2018 BU recruiting

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

2018 BU recruiting

Post by Mike Radigan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:07 pm

Changed the 2017 and beyond thread to just 2017. Time for a 2018 and beyond thread.

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Re: 2018 BU recruiting and beyond

Post by squirrel » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:34 pm

Just a friendly suggestion/recommendation to not post too much in this thread until someone volunteers (not me!) to keep a list on the first page of the thread up-to-date. Accordingly, once someone has, please feel free to delete this post. It's nice for everyone to have the ongoing list on the front page. The 2017 list never had that.

Edit: Or maybe use the 2017 "and beyond" thread to get a good list started there first?
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

Lake Camelot
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Lake Camelot » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:11 pm

https://twitter.com/_Swaggy0
Blessed to receive an offer from Bradley University!🙏🏾 @bradleyumbb
http://verbalcommits.com/players/markylan-freeman

Lake Camelot
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Lake Camelot » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:15 pm

No 2019 thread, but.....

https://twitter.com/Illinois_Irish
2019 G 6'3 @Donavan_Moore32 will visit Bradley University tomorrow after a strong showing down in Dallas! #IrishFam🍀🏀

Lake Camelot
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Lake Camelot » Tue May 02, 2017 7:48 pm

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits
2018 Cordova (TN) F Rodgerick Brown has received an offer from Bradley. @RodBrown_RB5 http://verbalcommits.com/players/rodgerick-brown

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Fri May 05, 2017 3:15 pm

Lake Camelot wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 7:48 pm
2018 Cordova (TN) F Rodgerick Brown has received an offer from Bradley. @RodBrown_RB5 http://verbalcommits.com/players/rodgerick-brown
He'd have to be a special kind of kid who wants to turn around a program for Bradley to have any chance of landing him. He's a really good player.
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

JMM28
All World
All World

Post by JMM28 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:15 am

Top 19!

ER3
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)

Post by ER3 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:19 am

JMM28 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:15 am

Top 19!
So, you're saying there's a chance.... :)

pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Post by pndbaseball12 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:48 am

ER3 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:19 am
JMM28 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:15 am

Top 19!
So, you're saying there's a chance.... :)
As silly as it sounds, look at who else is on that list. On the surface, Bradley has no business being considered among those schools. BU and SLU are the only mid majors on that list. But there we are. First you get on the radar, then you win the small battles, then you go get the big ones. If you think these kids dont pay attention to where other kids are going you are naive.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda

Lake Camelot
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Lake Camelot » Sat May 20, 2017 9:27 am

Lake Camelot wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 7:48 pm
Reclassifying taking summer school classes then graduating and going to college in 2017. We have no business being on his list. But he must know where he is going to be planning all this so late. Hope it is us he is thinking of. Longshot though I will admit.

SFP
All World
All World

Post by SFP » Sat May 20, 2017 12:05 pm

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Its what I call whale hunting. You always need to be on a lookout for these catches as long you're not obsess with them.
"Wardle: Thanks for calling. I appreciate it."

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Mon May 22, 2017 4:05 pm

We've previously discussed 2019 G/F Michael Moreno in the 2017 Recruiting Thread but I'll add him here since a new write-up just came out on him -- http://www.nextuprecruits.com/news_arti ... id=1943996
Iowa just recently became the first high major school to offer the swingman, joining IUPUI and Bradley as programs who have offered. Interest is coming in from Butler, Northwestern, Creighton, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Xavier, and WKU. His offensive skillset will make him very attractive to these schools in July.
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

JMM28
All World
All World

Post by JMM28 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:31 pm

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Fri May 26, 2017 5:10 pm

Looks like he accidentally put the Butler logo up instead of the Bradley logo.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

Dallas Brave
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Dallas Brave » Sun May 28, 2017 9:16 am

Doesn't this kid know that players who can't get minutes at BU end up at schools like Mizzou? :roll: After being the best freshman on the squad, it was confusing to see Suggs riding the pine so much his soph year while other players who weren't as good (IMO) were logging lots of minutes at the 2 position. The two year grace period is over for BW. Hope he delivers the results this year!

