlap got swept by Morton. Besides some pitchers,it looks like Mid-illini is down when it comes to defense and hitting. Richwoods continues to be best team in area i think

salz4life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by salz4life »

Reggie wrote:
Linestone 2 Morton 0 F
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The Pack Leader"

Gdawg1095
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Gdawg1095 »

After the 2-0 loss to limestone, morton responded outscoring their last four conference opponents 42-1, including starting the game off with 7 straight base hits tonight against pekin. In between conference wins, they played chatham who has multiple d1 recruits including a sophomores that hit 89 during the game. Potters swept them as well. Baseball is hard to play great day in and day out so losses happen, but I'd still be shocked if anyone really gives them challenges in both games.

Baseball Junkie

Looks like Morton and Limestone have already seperated themselves from the rest of conference. Limestone beat a bad hitting Metamora team last night 3-1 and Morton smoked a bad Pekin team. EP continues its slide to last place by losing to Canton. Not much hitting in conference this year

Baseball Junkie

Looks like Morton has upper hand going into final 2 weeks of conference season. Limestone clearly in 2nd and from there down its been a struggle for team to hit the ball.

Gdawg1095
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Gdawg1095 »

Potters have outscored conference opponents 111-13. This team has been about as dominant as I said they would be. Pitching has outperformed with multiple sophomores stepping up and playing great. The offense was there pretty much always. Congrats to the potters on a great regular season, let's see if Coach Crawford and company can win their first high school playoff game and make a run as the one seed in the sub sectional

Baseball Junkie

I Think Morton has to win last game V Washington to win conference right? It appears they will. Morton has something nobody else has in conference. They have hitters who hit the baseball consistant. I wouldnt call them world beaters by no means,but they clearly are best hitting team in conference which is way down this year.

Gdawg1095
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Gdawg1095 »

Best thing the potters have is hitters that are experienced in big game hitting along with hitting against really good pitching. In the postseason, you may run into guys that throw hard that against most teams, the 90mph fastball will eliminate the back end of the lineup and thats not the case for the potters as everyone in the lineup plays against extremely tough pitching day in and day out in the summer. This will be extremely necessary to make a run.

Baseball Junkie

Morton is the best hitting team in conference for sure. Its not even close. The 90 MPH reference though is way off. No one around here is even close to what a real 90mph is. It seems like the new 90 is the old 80mph.

Gdawg1095
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Gdawg1095 »

Whether you think they are throwing 90 or not. According to radar guns, someone like Guerrero from Metamora hits 86, that kind of stuff from a lefty eliminates most kids at the bottom of the order, making it easier to shut down teams because 3 or 4 kids really have no chance. There are kids upstate in 3a that do hit 90 including a few kids going to big D1 schools. That is what I'm referring to when I say that the amount of competent hitters in the lineup should help against great pitching in the playoffs.