Pre-workout drink

For the discussion of fitness; workout routines, weight loss and all things related to a healthy lifestyle
runningblood
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Pre-workout drink

Post by runningblood » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:33 pm

First off, I am aware that the large amounts of caffeine in most pre-workout supplements is not good on your heart.. thats a fact. However, I think that if used correctly, the risks are minimal... so on that note, what pre-workout supplements have you guys had the most success with?? I have tried NoXplod, NaNoVapor, NOShotgun, and Fast Twitch. So far I would rank NOShotgun as my favorite, followed by NaNoVapor, NoXplod, and then Fast Twitch. I like the 20g of protein in NOShotgun and the fact that you only have to take one scoop. I built up a tolerance to both NaNoVapor and NoXplod less then one cycle in. Also, I've been reading up on a new preworkout called "Jacked" and wondering if anyone had tried that one yet.. any comments/questions welcome.

bulldog1982
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)

Re: Pre-workout drink

Post by bulldog1982 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:56 pm

NO Shotgun V3 by VPX is by far my favorite pre workout NO drink. As stated before it contains 20g of protein(both whey/casein), all EAA's and BCAA's(valine, leucine, isoleucine), creatine, glutamine and of course Beta-Alanine. No bloat to this drink and only a single scoop is needed. VPX has put out a very good product and I recommend it to my clients with very positive feedback.
Ben Diggle makes TheBigLead!
http://www.joesportsfan.com/?p=10596

Beanie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Beanie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 am

Bulldog - Since you threw it out there, how about someone like me who is running 4-5 miles and then following that up with a lot of high rep/low weight stuff. I'm looking to improve my running time while gaining more lean muscle and lowering my body fat.
BradleyGargoyles.com
GargoyleFans.com

bulldog1982

Post by bulldog1982 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:02 pm

Absolutely Beanie, our bodies all need the same nutrients. The only change is depending on our individual goals we just adjust the macronutrient percentages. ie higher carbs, lower fat what have you.

NO Shotgun V3 also had the VPX Redline propriety as the "thermogenic" source. Or simply caffeine. Which has been shown to increase strength and help with metabolism.

My personal recomendation(I get nothing monetary from this plug) is to order from http://www.bodybuilding.com They are fast and reliable and 99% of the time they have what you need in stock.

PantherBball06
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by PantherBball06 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:03 pm

I use and have been using BSN NO Xplode for over a year. It doesn't have the 20g of protein but I have tried similar products such as Musletech NaNO Vapor, Shotgun, and I have tried White Flood once.... but none of them taste as good or give me the huge pumps that we all love when we work out. Shotgun is probably your best choice though. Xplode is best tasting by far, I recommend Lemonade flavor to those of you who try this.
"God needed a RB, so he took the best" R.I.P Evan, you will truly be missed by all the lives you touched.

PantherBball06
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by PantherBball06 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:06 pm

Bulldog-

What do you take after workouts not including Protein?

My workout Supplemental Routine
pre- MuscleMilk, BSN NO Xplode
Post - MuscleMilk, and Anator P-70

I'm just curious.
"God needed a RB, so he took the best" R.I.P Evan, you will truly be missed by all the lives you touched.

bulldog1982

Post by bulldog1982 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:38 pm

My current postworkout drink is currently.

40 grams of waxy maize in the form of GlycoMaize by Optimum Nutrition.
40 grams of whey in the form of 100% Gold Whey by Optimum Nutrition
10 grams of Creatine Monohydrate
10 grams of L-Glutamine(free form)
I also add 1,000 mg of Vitamin C to help support my immune system after training

Keep in mind, my current goal is to add size and keep gaining strength.

bigbabywoowoo
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by bigbabywoowoo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:59 pm

runningblood wrote:First off, I am aware that the large amounts of caffeine in most pre-workout supplements is not good on your heart.. thats a fact. However, I think that if used correctly, the risks are minimal... so on that note, what pre-workout supplements have you guys had the most success with?? I have tried NoXplod, NaNoVapor, NOShotgun, and Fast Twitch. So far I would rank NOShotgun as my favorite, followed by NaNoVapor, NoXplod, and then Fast Twitch. I like the 20g of protein in NOShotgun and the fact that you only have to take one scoop. I built up a tolerance to both NaNoVapor and NoXplod less then one cycle in. Also, I've been reading up on a new preworkout called "Jacked" and wondering if anyone had tried that one yet.. any comments/questions welcome.

I can relate to you as far as the tolerance build up for NO-Xplode. One of my favorite pre-work out drinks is Endorush which is a BSN product. Alls you need is a half a bottle. Bottles usually cost about $4. Being a college student it is hard to afford supplements.
the key to success is the iron you pump

45otseoj
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 45otseoj » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:59 pm

bigbabywoowoo wrote:Being a college student it is hard to afford supplements.

