Peoria Area Baseball

For the civil discussion of high school baseball
YIplay
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Peoria Area Baseball

Post by YIplay »

With one week to go before opening day, let's get this baseball chatter started already!!!!
Who's the best area teams?
Who's the players to watch?

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Peoria Area Baseball

Post by Reggie »

Metamora should be good one all the dominos fall into place.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

YIplay
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by YIplay »

Reggie wrote:Metamora should be good one all the dominos fall into place.
Yeah Reggie, I think the question is, who's going to get second in the MI. Metamora has a ton of talent!!

USD24
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by USD24 »

Is Trent Johnson back? I saw him pitch last year early in the year against Joliet Catholic. He went down late in the game. My understanding is he had Tommy John surgery. Is he going to pitch this year? The kid is a stud and I hope he is able to come back.

firefighter13
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)

Post by firefighter13 »

USD24 wrote:Is Trent Johnson back? I saw him pitch last year early in the year against Joliet Catholic. He went down late in the game. My understanding is he had Tommy John surgery. Is he going to pitch this year? The kid is a stud and I hope he is able to come back.

From what I have heard, he can be a position player right now. They are bringing him along slowly as far as pitching.
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

Baseball Junkie
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Baseball Junkie »

Guerro will be tough to beat. But who is Metamoras #3 pitcher? Lotta suspensions over at Metamora as well to deal with early. I wouldnt count on Johnsons arm at this point,but you can count on his bat as he hits it well. Limestones pitching staff might be right there after Metmora at full strength. Meyers,Rhodes,Peacock,Reid are all pretty solid,but team might struggle to score runs. Washington will score runs this year i believe,but dont know how deep staff is. Pekin will be down again. EP has lefty back i think who was pretty good last year

Bearfin13
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Bearfin13 »

They also have the Lewis kid that no-hit Washington in the regional finals last year.

Bearfin13
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Bearfin13 »

Lots of players to watch : Both Shadids, Hurst Notre Dame. Cook Watkins Washington. Skender, Johnson Guerrero Fairfield Metamora. Peacock Reid Rhodes Limestone. Mangieri Dunlap. Janzen Princeville to name a few.
There are many others in central Illinois.