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Sun May 28, 2017 10:00 am

Dallas Brave wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 9:16 am
Doesn't this kid know that players who can't get minutes at BU end up at schools like Mizzou? :roll: After being the best freshman on the squad, it was confusing to see Suggs riding the pine so much his soph year while other players who weren't as good (IMO) were logging lots of minutes at the 2 position. The two year grace period is over for BW. Hope he delivers the results this year!
You realize Ronnie Suggs is walking on and paying his own way at Mizzou right?
~Thomas Jefferson

SFP
All World
All World

Post by SFP » Sun May 28, 2017 12:37 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 10:00 am
Dallas Brave wrote:
You realize Ronnie Suggs is walking on and paying his own way at Mizzou right?
I'm sure BW would not have sat him on the pine if he was producing and buying into his regiment. To me BW never had a grace period. I always needed to see improvements throughout the year besides year to year and I'm seeing just that. I'm hoping his new recruits are an upgrade. He'll need that in order to keep up our upward projection.
"Wardle: Thanks for calling. I appreciate it."

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Sun May 28, 2017 4:54 pm

BW had a grace period. He gave Xavier Taylor and others a chance to buy in, take it or leave it. Yes it was short and I think Suggs waivered at the time. Wish him luck playing time with a bunch of guys getting all of the minutes promised.
go cubs go!

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:45 pm

Dallas Brave wrote:
I am very curious in the talent evaluation department of whom was he not playing over that he was better than...
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Tue May 30, 2017 1:25 pm

SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 12:45 pm
Dallas Brave wrote:
I am very curious in the talent evaluation department of whom was he not playing over that he was better than...
People struggle answering this kind of question. I'm curious as well.

There are only so many minutes in a game. Whose minutes should Suggs have been taking?
~Thomas Jefferson

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 1:25 pm

There are only so many minutes in a game. Whose minutes should Suggs have been taking?
Sure, because as bad as both Pittman and DLO were at times, they still shot the ball better than Suggs and did something Suggs never was really good at --- play defense
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan » Tue May 30, 2017 4:54 pm

SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Dallas Brave wrote:
Suggs was a great person but never really had any position he could be good at and his choice of Mizzou is a head scratcher as why not Washington U.

Lake Camelot
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Lake Camelot » Tue May 30, 2017 7:08 pm

SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 pm
tribecalledquest wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Sure, because as bad as both Pittman and DLO were at times, they still shot the ball better than Suggs and did something Suggs never was really good at --- play defense
I will chime in even though I wasn't asked. First this is just my opinion. It doesn't sync with most on here. I also think the coaches have the right to choose who they want. I have no idea what went on in practice.
I thought after his Freshman year Suggs showed promise as an all around player. I thought he could develop into a good outside shooter and ball handler. I would have played him over Pittman this past year. Although they are not competing for a position, I would have taken him over Callum for sure. And this one will really get me killed I know. But I would have played him over LVB also. I know I am probably the only one who feels that way about LVB. But his game really bothers me.
So, I guess it is possible for someone to think he showed more than he was given credit for. I also don't think his leaving will really have any kind of negative impact. I think most of our players are so close in ability that it really doesn't matter much unless we recruit better players. I have no problem with losing Suggs. I just feel he was as good as some other players that played more.

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Tue May 30, 2017 7:29 pm

real fan wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 4:54 pm
SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Dallas Brave wrote:
Suggs was a great person but never really had any position he could be good at and his choice of Mizzou is a head scratcher as why not Washington U.
Instate cost of attendance at Mizzou is $27,000. It's $69,000 at Washington U. I'm also not sure Ronnie would be admitted to Wash U academically (isn't a shot as very few get accepted there).
~Thomas Jefferson

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Tue May 30, 2017 7:34 pm

I'm not picking on Lake Camelot here but I think he signifies the issue with Ronnie Suggs. For some reason what people think/thought he was as a player was not backed up by statistics and information.

He never shot for a high percentage. He wasn't a good defender and he didn't rebound well for his size.
~Thomas Jefferson