MId Illini 2016

For the civil discussion of high school softball
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Re: MId Illini 2016

Post by deejay » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:02 pm

One might as well right off Morton from having any kind of softball team in the future. Constant bickering between the MYSA and Park District has caused most all Morton girls to look elsewhere to play next year. There seems to be not even enough players left to field teams from 10U through 16U.
go cubs go!

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:14 am

deejay wrote:One might as well right off Morton from having any kind of softball team in the future. Constant bickering between the MYSA and Park District has caused most all Morton girls to look elsewhere to play next year. There seems to be not even enough players left to field teams from 10U through 16U.
That's too bad for the girls and the fairly new coach.
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:40 pm

One of the Park Districts policies is that Men's rec leagues receive priority on diamonds. At any time they can force the girls teams off of the diamonds, without notice. Pretty bad when the school district just spent lots of taxpayer money to build a new diamond for girls softball.
go cubs go!

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:31 pm

deejay wrote:One of the Park Districts policies is that Men's rec leagues receive priority on diamonds. At any time they can force the girls teams off of the diamonds, without notice. Pretty bad when the school district just spent lots of taxpayer money to build a new diamond for girls softball.
The girls should have priority on that field. Pretty sure the girls are never trumped on Jan Smith Field which is also on park district land. In fact I don't recall ever seeing an adult league game on it.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:39 am

I was asked today if our ladies coach has got involved in this issue. Needs to, but I doubt it. But you need to remember that this is a town where the only sport is girls basketball and the only place where a football field is known as the home of the school band!
go cubs go!

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:21 pm

deejay wrote:I was asked today if our ladies coach has got involved in this issue. Needs to, but I doubt it. But you need to remember that this is a town where the only sport is girls basketball and the only place where a football field is known as the home of the school band!
I almost posted in my 1st response that girls basketball and tennis seem to be the only sports not interfered with in Morton

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Oops! I should have included the successful tennis program.
go cubs go!