Always a Brave and TBT Update

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
JMM28
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster

Re: Always a Brave and TBT Update

Post by JMM28 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:25 pm

That was just a whoopin they handed out. AAB might have the deepest roster of any in the tournament.

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:29 pm

who's up
next
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

JMM28
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster

Post by JMM28 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:58 pm

dogsrus wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:29 pm
who's up
next

Ohio State alum team and after that would be either KState, Marquette, or SLU.

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:59 pm

We looked soooooo much better today winning 92 -81 and it wasn't that close. We shot twice the percentage we did yesterday. POB looked twice as good as yesterday. And Cellus is the man. We play Ohio St next on Saturday in Brooklyn at 2 televised on the Duece. I assume the 2 o'clock time is Eastern but not sure so that would be 1 in Peoria.

SFP
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster

Post by SFP » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Mike Radigan wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:59 pm
We looked soooooo much better today winning 92 -81 and it wasn't that close. We shot twice the percentage we did yesterday. POB looked twice as good as yesterday. And Cellus is the man. We play Ohio St next on Saturday in Brooklyn at 2 televised on the Duece. I assume the 2 o'clock time is Eastern but not sure so that would be 1 in Peoria.
Last year Cellus was our best player hands down. How does AW look out there? I was kinda of hoping he would be our second best option.
"Wardle: Thanks for calling. I appreciate it."

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:24 pm

SFP wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:11 pm
Mike Radigan wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:59 pm
Last year Cellus was our best player hands down. How does AW look out there? I was kinda of hoping he would be our second best option.
AW is not getting many minutes. I'm guessing 5. BTW Boggie played today and played some nice D.

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:35 pm

OSU is good but i believe we are deeper....POB has to keep his upward trend and good D is imperative and a strength of ours.

Think we took our footboff the gas today and went into prevent mode from what i saw on tv....

Pundits are picking OSU but how much based on name...??? They are good but beatable.

Should be a good game... go BU!!!!!
Last edited by dogsrus on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:10 pm

dogsrus wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:35 pm
OSU is good but i believe we are deeper....POB has to keep his upward trend and good D is imperative and a strength of ours.

Think we took our footboff the gas today and went into prevent mode from what i saw on tv....

Pundits are picking OSU but how much based on some...??? They are good but beatable.

Should be a good game... go BU!!!!!
We can beat the Buckeyes but we need to play the full game. I think size-wise we can match them, but the size of their wings may be a problem. We will do us proud, that I know.
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:57 pm

I think our bigs can contain Sullinger. The matchup to watch is our speed guards versus the length of Diebler and Buford. Oh, and we have to shoot well.

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Mike Radigan wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:57 pm
I think our bigs can contain Sullinger. The matchup to watch is our speed guards versus the length of Diebler and Buford. Oh, and we have to shoot well.
We have to shoot well to beat OSU, they will have a big advantage inside as they have bigger and younger players.

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:36 pm

There's a little bit of contradicting info on the TBT webiste. One part of the site says the game on Saturday is at 2:00 PM ET. The bracket page the game is at Noon ET and is airing on ESPN.

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:23 pm

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 am

real fan wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:32 pm
Mike Radigan wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:57 pm
We have to shoot well to beat OSU, they will have a big advantage inside as they have bigger and younger players.
Have to keep Diebler, Buford, and Lighty in check, and rebound much better than BB did....The OSU team had a TON of 2nd/3rd chance pts..

They may be younger inside, but as a whole, we are a much quicker team (and deeper)...run in transition and make some 3's and control the tempo and the ball, I like our chances.
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:42 am

Bobby Parker wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:03 am
We are continuing to move in the right direction - great kids, who work hard on the court, in the classroom and in the community.
First, I just want to say what an outstanding job you guys have done with bringing in the former players and with the event BP...It was a lot of fun...

