Beardstown Community Unit School District 15

For the civil discussion of high school baseball
crazy WILDCAT fan
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Beardstown Community Unit School District 15

Post by crazy WILDCAT fan »

I know it’s your place and you can do what you want but how in the WORLD can you get away with charging to get into softball and baseball games. I have been to many, many games across the state High School and College baseball and softball never paid to get in. How do you get to do it? Basically I’m just curious why you charge when no one else does? I know you charge for Softball as well. I would like to know who else charges around the state? We should get a list going. Heads up if you’re going to Beardstown for baseball or softball better take GATE money! I know when post season comes that IHSA makes you pay I am just talking about regular season here!

sirtoxic4
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Re: Beardstown Community Unit School District 15

Post by sirtoxic4 »

In Indiana you pay to get into any sporting event, track, baseball, softball, swimming, tennis etc. Be thankful most places in Illinois do not charge.
"It's Manu Manu the slender and his I'm going out and get some poi sack dance!"

crazy WILDCAT fan
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

No I dont think you got it. The problem is that in Illinois Beardstown is the only one that Charges!

Veeman
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Veeman »

I know it is not the first time and it won't be the last.

To answer your question about why admission is charged....think of it this way: how else are you going to come up with funds that the state government is not going to be sending to your school district any time soon to support your athletic programs? The state owes more money to each school district than we can even imagine, and the chances of even promising IF and WHEN they will make good seems to be slim and none.

crazy WILDCAT fan
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

COME ON MAN!! No one is getting state funds...It’s your site. People just need to know when they go there that they will be charged to get in when it's not common anywhere else. Just saying...
Last edited by crazy WILDCAT fan on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disturbed
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Disturbed »

The only time I've ever paid to attend a baseball/softball game is at the sectional/super sectional level. Ever.

net
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by net »

i'm nearly 100% sure that all of beardstown's sports were saved by community fundraising efforts last year(that would be this current year). the district is in the same boat for the next school year.

it's only a matter of time before every school is charging for 'free entertainment' that you are so concerned about. this post was not meant to be as snide as i just sounded. it's the way the future of high school sports is headed.

pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Post by pndbaseball12 »

Be happy they still have a baseball program. Some smaller schools are losing sports programs.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda

hoosier34
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by hoosier34 »

It is an adjustment when things go from FREE to having to pay. But money is tight in schools. 30 years ago, we had to pay $50 per sport. What are schools charging per sport these days? I know some schools charge in the ballpark of $40 but put a cap on total family cost per year. Personally, I would be willing to pay more if it meant the difference between having sports and not having sports--I realize that not everyone can do this. When I see what families pay to have kids play club sports, high school sports are cheap.

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

hoosier34 wrote: When I see what families pay to have kids play club sports, high school sports are cheap.
And on this Sunday morning you get an AMEN. Then include travel expenses, takes a good chunk out of the budget.
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

formertiger91
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by formertiger91 »

Congrads to btown for winning the prairieland conference in their last season