Metamora Regional Championship

For the civil discussion of high school softball
GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Metamora Regional Championship

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:01 pm

Per a tweet by Adam Duval ........ Metamora is your Class 3A regional champion. The Redbirds beat Notre Dame, 11-1 in 6 innings.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

BigYellowCAT
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Re: Metamora Regional Championship

Post by BigYellowCAT » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:48 pm

:shock: .... Wow, that's ugly!!

For the second yr in a row the 7th place team in the mid illini beat a 3A ranked PND sotball team. Either pnd is over hyped each year, or, the Mid Illini is just that much better than the MS4(WB12?)!!!

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:10 pm

And now Metamora will face Washington tomorrow at 4:30 at Dunlap. The other sectional semi will be Alleman and Bloomington High at 7:00.

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:43 pm

BigYellowCAT wrote::shock: .... Wow, that's ugly!!

For the second yr in a row the 7th place team in the mid illini beat a 3A ranked PND sotball team. Either pnd is over hyped each year, or, the Mid Illini is just that much better than the MS4(WB12?)!!!
Or was PND worn out after their Madden Cruiser broke down and they had to walk to the game? :twisted:
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher

spikeless
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by spikeless » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:37 pm

Didn't PND lose their pitching Ace to an ACL tear a bit ago?

Hawks
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Hawks » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:38 am

PNC was not ranked in the 5/25/2015 poll and think they fell out of rankings earlier in the season. They did lose their starting pitcher early in the season with knee injury and were pitching two freshman who had very little pitching experience.

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:21 am

Hawks wrote:PNC was not ranked in the 5/25/2015 poll and think they fell out of rankings earlier in the season. They did lose their starting pitcher early in the season with knee injury and were pitching two freshman who had very little pitching experience.
Metamora had an all freshmen battery as well. So ..... :roll:
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

jmc
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by jmc » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:53 pm

I think the key words were "very little pitching experience". I don't know how much experience or success the PND freshman pitchers have had over the years, but it is a tough spot to put any freshman in.

Sometimes freshman do come into high school with a wealth of pitching experience from travel leagues, so I also don't think it is shocking to see a freshman battery do well like MTHS.

Obviously, when PND lost their ace, it hurt them tremendously as it would with most teams. It seems some people were just trying to explain why PND struggled near the end of the year and not to take away any other team's success.

I sincerely hope no one was truly offended by PND taking a charter bus to games. If anyone would like a clarification on why, I would be happy to explain the reason.

Hawks
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Hawks » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:24 am

That is exactly what I meant jmc. I was first trying to clarify that ND was not a ranked team other than pre season ranking, so statement that MId-Illi Team beat a ranked ND team 2nd year in a row was not correct. Secondly, someone made comment that ND Ace tore ACL and was just stating that was case and that they had to very inexperienced freshman pitchers that were now pitching. I'm not specific fan for any team just like softball and was trying to keep the facts straight. I guess there are some people on here that have some sensitivity issues concerning this subject.