Also want to echo what you are saying here, because I am not sure many were more excited for these games than our current players watching in the stands...it was nice to talk with some of them and see that we are hopefully headed in the right direction and can get to where Bradley Basketball should be --- as the head of the league
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:06 am

Per Dave Reynolds, "Next Saturday at Long Island University in Brooklyn, AAB will meet the Ohio State alumni team, which coasted to a 72-58 win over the Banner Boys in the preceding game Sunday. The game will be broadcast on ESPN at 11 a.m. Central."

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:14 am

Note to BU staff and Bobby Parker. You need to do something about the lights at Main and the parking deck when an event is letting out. Seriously!

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:27 am

David Collins was always fine, but he was misused terribly, and had the misfortune of playing in a system committed to a four-guard, three-point oriented offense.

There is a reason Michigan State shot just 17% and were in serious danger of losing with Collins on the floor, and stole the game back in the final 4 minutes when Collins was a DNP, when the Spartans visited Carver Arena
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:58 pm

squirrel wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:27 am
David Collins was always fine, but he was misused terribly, and had the misfortune of playing in a system committed to a four-guard, three-point oriented offense.

There is a reason Michigan State shot just 17% and were in serious danger of losing with Collins on the floor, and stole the game back in the final 4 minutes when Collins was a DNP, when the Spartans visited Carver Arena
I agree. And I think he could have still thrived in the 4 guard offense. Theron Wilson wasn't even really a guard. Nova has shown how it's supposed to work. We had the chance to be real innovators and kind of blew it. Oh well. Water under the bridge. TBT was fun, good to see those guys back in Peoria.
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015

SFP
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster

Post by SFP » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:37 pm

BradleyBrave wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:58 pm
squirrel wrote:

I agree. And I think he could have still thrived in the 4 guard offense. Theron Wilson wasn't even really a guard. Nova has shown how it's supposed to work. We had the chance to be real innovators and kind of blew it. Oh well. Water under the bridge. TBT was fun, good to see those guys back in Peoria.
Pretty much how I feel but I never thought Collins had the necessary toughness or maturity to really pull it off while he was at BU. Part of that problem was that we did not have the right coaching that emphasis or taught that to the bigs. There's a reason I really like Coach Wardle and that is he has these guys playing tough and playing like a team.
"Wardle: Thanks for calling. I appreciate it."

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:28 pm

That was a great weekend of basketball, the Peoria area fans showed up in numbers and had this event been advertised much better the crowds would have been even bigger. I was talking to some basketball fans today and told them about how great it was to watch these teams over the weekend and many of them stated they would have attended but had zero knowledge about this event.
I would think BU would host this next season if they enter a team next season because of the good turnout.

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:33 pm

SFP wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:37 pm
BradleyBrave wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:58 pm
squirrel wrote:

Pretty much how I feel but I never thought Collins had the necessary toughness or maturity to really pull it off while he was at BU. Part of that problem was that we did not have the right coaching that emphasis or taught that to the bigs. There's a reason I really like Coach Wardle and that is he has these guys playing tough and playing like a team.
Great points, Collins is so much better now which relates to maturity. I hope our players got a glimpse of how hard and how tough this alumni team played in order to get wins in this tournament.

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:12 pm

Time change now to noon this Sat but no time zone provided..... :?.... games in NY so is the noon their time or our time?????

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:22 pm

dogsrus wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:12 pm
Time change now to noon this Sat but no time zone provided..... :?.... games in NY so is the noon their time or our time?????
My TV guide still has it on ESPN at 11 Peoria time (CDT).

Watch party?

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Mike Radigan wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:22 pm
dogsrus wrote:

Watch party?
Bobby sent email today that said time change... game now at noon.... again :? ...noon where

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:42 pm

dogsrus wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:45 pm
Mike Radigan wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:22 pm
dogsrus wrote:

Watch party?
Bobby sent email today that said time change... game now at noon.... again :? ...noon where
Noon Eastern (game site) is 11 here.