I feel you on that one. Vitamis Plus on Williow Knolls has been very good to me. That being said, the price of supplements for someone on my and bbww's budget is a big chunk of change.
REDBIRDSBEARSCUBSBULLSHAWKSFIREIRISH

PantherBball06
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by PantherBball06 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:43 am

I hear ya on that NOXplode tolerence... I'm on my 3rd month taking it, and I'm up to 3 scoops a day haha.

GatorChomp1919
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by GatorChomp1919 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:31 pm

White flood taste just like some country time lemonade. So good.

BucNasty

Post by BucNasty » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:20 am

Jacked will literally jack you up the first couple of times you take it. Lots of scoops too. Kept me awake all night if i worked out in the evening. But its cheap and gets the job done if your not a frequent gym goer. NO Shotgun is what im currently taking and it works fine. Just dont believe everything you hear at GNC or Vitamins Plus they dont get a ton of business so they'll tell you whatever to make a sale. Pre-work outs stink because eventually you become immune to them, then your like this looking for the best thing out there, and then your spending all your money on a product that works 25% of the time! Im stuck on em too i admit it..too be totally honest, a cup or two of black coffee should just about do the trick for anyone.

runningblood
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by runningblood » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:31 pm

currently using GNC's N.O. Loaded product.... 40 servings/container and i only need a half serving (200mg caffeine) to do the trick.. perfect for a broke college student haha... anyone tried any new miracle products recently?

Jack Black
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Jack Black » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:58 am

PantherBball06 wrote:I use and have been using BSN NO Xplode for over a year. It doesn't have the 20g of protein but I have tried similar products such as Musletech NaNO Vapor, Shotgun, and I have tried White Flood once.... but none of them taste as good or give me the huge pumps that we all love when we work out. Shotgun is probably your best choice though. Xplode is best tasting by far, I recommend Lemonade flavor to those of you who try this.

You've been using NO Xplode for over a year!?!?! How have you not built up a tolerance yet? I built up a tolerance to that stuff in under a month.

Jack Black
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Jack Black » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:00 am

BucNasty wrote:Jacked will literally jack you up the first couple of times you take it. Lots of scoops too. Kept me awake all night if i worked out in the evening. But its cheap and gets the job done if your not a frequent gym goer. NO Shotgun is what im currently taking and it works fine. Just dont believe everything you hear at GNC or Vitamins Plus they dont get a ton of business so they'll tell you whatever to make a sale. Pre-work outs stink because eventually you become immune to them, then your like this looking for the best thing out there, and then your spending all your money on a product that works 25% of the time! Im stuck on em too i admit it..too be totally honest, a cup or two of black coffee should just about do the trick for anyone.

Jacked never really did much for me except make me short of breath.

Jack Black
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Jack Black » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:02 am

runningblood wrote:currently using GNC's N.O. Loaded product.... 40 servings/container and i only need a half serving (200mg caffeine) to do the trick.. perfect for a broke college student haha... anyone tried any new miracle products recently?

Ravage from GNC is the best one I've taken so far. Loaded with Beta-Alenine but not as much caffeine, so you get the tingle without the head rush.

The-Bulldog
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by The-Bulldog » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:37 pm

BucNasty wrote:Jacked will literally jack you up the first couple of times you take it. Lots of scoops too. Kept me awake all night if i worked out in the evening. But its cheap and gets the job done if your not a frequent gym goer. NO Shotgun is what im currently taking and it works fine. Just dont believe everything you hear at GNC or Vitamins Plus they dont get a ton of business so they'll tell you whatever to make a sale. Pre-work outs stink because eventually you become immune to them, then your like this looking for the best thing out there, and then your spending all your money on a product that works 25% of the time! Im stuck on em too i admit it..too be totally honest, a cup or two of black coffee should just about do the trick for anyone.

Aside from the fact coffee doesn't have protein, creatine, L-Arginine etc that a good PWD like No Shotgun has...

TXQB

Post by TXQB » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:52 am

preworkouts can make you very dependent on them. i would be cautious as to how often you use them...

francis80
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by francis80 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:23 pm

I really question the use of all these supplements that people using. If you are running 5k's drinking water is fine. But, if you are running marathon's, I can see the necessity of using them. I do not know of too many supplements being examined by the FDA. There is a new study out now talking about caffeine and exercise. In it the study claims that the appropriate use is 2 grams per lb of body weight. Basically having a cup of coffee will not hurt and might be beneficial.